It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning the Lottery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am glad I don't live in a state with a lottery, sometimes. I can get way to caught up in the what if game. I mean I will have my brother's new house picked out for him, my nieces and nephews a college trust fund and I'll have hand-picked a fallout shelter and a couple of biohazard suits. Man is it fun. Definitely helps when I am writing out those bills.

Thanks FibroKat, but as for being young , I am in my twenties. But that is young enough to live out an annuity plan.

Bhadhidar, where do I find one of those nifty trucks?

tiddly54, may I just mention that you stink.
No taxes!
you stinkin' Aussie.
Just kiddin.

robertfenix, If I ever do win I am most definitely gona be u2uing you with some questions. Actually, I have one right now. Where should I go to find out how to set up a trust fund, bogus or not?

Gazrok, I am happy to see that your interests wouldn't change

Now here is a question, do you think that there is any way to help the world out of any of her crises with money? Be it global warming, peak oil, wars, or the NWO? Or anything of the sort?
I would be interested to here others perspectives on what money could or could not do in these sort of situations?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
I am glad I don't live in a state with a lottery, sometimes...

Like the old saying : The lottery is a tax on people that are bad at math.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell Now here is a question, do you think that there is any way to help the world out of any of her crises with money? Be it global warming, peak oil, wars, or the NWO? Or anything of the sort?
I would be interested to here others perspectives on what money could or could not do in these sort of situations?

A thought just popped in my head when I read your question....I would like to find something else besides trees to use in making our items we now use in the paper products category....save our trees! That's one answer...let me keep playing the "what if" game on this...luv it.....(which is actually the same way that most of our important inventions, etc. have come about....that, and "need".........
)

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Amongst other things...

I would create a corporation which produced products not with the intention of turning a profit, but with the intention of providing things that we really *should* be able to buy. For instance, light bulbs that don't burn out. We have the technology, but companies make more money selling bulbs that burn out.

From there I would probably try to build and sell any number of items that I've read about over the years, rife generators, any of those massively fuel efficient engine components you often read about, hydrogen power cells, etc. Technologies which may exist but have not been able to "make it" because of the billions of dollars proividing intertia to lesser technologies...or that maybe simply don't work. Could be. But, I think if you were willing to throw a million dollars a year at this sort of thing, you'd probably be able to come up with at least a few that did work.

Again..."amongst other things..."

EDIT:
Oh...and definitely kump sum. If any of the above actually turned out to work, then a lot of the investments made with the money via the annuity route would probably wither and die.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by LordBucket]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join