It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopping The Use Of Mobile Phones To Set Of Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Why cant all the worlds mobile phone networks get together and send random signals to every phone connection like a tex or missed call every 2 hours or so.

I’m sure the bomb makers making these bombs would think twice about connecting the primer. ‘E g. The phone to set the bomb off.

It might be a inconvenience to hear our phones ring once every two hours or so but its worth trying.

Only has to ring once to stop them in their path.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think they already do send random signals. I know with my Cingular Wireless phone, it emits a hum through my PC speakers and TV speakers. This is when the cell is on, closed, and not in use. Which leads me to a question. Can the NSA use this signal for surveillance (listening bug) or even a WiFi type of surveillance device to see what you are doing on the PC, listening to on the radio, or watching on the TV?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The network and phone simply check with each other regularly to make sure they are still in range and getting the best signal possible from the available cells.
They can locate you but it's not very accurate, within a km or so, you can do it to by subscribing to services like findamobile.com

And no, they cannot really use it as a bug, that noise you hear sometimes breaking through would become a continuous stream whcih you would notice, try making a call and seeing what I mean.

If it's not doing it then it's not transmitting.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yeah,,,I have noticed when a call is coming in the hum is more continuous. Thanks for the info agent smith.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have heard that some gizmo technology can listen to you after a call.

Once you answer your phone then press to disconnect the call it leaves you speaker system open on the network so they can listen to back ground conversations.
Apparently you can buy this equipment over the counter at a local spy shop for couple of hundred pounds.
cool

I suppose the only way to make sure your not being listened too is switching it of and take the battery out. Or put it in a lead container hehehe

top topics

join