It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: "Riding the Fence" and Changing Sides --- Opinions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
df1

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
Apologies, TC.

I seldom agree with TC, however I feel he has always treated me fairly even when I yank his chain. I like him a lot more since he got rid of that doberman avatar though.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm in the 1st category.. I'm neutral.. why?

I frankly don't give a damn.. I know masons, and I know people that don't like masons. I've read about masons, and I've read things from masons (on this board)..

And what it all boils down to is this..

Masons present themselves in a much more professional manner. Every single one of them has presented facts, research resources and honesty to their posts.

Every person that speaks out versus masons seem to accompany it with 3rd party research from a bias source that tries to connect the dots using crayons or something... , or, like MrNecro, have absolutly no material other then word of mouth.

I would think, that if a man was kidnapped, tortured, and dragged to Thailand and help captive for (10years?) and then "escaped".. that that would make one hell of a headline news article.. but.. no facts, no resources, no material.. just word of mouth accompanied with 2 links to extreme biased anti-mason sources.

I'll be completely honest here when I say I have done very little research into Masons (aside from what was posted on ATS). I feel there is no need too... It all boils down to common sense for me. If masons were so evil then I'm willing to assume that they would have screwed up atleast once in the 280(?) odd years they've been around..

And the way I look at it, if the Mason are plotting to takeover the world, then have at it.. there's absolutly nothing I can do to stop them; and it's quite apparent that slandering them and making ridiculous claims is doing.. well.. nothing?

I call it Educated Ignorance.. I choose to ignore them until they present a threat to me.. and so far, over the past 280(?) years, they haven't let out even a tidbit of threat. So I respectfully ignore them.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
[snip]
And the way I look at it, if the Mason are plotting to takeover the world, then have at it.. there's absolutly nothing I can do to stop them; and it's quite apparent that slandering them and making ridiculous claims is doing.. well.. nothing?

QuietSoul,

Very nice post
...and MUCH appreciated. Don't tell anyone this, but the fact of the matter is, the secret "inner circle" of "high-ranking" Freemasons (of which I am a member) actually did consider taking over the world...but then we took a closer LOOK at the world, and, well, frankly, we don't want it. Hell, it's more fun to blow up Necro's bidet!

Regards,

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Why go to all this trouble?
Maybe because THEY ENJOY IT.

So you're saying that masons drugged you, forced you to watch rituals, dug through your trash, fed your dog laxatives and blew up youir toilet because... let me see if I got this correct: because they enjoy it?!?!?

Is that all you can come up with?!? I would have thought you would ahve come up with a more creative answer, like that they themselves were drugged and forced to do so, or something stupid like that.

You're so whacked out of your mind that it's actually quite sad.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Why go to all this trouble?
Maybe because THEY ENJOY IT.

So you're saying that masons drugged you, forced you to watch rituals, dug through your trash, fed your dog laxatives and blew up youir toilet because... let me see if I got this correct: because they enjoy it?!?!?

Is that all you can come up with?!? I would have thought you would ahve come up with a more creative answer, like that they themselves were drugged and forced to do so, or something stupid like that.

You're so whacked out of your mind that it's actually quite sad.

I don't think it's fair for ANYONE to comment on his story.

The only thing we can do is LISTEN and decide for ourselves.

You don't believe him? Okay. Move on.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia

I've been listening to him for over a year now, I've heard quite enough, and I don't think saying that he is not playing with a full deck is unfair at this point. Either that, or he's an outright liar.

Either way, his claims about Masonry are ridiculous. Of that I am sure.

[edit on 8/22/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

I've been listening to him for over a year now, I've heard quite enough, and I don't think saying that he is not playing with a full deck is unfair at this point. Either that, or he's an outright liar.

Either way, his claims about Masonry are ridiculous. Of that I am sure.

How are you so damn sure that he's not playing with a "full deck"? Have you met the guy? He obviously went through something and it would take me some hard convincing before I call someone a liar.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hi there.

What category do I fall into? Originally neutral. Was heading toward Pro Mason. A short stint as Anti Mason because of unfounded claims and personal doubts. I now am Pro Mason again who has decided to pursue this path myself.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

How are you so damn sure that he's not playing with a "full deck"? Have you met the guy? He obviously went through something and it would take me some hard convincing before I call someone a liar.

*shakes head* You just don't pay attention, do you?

My guess is that he was rejected for membership to the lodge, now he has a bone to pick with Freemasonry... SO he comes here and plays up this story, at the one place he knows there might be some people gullible enough *ahem* to believe it.

Fact: Masons do not drug people and force them to watch rituals.

Fact: Freemasons do not harass people who do not want to join.

Fact: Masons do not want people in their fraternity that do not want to be there.

Fact: It is ridiculous to say that "Freemasons murderd my toilet."

Fact: Freemasons have better things to do than chase some looney all over Europe with a pack of Ex-Lax chocolates and cherry bombs.

Fact: MrNecros has been saying that the Freemasons, in retaliation for him not wanting to be a Mason (like he's so damned special they would be soooooo upset not to have him...
), a) have vandalized his crapper, b) rummaged through his garbage, c) filtered his mail, d) fed laxatives to his dog, e) hindered his progress at his job, f) has met over 1,000 Masons in the last few years (including members of his own family) that won't admit they are members (then how do you know they are Masons, genius?), and has a looooooooong history of inaccurate assumptions that are time and time again shown to be incorrect, yet he still says it, knowing full well he is wrong. Go back and look at his volleys with Masonic Light if you don't want to take my word for it. Here's a good start. And another. Happy reading.

Fact: I said either he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket, or a liar. Didn't say which.

Fact: Your attempts to vilify Masonry are growing tiresome.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stegosaur
OK to me these are the most relevant parts, as far as this thread goes. I'm not here to debate the existence of SRA, however, you are saying that you investigated Masonry in connection to this subject and found nothing legitimate enough in your opinion to incriminate them. If I have this paraphrased incorrectly, please let me know, but this is what I was getting from your post.

[snip]

I don't make this stuff up, you know. I have better things to do than that. But if you truly choose to live by the sentiment expressed in those two quotes above, the truth becomes pretty clear on its own, and that's how I came to my change of heart about Freemasonry.

Oh my gosh, a balanced, reasoned post from someone on here regarding Freemasonry. For that:

You have voted Stegosaur for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join