It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Cypriot Airliner Crashes in Greece.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There are conflicting reports going about, I have seen it reported that the fighter pilots reported no signs of life on thre flightdeck. It may be a while before we know the real truth but the autopsy reports contradict earlier reports that everyone on board was dead before the crash. I thought you were referring to that.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What I find rather suspicious is the fact that for the first time I can remember the CVR came apart, and the recorder is missing. They found the case, but the recorder was ejected from it, and they hadn't found it as of the last report I heard.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just some extra info about the plane crash:

1. The 32-year old guy who said that he received an SMS from his cousin has already been arrested by the police, since he admitted that he was lying(!) and that he did it just for publicity reasons. (BTW, probably there's no way that you can send an SMS from 10 or 20k feet...)

2. Since the flight from Larnaca to Athens is about 1:45, the closest airport for emergency landing reasons is in Thessaloniki (about 40 minutes flight from Athens) and there's also some fuel for backup (for about 30 extra minutes of flight), this means that they got approx. 3 hours of flying. The plane took off at about 09:00 and crashed at 12:05, so I think that it's pretty obvious that the cause of crashing on the mountain was the lack of fuel.

GeDi

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
UK Wizard is on vacation in that area at the present moment I believe.....

I hope he's okay.....

Thanks for the concern

Got back last night, not really what I wanted to see on the front cover of the newspaper a couple of days before I flew home...and the fact my last meal the night before I went home was eaten at table 13 didn't exactly help...but I'm not given to believing in supersition.

My thoughts are with those who died and with those who lost family and friends.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by UK Wizard]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join