It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza: Israel Pulls Out, al-Qaeda Moves In

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
How much do you guys know about the Gaza pullout? Know the facts? really?

Lets put it to the test. Take the GAZA QUIZ:

www.honestreporting.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ask your average tax paying secualr Israeli what they think about the settlers and all this fuss... it won't be all tea and sympathy...

I have to say that people forget that the Gaza strip is exatly that... a small strip of land, when compared to the West Bank. So to all those who think that Israel are 'giving them [the Palastinians] what they want only to be bombed' are forgetting that Gaza is a small, but significant fraction of the land that the international community would like to recognise as Palestinian sovereign land. I think that this is all good progress towards peace, but we have to remember that it is not the be-all-n-end-all...

If we worry about Hamas in Gaza, maybe it would be an idea to start supporting the secular Palestinian authorities.. or do we only train the fledgling police forces of countries we ourselves bomb??? And Hamas can call this a victory, but they could do that with anything relating to the peace process... if it is in Palestinian favour. Doesnt mean that we should view it that way... just in the same way that Al-Qaida can claim propaganda 'responisbility' for acts by radical Wuhabbist groups around the world, irrespective of their involvement or conflicting general aims...

Also to the person who called them 'so called Palestinians'... get a life! Do you term would you prefer?????

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
OK Skippy, what was your score on the "Gaza Quiz"? And I mean after you took it once.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This is no bragging at all, but i got every question right the first time on that quiz. It was aload of crap! Just knowing some historic events and using some logic anyone can get every question right the first time.
To me the quiz though was only asking the "good" questions about the gaza strip....propaganda indeed.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
One thing to say on this one...

Al-Qaeda and the Palestinians have nothing to do with each other... Hamas (the palestinian 'terror' group) is only after Israel... Al-Qaeda (if it exsisrs to the extent that the media and the governments want usto believe to keep us cowering under our bedsheets) is after the west... as well as Israel... Big difference my friend.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This just in..

Mortar attack on USN vessel docked at Red sea Jordaniani port of Aqaba, AND rocket attack (fired from Jordan) at Israeli port of Eilat..
Both very close to each other..

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This Gaza pullout is such a publicity stunt for Israelis. It's not like they are poor refugees from Bosnia or Kosovo or some African or Middle Eastern country. They are being very well compensated from Israeli State and US taxpayers. But instead of gallant retreat they are acting like they are being sent to gas chambers.

But there is a concern about terrorist groups stationed in Gaza. Paliestinians have to focus now on rebuilding Gaza. Their main excuse were Israelis but this excuse is now gone. Terorism grows in places where there is poverty and dispair. Now is the chance for Palestinians to prove they are not bombing savages we believe they are. Don't give in to cheap nationalism, patriotism and extremistic religious beliefs and work for a better tomorrow.

The future is now.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
They had no business in Gaza in the first place, now they are pitching a fit because they have to give the land back to the rightful owners... What a joke. And yes we as Americans are paying to compensate them to withdraw from Gaza, in the millions. Hey Skippy I subscribe to alot of Jewish Newsletters and the like, and I saw that test on Aish... Get real dude, pure unadulterated propoganda my friend. And really Gaza is a hole, if Israel wants to make strides, give them the West Bank back rather than building a wall across pallestinian owned lands there.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Why?

All these posts and I haven't seen anyone address this basic question. Why? Why did Israel give back this land? I've read one reason and hopefully my post will spurn on other repsonses.

President Bush's theory on giving the Palestinians a country of there own is to create a Palestinian democracy, similar to what's happening in Iraq. He feels as I'm sure others do that, a democratic country will be more peaceful than a country that is based solely on theocracy as many countries in that region are.

A Palastinian democracy is one reason I've heard for Israel's release of the Gaza Strip. So now, what do I think?

It's tough to call. Could this move wet the appetite of the Palestinians to continue to try and grab more land? There's no shortage of Islamic websites screaming for all of their land to be returned to them including Jerusalem. Will another democracy truly pasify them? I guess that remains to be seen.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Why?

So that they can put every Palestinian in Gaza Strip and make West Bank 100% Isreali Palestinain Free Territory!

Pretty Simple...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR
Why?

All these posts and I haven't seen anyone address this basic question. Why? Why did Israel give back this land? I've read one reason and hopefully my post will spurn on other repsonses.

President Bush's theory on giving the Palestinians a country of there own is to create a Palestinian democracy, similar to what's happening in Iraq. He feels as I'm sure others do that, a democratic country will be more peaceful than a country that is based solely on theocracy as many countries in that region are.

A Palastinian democracy is one reason I've heard for Israel's release of the Gaza Strip. So now, what do I think?

