It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Hot Coffee get GTA banned...now they're going after The Sims 2!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ugh. They want another game banned, one that has no objectional content. That game is The Sims 2.

www.gamespot.com...

Thompson doesn't seem to care. He cites a cheat code that can remove the blur that covers the nether regions. "The nudity placed there by the publisher/maker, Electronic Arts, is accessed by the use of a simple code that removes what is called 'the blur' which obscures the genital areas. In other words, the game was released to the public by the manufacturer knowing that the full frontal nudity was resident on the game and would be accessed by use of a simple code widely provided on the Internet."

It's not just the adults that are liberated from their wardrobes. Sims kids can also be nudified, "much to the delight, one can be sure, of pedophiles around the globe who can rehearse, in virtual reality, for their abuse."

The cheat code is intprop censorgridsize 0. When this code is entered, the block that normally covers them while they take a shower, etc. disappears. Here's the important part: when it is gone, all you can see are "Barbie and Ken"-like areas. This is getting out of hand. Soon, they'll start bashing Sonic (you know, the hedgehog) for not wearing pants!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Don't you live in a functioning democracy? If so, vote, make a noise, lobby someone. If not...take to the hills, get the French to help you out, rebel!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cilandak
Don't you live in a functioning democracy? If so, vote, make a noise, lobby someone. If not...take to the hills, get the French to help you out, rebel!

Erm...what? Isn't posting this in an online forum that gets thousands of visitors a day "making a noise?"

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Oh my.......

Seriously, have these people even tried this code?

Ive seen more nudity on muppets. Lame.

These people need to get a life, seriously. Why must they go around finding content in games.

And why all the complaining now, the game has been out for ages.

Here is a list of crap the guy thats forcing this has done.

en.wikipedia.org...(attorney)

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
they should also ban dolls because they can have there clothes taken of to expose there nudity. I mean these toys are made for children, it makes me sick to think that some small child is now staring at kens willy or gawking at barbies boobies. Sickening. . .

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I always find stuff like this incrediably stupid and infuriating. If they think kids shouldn't have it, why don't they go after the parents for giving it to their kids! If people make cds, movies, and video games that they don't like, just restric the sale to those over 17 or 18 and then children won't have access to them except by those over 17 or 18 buying it for them!

These people make me sick!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You parents always have to blame someone for there mistake. It very hard for any human being to accepte there mistake and try to fix it instead blame the television and video games for those stuff.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
How come all of the games that I own are getting banned now? First GTA:SA and now The Sims 2?

Cheat codes are not meant for the purpose of the end user, only for the debuging process and for the game testers. They may need to be able to turn off the censorship for the debug process to diagnose problems. It is not that easy to remove hardwired code from the game, that was the case for GTA:SA.

Personaly I think that this is a stupid thing to go after. Dosn't Hillary Clinton have anything better to do then look like she cares about children?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
GTA is rated M for Mature - 17+ for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs. It says right on the case, this covers the whole Hot Coffee fiasco even if it wasn't supposed to see the light of day.

The Sims2 is just another game that they're trying to hang. It's all BS, people who have Sims2 who dl the patch clearly have no problem with it, and those who don't dl the patch dont have anything to complain about. These people who are out to crucify video games are completely out of line. There are books, comics, tv shows, movies etc etc that portray all these mature/violent themes that are not banned, are they going to go after those next?!

The Sims2 has been out for almost a year and they decide to go after it now, they need to realize that all these games they find so outrageous are simply reflecting the world we live in, why dont they start fixing that instead of complaining about video games.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
oh god, how is a video game responsible for anything?

Someone always needs a platform from which they can rally followers.

when its a pc game they can pretty much mod anything into it if one desires it.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
when its a pc game they can pretty much mod anything into it if one desires it.

Excatly! I've played Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and its expansions and while online looking for mods to play after I beat it I seen several mods that allowed for nudity in it, why don't they go after it also! It is ridiculose as I stated before.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I agree with you all.

And Ken didn't have a willy when I was young...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
They are definitly going after the wrong people if their complaint is with explicit nudity in Sims2. What probablly happened is that they never bothered to play it. They went surfing instead to find out what is in it. Then they came across a hacker's site that offered explicit nudity for the Sims 2. Then they more than likely assumed that is how the original Sims 2 game was set up to be.

I have Sims 2, and yes it is barbie look under the blur. I have ran across one site that offers explicit nude bodies for the sims and sims2. One site actually hacked sims 1 so the sims would perform sexual acts between adults only. If they want to aim their anger and concern at someone, it should be at the hackers who are offering this, and not EA Games.

Hacker sites are not authorized by EA Games. and is download at your own risk.

These people are really on a witch hunt here.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Here is the real deal of the case.

Its looks like Hilart Cliton is trying to get more famous for her future camping of the next election.Those stuff being around even before Hilary got born so you cant stop it . Its like the case that happened in the end of 80s in the music industry instread they got stronger than ever.

explict what?!? explict who? some veiw thing a lot more volient that this so stop send you soldiers to war!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
these are 2 of the best selling games in the world right now, why do you think they are going after them and not others?

ka ching!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
what... oh come on... What's wrong with Sims, nothing...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShreddedIce
The cheat code is intprop censorgridsize 0. When this code is entered, the block that normally covers them while they take a shower, etc. disappears. Here's the important part: when it is gone, all you can see are "Barbie and Ken"-like areas. This is getting out of hand. Soon, they'll start bashing Sonic (you know, the hedgehog) for not wearing pants!

So, are they going to start banning Barbie and Ken dolls cause you can see the same thing???

Makes almost stupidly logical sense to me.

Ohh and for all the people who blame things in games and on TV for # that happens like a kid shoots up a school or rapes someone..

Go watch this show..

Futurama - Season 5 Episode 15 - Bender Should not be Allowed on tv

originally by Bender
Vieowers of the World, Do drinking and smoking on TV really make me cool... Of course they do.
And commiting crimes and violance, again the answer is yesl.
But do we really want our kids to be exsposed to that kinda trash on TV.
I say absolutely not.

On the other hand, perhaps most all the blame rests mostly on the parents.
Thats right you!!!
So I ask you 1 question??
Have you ever tried simply turning off the TV, sitting down with your choldren and hitting them??

Moral of the story is, just cause your stupid enough to shoot a school up and blame Manson, or going on a highway with a shotgun and blaming GTA. Dont exuse your actions to know the diffrence between reality and fantasy.

[edit on 8/4/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Jack Thompson claims that under the blurs there is clearly "inapproprate" parts. I tried the cheat code for myself and there was nothing there, it had the barbie and ken appearance, no genitals what so ever. This guy is crummy attorney anyways, he wont win.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Hacker sites are not authorized by EA Games. and is download at your own risk.

That's a load of crap considering they actually shipped the development tools(minus the source code) with the actually game. And for your information they are not Cracking the game they are modding it.

thesims2.ea.com...

Take this link for instance. On it they have links to actual sites where you can download user made "Hacks" as you put it. EA Fully intended this game to be modded by the end user, it adds value to the product as it's content they paid absolutely nothing to get produced. Of course the user has to actively search it out on the net most of the time but sometimes these modders land a job as a level designer or a graphic artist. Epic's Unlreal Tournament 2004 current retail edition includes Red Orchestra a Total Conversion made by fans of the series.

DO NOT DEMONIZE THE MODDERS! They are the best thing to happen to this industry.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Have you parents ever tried just sitting down with your children, turning off the TV, and hitting them

<<   2  3 >>

join