It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fall of America and the rise of China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
China could easily create the worlds largest military power within 50 years ,so whats stopping them?They've probably already started building nuclear missile silos behind the Great Wall.Their communists,they've got a population higher than ours, and they don't speak English,their Americas worst fear.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
My god the american government has already started its prpaganda war agaisnt china....china is the next soveit union. Go read up about the cold war, should ease your mind about china.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Any nation can build a larger army.

So whats stopping them?

The need.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
While China could very well create a very substantial army, I would not go so far as to say that they are America's worst fear. One thing to remember is that one of the things allowing China to build their large army is U.S. money flowing into the country. The U.S. imported 17,863.7 million dollars worth of goods from China in January 2005 alone (www.census.gov...).

That is a big chunk of change each month to put towards their army, or anything else the government would like. The point being, the more that China creates, the more reliant on foreign income they will become until they reach a point of being able to support themsleves. But I believe that is quite some ways off - many, many years. Because of this, China would be better of not becoming a huge threat to the U.S., or any other country that provides a large amount of money to the country.

Additionaly, in todays global stage, communist countries appear not to fair as well as other countries.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
That would take awhile... China will not be able to defeat the US militaryilly even in 50 years would so. they have to invade the US homeland that would be the worst night mare to china. of they can always use nukes... but that would be end of china or even perhaps the end of the planet so nukes is not a option.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Look around your house, and pick five items. I bet at least 2 say made in China, the rest Mexico or Bangladesh. Without China, there would be no Wal-Mart. and there is Wal-Mart in China. When Wal-Mart pulls out, head to the basement.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
here is one of the hundred or so China vs. USA threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please use the search feature

thread closed

top topics

join