It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Governor General of Canada...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I guess with this job comes drama.

Even before the job...

Michaelle Jean, the governor general designate, has publicly affirmed her commitment to Canadian federalism in response to claims that she once harboured sympathies for Quebec independence.

But her carefully worded statement Wednesday did not directly address claims that the couple may have expressed past support for the separatist cause. In the statement, Jean said her devotion to Canada is shared by her husband, film-maker Jean-Daniel Lafond.

"I want to tell you unequivocally that both he and I are proud to be Canadian and that we have the greatest respect for the institutions of our country.

"We are fully committed to Canada. I would not have accepted this position otherwise."

Source

Yes an ideal person to represent Canada with.

I also heard that she has dual citizen ship with france, and that by law, she cant even hold this position in Canada. I could be wrong on that, but if not, what a blooper.

Look forward to her taking million dollar trips around the world too.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I just don't see whats wrong with her being governer general. She doesn't look too bad for the job.

All she has to do is represent Canada and her looks can only help her.

LOL I type in adrian clarkson and get one pic in google images. I type in Michaëlle Jean and get a 2 pages almost of images.

join