It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Largest Political Conspiracy in the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There's a big difference between political profiling and ethnic/racial profiling.

The one, as stated, helps political parties tailor their platforms and target specific voting blocks, increasing their chances of getting elected.

The other helps the ruling elite keep the rank and file pitted against each other, and themselves in power.

I doubt there is any racism at the Bohemian Club.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Whats good for the economy does not equate something to being wholly and purely good, for that is ones own perception. And whats good for the economy in one part of the country might be completely different than another. I'm from the mid-west, and in a town that is small and known for having a big mexican population. From my point of view, they seem to be a very proud hard working people. To which I also see alot of caucasians on welfare or unemployment. Also, I'm a bit weary of kicking out people who seem to be more indigenous than I am. Anyways, I'm thinking the problem is more regional, besides that it's not my intention to say Illegal Imigration is a 'good thing'. You can blame Fox for Mexico, but not for America's problems. The adverse effects of American policies are there because of the people who enacted them. To which you see such a big effect, it continues to create doubt that such policies are taken merely for election purposes. Again, I have my opinions immigration, but I'm not here to flaunt or persuade anyone to adopt them. Only adding two cents on a statement that seemed to me illogical.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In the grand scheme of things, humans are still under the influence of tribalism. Politicos know this and use it to their advantage. I don't know if this is an overt conspiracy or not but most politicians have read Michiavelli and Malthus. Manipulation of people is their stock in trade.

If you can get elected you will have access to tax money to use for your adgendas and vote yourself a nice healthy salary and retirement plan.

The divide and conquer theory may be applicable in some cases, but I see it manly as pure and simple GREED. This may be a gross oversimplification.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
JIMC5499, I wrote an Op/Ed on a similar topic a few weeks ago. You might find it interesting

OP/ED: Partisanship: Refuge Of The Scoundrel

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I wrote to one of my senator's about the "real id act" asking him what his stance was on it, he wrote me back about the wrong issue and thought I was someone else...The issue?
Prescription drugs!

I wrote back and told him I wouldn't be voting for him
idiot can't even respond to an email right... oh the incompetentcy of the senate.. They're too busy with getting their palms greased then to actually do the work of what they were elected to do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join