It's tough to call. Could this move wet the appetite of the Palestinians to continue to try and grab more land? There's no shortage of Islamic websites screaming for all of their land to be returned to them including Jerusalem. Will another democracy truly pasify them? I guess that remains to be seen.

What do you think?

The answer as to why they are returning Gaza is this: to preserve the jewish demographic of Israel as a nation. Some 1+ million arabs live in Gaza, and otherwise they would have posed a massive problem if Israel had to deal with them as potential Israeli citizens.

The troops were enforcing Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon's "disengagement plan," which he proposed two years ago to ease Israel's security burden and help preserve Israel's Jewish character by placing Gaza's 1.3 million Palestinians outside the country's boundaries. Israel has occupied Gaza for 38 years.

Source: AP News

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshGator54
All this does is teach the islamic terrorists that if you attack long enough and hard enough eventually you will get what you want.

Exactly. And Hamas has already vowed to continue terrorism until
all the Jews are gone.

I'm sure Hamas and all the other murderous terrorists are watching
TV, laughing, and having a grand ol' time watching as the Israelies
do the job of the terrorists for them.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Terorism grows in places where there is poverty and dispair.

Quote making the rounds -

"In the days after 9/11, we heard innumerable reprises of the lazy leftist
trope 'poverty breeds terrorism.' But the Arab world is wealthy. It suffers,
as David Pryce-Jones has said, from intellectual poverty." --Mark Steyn

Saudi Arabia has all that oil money ... and it claims to want to take
care of the Palestinians. Well ...... let them support the Palestinians
for a while. Let them make sure that the donation money actually
reaches the Palestinians in the form of food, medicine, and education
instead of allowing it to be mis-spent on weapons and terrorism.
Heck ... someone should go after Arafat's bank Swiss bank accounts
that have hundreds of millions of dollars that were donated to the
Palestinians but that 'somehow' he made off with.

There is PLENTY of money in the Arab countries to take care of themselves.
They are misspending it and leaders are stealing it.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The Gaza pullout is a test people, cant you see that? Its plain as day.

What do I mean? Its simple: If the Palestinians continue to attack the Israeli's after the handover, the Israeli's will see that as the ultimate threat and will come down on the Palistinians like we have never seen.

This pullout is the Palestinians last chance. If they blow it the Israeli's will destroy them. I just hope the leaders of Hamas and the PLO are representing their people properly when they plan and impliment these attacks on Israel, because its the people that will suffer the most.

You guys just wait, tis is the last "peace offer" the Palestinians will ever get.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
If the Palestinians continue to attack the Israeli's after the handoverget.

Theres no need when Israelis are throwing acid at each other

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

We've all seen 3 days of non stop coverage of weeping, mourning and crying jews.

the Gaza strip housed 8000 kolonist and 1.2 Million Palestinians lived there in "refugee camps" in the most dreadfull circumstances.... when did we ever see them weep on TV ?

Never !

Double standards... this worlds' biggest disease.

I have seen Palastinians weeping on CNN, ABC News, CBS News, almost nightly for the last 10 years plus. If anything the double standard is requiring Israel to give up land won in a battle of defense against Arab aggression.

Their is no reason why Palestinians couldn't prosper in the areas they live. They are surrounded by Arab nations that would love to bring them into the economic fold.

If they weren't sending brainwashed children into cafes with TNT stapped to their chest they would have a much better chance.

As I said before it is simple to understand. Islamic terrorists attack civilians for several years with the goal of gaining land. Land is given by Israelis to Islamic terrorists. Terrorists want more land. What do you think will happen next??

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I liked these points. Non rhetorical and informative.

Originally posted by KojiK
The answer as to why they are returning Gaza is this: to preserve the jewish demographic of Israel as a nation. Some 1+ million arabs live in Gaza, and otherwise they would have posed a massive problem if Israel had to deal with them as potential Israeli citizens.

Originally posted by skippytjc
The Gaza pullout is a test people, cant you see that? Its plain as day.
You guys just wait, tis is the last "peace offer" the Palestinians will ever get.

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR

Originall posted by Qoelet
Ask your average tax paying secualr Israeli what they think about the settlers and all this fuss... it won't be all tea and sympathy...
I have to say that people forget that the Gaza strip is exatly that... a small strip of land, when compared to the West Bank.
----
just in the same way that Al-Qaida can claim propaganda 'responisbility' for acts by radical Wuhabbist groups around the world, irrespective of their involvement or conflicting general aims...

yes its to lure the radicals in and shift world opinion. if the radicals do attack (and claim responsibility) it will only fuel attacks against them and undermine their position. It could be just the excuse needed for that new base that was built.

[edit on 2005-8-20 by NuTroll]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join