It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Band Has Returned

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Take a look! The evil band hath returned.

Shame!

Shame on us all!

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Nerdling]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well done Nerdling, you broke it.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hmmm.. Maybe I missed something in my long absense a month ago? What exactly is the Black Band

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That means that it is time to get back to proper responses of more than one line ... researching articles and stories before posting them and stop engaging in baiting, insults and trash talking. Let's get the ship back on course!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Oh I see... I don't think I've done any of these things, but now that I know what that warning is, I'll have to be more careful of what I post.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So get rid of BTS, christians, republicans, and other people like Deesw/edsinger/dj12/Grady who have in several posts called for the killing of a person/s?(Mainly the Sheehan woman but Deesw and Grady have called for others, oh and Cole has called for the nuking of France, Canada, China, so forth)

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yeah, and leave kind, gentle and non-offensive people like yourself, right?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I was going to make a thread about how we should bring back the black band. Some of the posters ATS would be more comfortable on Stormfront or Free Republic. Plus, there is the juvenile name-calling that is just really, really, getting on my nerves.

"You poo-poo pants Republican/Democrat! Go to France because you hate America, terrorist lover!!"

I mean seriously, that's the level I have seen on a lot of threads.

d1k

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yeah, and leave kind, gentle and non-offensive people like yourself, right?

Oh oh, you posted a one liner, black band for you!

Shame shame shame

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I have noticed these things happening alot. It's those members that cause harm to ATS. I miss the old days, when we only had like a few hundred members, and everyone got along and we all posted intelligently.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
d1k, you caught me, you got the Tater!
If I had a one-liner chicklet next to my name, I'd hit the thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
So get rid of ... christians, republicans, ... who have in several posts called for the killing of a person/s

See, it's posts like this that caused the black band in the first place. Only pointing out the bad posts of the side you don't like.

Forgetting non-Republicans like Slank, who called for "another dead president"

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I don't know why some members can't get the point. And those that argue back are just as bad. If someone says something that strongly offends you or something else along those lines, simply use the gripe button. I've never had a confrontation with anyone, because I don't start trouble, and I don't respond to it. If I have to, I just nicely state my case, and leave it at that. I let them know that they are entitled to their opinion just as much as I am, and if they have a problem, then simply ignore any of my posts, but I haven't had to go through that but once here on ATS so far.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I can't believe that remark is not worth a warn. It certainly is getting awfully close to illegal.

JAK

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Oh the irony of this thread!

Jak

d1k

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
All in all I think the overall quality of the site has been the same over the past year. I personally don't see why the black band is needed.

Especially since the politics scene has it's own forums now I cannot see anything getting to rash on ATS.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Push the War on Terrorism forum and Political Conspiracies forum to PTS .. that would solve a ton right there. And I'm pretty sure ECK is/was working on making this happen.. it should be done faster imo.

Just about every single thread in the WoT forum has some kind of political slant. And if it doesn't have a political slant before it's made, one quickly forms.

None of this bickering crap started until the 2004 Election Side Show and WoT crap seemed to quite literally take over this board.

The only other true bickering I see is from Masons defending Mason related threads.. everything else seems to be pretty civil most the time

But the whole WoT forum is just reeking of ignorance, hate, racism, generalizations, and political executions.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I agree with the WoT forum; it is ver ydifficult to separate politics from that topic. It is possible to discuss conspiracies within politics, though, all it takes is discipline and proper moderation.

What people need to realize is that when they root for a party, they root for the ones who want to destroy their way of life. The powers in the parties hang out in the same clubs, get it?

Ever since 9/11, we seem to have lost our way as a conspiratorial community, and we really need to get back to it. WE are doing nothing but feeding ignorance and helping the powers behind the powers.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Can you just feel the love?

It funny to me to see that some of the names listed are all in the MINORITY here at ATS. I guess if those buggers left then, there would only be ONE side to the story.

I can just feel the love!

I want to make this VERY clear - I did in no way advocate the killing of the grieving soldiers mother. That is just plain sick to even be accused of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I agree with the WoT forum; it is very difficult to separate politics from that topic. It is possible to discuss conspiracies within politics, though, all it takes is discipline and proper moderation.

Actually, your stance on the Political Conspiracies forum makes sense, .. because for the most part, the topics brought up in there seem to be about political history.. (maybe rename it and/or move it out of the "current events" subcategory?)

My only beef with the Political Conspiracy forum is it's seems to be used as an excuse to NOT go to PTS..

Take a look at the topics on the first page of the forum.. I'd be willing to bet, that most of them (not all, but most) are 'current events' political discussion. Understand: I'm refraining from posting any specific threads, and of course, I'm not a moderator, so the decision to leave/move is not up to me.

I'm just throwing around idea's and beleifs I've had since coming to ATS.. disregard them if they make no sense

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join