It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new Club....would like input!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hello All,

ok...myself and associates have purchased a large bar/club in Portugals Algarve Region....The Town of Lagos to be exact.

Next week we commence work on turning this into the 'Adventurers Club of Portugal', it is also to be our base of operations for our project 'Island Expeditions' www.corlettmaritima.com

We already have some brilliant ideas that weve pooled together on but i was wondering if some of you would like to offer some input?

Basically (so far) we have the following ideas:-

the club is to be a meeting place for the following local groups

Flying,
Travelling,
Mountaneering,
Sailing,
Kite Surfing,
Off road Trecking,
Surfing,
Diving,
Mountain biking,
etc

were asking for people to join the society and bring their personal experiences and achievements to the table, so that others may have the oppurtunity to participate.

There will be a bar and 'Tappas' (were avoiding the whole 'restaurant' thing, although we do have a huge kitchen at our disposal?)

Fine Brandys, champagnes and whiskys from around the world will be availble along with beers and wines from around the world.

There will be some discreet computers for internet access and the walls are to be adorned with memrobila from around the world.

what would you like to see in an Adventurers club?

heres a little taster of the vibe were working to accomplish...

TextSo you feel a little strange at cocktail parties. Your friends jabber on about mutual funds, car leases and football games. You, on the other hand, want to discuss the pros and cons of female circumcision, the relative merits of Chinese- vs. Bulgarian-made AK-47s, the quality of polo played at Chitral vs. Gilgit, or even the archaeological merits of Nemrut Dagi. Your friends think you are talking about a new rock group and then slowly fade to the opposite corner. Seems like you need to find the right social circle. Well, take heart. There are actually clubs for adventurers. Obviously, these groups have their share of toupee-wearing, bring-'em-back-alive liars, but you can probably find someone who can engage you in a spirited discussion about which side of the Rift Valley their ancestors came from in Swahili

its taken from an adventure website....

any input will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sounds really good, I love Portugal and it is a beautfull place, Your ideas are great and sound fun,

possible other ideas,

Horse riding, maybe trecking on horse's
Rock Climbing
Windsurfing
Archery
Zip Lineing
Kayaking

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
yeah,thanks Asala....some of the suggestions you gave are good.....what i was actually thinking more off though was ideas for the style of the menu's and the fixtures and fittings.....kind of like the asthetic things..if you know what i mean?

Kayaking and rock climbing are two great suggestions,

many thanks for the input!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The menu? With Tappas type stuff in that environment I'd certainly do every exotic 'aphrodeshiac' type appetizer I could find from oysters to ground rhino horn and monkey balls to appeal to the "adventurer's club" euro-trash swingers and sugar-baby wannabes you're almost certain to attract.

I understand it's the "Adventurer's Club of Portugal" and you have an upscale sports theme going, but let's be honest: the money's in the swimsuit issue.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

TextThe menu? With Tappas type stuff in that environment I'd certainly do every exotic 'aphrodeshiac' type appetizer I could find from oysters to ground rhino horn and monkey balls to appeal to the "adventurer's club" euro-trash swingers and sugar-baby wannabes you're almost certain to attract.

absolutley great idea rant...thanks....it fits perfectley.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
There will be a bar and 'Tappas' (were avoiding the whole 'restaurant' thing, although we do have a huge kitchen at our disposal?)

After a day of chosen activities why not a themed night, chinese, indian, greek, italian, german, ENGLISH, american. Drinks and array foods from that country.

So if its England, traditional English Beer and Cider with some tradtional dish like curry...

So you'll all standing around chatting, drinking and nibbling on some strange dish from some country Britain used to rule over.

Not sure whether that's the sort of suggestion your after or not. Hope things go well

new topics

top topics

join