It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN and Antimatter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just started reading Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" (same author as the DaVinci Code), and it talks about CERN and antimatter.

Does anyone have any favorite links on these two subjects? I did a search and found some things on Google, but you guys seem to know your stuff.

Thanks.

I thought the use of magnetic containment for antimatter was kind of a given, but I suppose that isn't something most readers would know perhaps?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I used to work at CERN about 7 years ago investigating semiconductor detectors.

The CERN website has a lot of info on it but is very difficult to find. And the public pages are slightly puerile and you won't really learn much! I get most of my info from Physics World which is the Institute of Physics monthly in the UK. It is usually very good at reporting the groundbreaking stuff.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Do you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to help.

I'd like to remind everyone that Dan Brown is fiction. He may say some true stuff, but it's fiction nonetheless.

Actually, a search on ATS should net you tons of info about antimatter.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Dan Brown's CERN, is actually a Languedoc/ Languedge Doctor word relating to the Irish Kern, a word that has a four square meaning, and frequently refered to as the Pinnacle of Chivelry, hense, "Are you on the square?", and frequently used as a greeting in Freemasonry. And we already know what they are like for telling porkies!

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I haven't read this particular book by him, but I did read The DaVinci Code, and it seems he got a lot of facts wrong in that particular book. One of his most important proofs is the Leonardo DaVinci painting titled "The Last Supper". The claim is that the man sitting next to Jesus is actually a woman, because this "man" doesn't have a moustache or beard like all the other men. Well,...in fact, Apostle John has been portrayed as a young boy (without moustache or beard) in several paintings by a few artists before/and/or after DaVinci. In all these paintings, John looks a little feminine (because he is the youngest disciple), but is clearly a man. Aside from that, Dan Brown's book was inspired by a book called "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", and though the book certainly is fascinating, it has long been discredited, as the man who served as the inspiration and provider of secret information confessed to making it all up before he died. It was an elaborate hoax on his part, but a hoax nonetheless. I have to admitt, I did get sucked into that whole fad,
, but luckily I didn't stop at Dan Brown's novel, but did a little bit of my own research.

I know my post is way off the subject,... I just wanted to let you know that whatever you read in Dan Brown's books, make sure to research it thoroughly.
Looking up the links provided above is definitely a good decision.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Dan Brown play's the same game as a lot of Holly Grail author's play, the Languedoc/ Languedge Doctor game, of the De Medici family. The De Madici's were famous for their intelligent understaning of the right hemisphere 'Bosse' system and the solar plexus nerve root's, as depicted in the ancient Egyptian Cadaseus, with the twin serpent's representing the solar plesus as the letter 'Y' on a rod, indicating the spine. The De Medici's were exceptionally knowledgable of this very ancient system of medicine, and researched the depth's of the psychological mind in their own interpretation of the Spanish Inquisition.

The reason why John, the apostle in Da Vinci's The Last Supper, was noted to be quite affeminately featured for a youth, is because he was actually a female. This is the code's used for the muscle's of each eye, representing two individual languedge's between the conscious and the subconscious memeory's. One eye's languedge is '6 of 1', the other is 'half a dozen', and between them is Christ representing the 13th apostle. The maid stretched out holding the dagger at one of the elder apostle's, represent's a particular nerve, and refered to by 16th C, Renaisonse poet's, as 'a Shakespeare's Strain', or the creative spark of Eurecka, and what goes on behind the eye's of a women!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The thing you want to remember about antiparticles is…you don’t want to meet that one person in a Billion star systems made of antimatter. If you do, you don’t want him/her to touch you. If he/she does…goodbye California.
Antiparticles are theoretically available for every particle in the universe (according to the math that smart people can do). What appears to be the case is that in about every 500 milliom (or more) protons you get one antiproton. They probably have a name but I'm no Physicist. Good luck with your search but don't look too hard. lol
skep

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That's not so! Antimatter exist's, but not in the same spectrum frequency field's that you use to see this world's age in every day. Even Einstein's theory of meeting yourself 'face to face' in time is not a new concept, as Jacob did the same thing in Genesis 32; and come "face to face" with God in his own image. So really, the research on the real religion of God, should be in the realm's of the Doppelganger phenomenon, and the alternate visual spectrum field's. The spectrum word in the Bible text's is 'Zibeon' meaning, "versicolour", Genesis 36:3, the US Philidelphia Project have bee looking for the same code's for year's, yet eveyone has them locked up in their memory's, just like a Pandora's box!

new topics

top topics

join