It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the proof? Underground facilities

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've been researching underground military installations in my area for quite some time. I'm not buying that these underground bases are interconnected by vast tunnels and train systems, but I am convinced they do exist.

I got started in the mid-1980's when I read about a housing project that started developing a back hillside overlooking the Bay Area. They struck a concrete foundation and discovered an old Top Secret Military Base from the 1950's that had been long abandoned and forgotten about. Even the DoD had no record of it's existence when they were approached about it.

Eventually, it was determined that during the McCarthy era, there was such a scare that Communists had infiltrated the US Congress and DoD that these bases were constructed under "Need to Know" basis. After the discovery of the one in the Bay Area, the DoD determined that there were 54 of these Underground Military Installations that were originally constructed without knowledge of Congress or most of the DoD for that matter (or at least the paperwork had been lost in the 35 years since their construction). I guess they were active until the Kennedy Administration when Military funding was cut too severely for these programs to continue so they left the Underground Bases intact, expecting to come back when the next Administration increased funding.

Since then, they were forgotten about and have sat abandoned...or so the story goes.

The location the DoD published for the one near me was found to be erroneous and incorrect (they listed a Mountain that is considered an Active Volcanic Cone by the USGS), but I've been able to isolate it's location through various other records. There was a Mountain just 50 miles away that had the most extensive Copper Mines on the West Coast, but the Copper was exhausted during World War II. In the early 1950's a Defense Contractor was given exclusive rights to the Copper Mines, although their financial records show no income from Mining Operations, they did have a significant amount of income from the Government. They supposedly mined that mountain for 6 years, after which, the company stopped operations, and ceased to exist. Although, I can pinpoint the Mountain, with over 140 miles of 70 year old tunnels to explore, I haven't been able to locate an Underground Military Facility in there.

Despite their high cost of construction, the DoD has shown time and time again that these are not facilities that they need or want anymore. The selling off of old 1950-1970 era Nuclear Missile facilities for pennies on the dollar to private firms and real-estate investors is beyond commonplace anymore. It doesn't cost much to buy an Underground Titan Missile Facility from the government.

However, I'm sure there are some that still may be in use for Black Ops Projects. I'm also certain that some may be in use by private parties, unbeknown to government officials. I know I'm not the only one who has isolated the location of the Underground Facility near me. I've been told personally that the local FBI Branch Office believes there to be several Survivalist groups in the area who have been searching for it's precise location as well (and have come to the same conclusion that the name of the mountain on the published registry was incorrect and used an outdated US Forest Service name instead of the USGS name).

There is another not very distant from me at all, that is considered a "Primary Hub" of the Underground Theory. There also happens to be a *HUGE* amount of reported UFO Activity from that area (3rd largest number of reports in the US). However, that mountain has been combed from head to toe by thousands of people every year. I find it difficult to believe that an active Underground Facility could exist there without anyone discovering it...although I'm entirely willing to buy that an abandoned one exists there and the entrance was physically covered up when it was abandoned.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hi!

Gentlemen, please make your minds up.

1) There are huge underground tunnels (that move people, (provisons,water, waste.....) all over the US?
2) There are roads/trains/planes procvisioning these 'bases'?

Which?

Dulce is crap - do a search on Google for Dulce and where does it take you? Excactly! And there there probably tunnels there and for a good reason...

I agree there are underground components of military bases and emergency underground bunkers for the the protection of those who start wars in the first place (ironic perhaps?) - but a huge underground network? Forget it.

Sometimes I think many of us falsely believe the Hollywood dream? America can do anything. Apart from stopping 911?

Peace!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by The Wave]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
www.bibliotecapleyades.net... tica/esp_sociopol_underground01b.htm#Nuclear%20Subterrenes

This is not proof but it is interesting as a nuclear boring machine that another poster talked about. Los Alamos and the AEC had patents on this machine.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think that was a bad link. Anyway it's called " Subterrenes " and a PHD was talking about it and how it would be more cost effective than conventional boring machines. Plus it has no waste residue and provides a glass like, air tight tunnel.

I thought it was cool.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by dcmb1490]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Heheh, your link=fail, but does contain some more in-depth information for the reader.
Here's the correct LINK.

I'm pretty sure this is the same patent you can find at the wiki page.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I know for sure that underground facilities exist. Reason for that is that i have seen with my own eyes.

*edit* ps. I dont live in US.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by no_proxies]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by no_proxies

There is no question underground facilities exist. The question is where, and if they are active. Cheyenne Mountain is a known active facility, but many think there is one at Dulce. The looking for evidence such as vents, support roads and other means to prove their existence is the difficult part.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I actually believe there is a possibility that underground bases, such as Dulce, exist. No proof so far, but they are supposed to be secret. There is no point in building secret underground facility and then leaving shafts and vents for everyone to see.

But there's something different that keeps bothering me. WHY would they build underground bases, when Area 51 proves that you don't actually have to hide something to make it secret? Even though everyone know that it exists and are able to locate it on a map, no one knows what precisely is going on out there. Why bother with hiding the base in a mountain, when signs such as “Warning - restricted area” are enough to keep everyone away?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by caffeinecrash

Many underground facilities are built to house VIPs and the Shadow Government (which was proven to exist when W opened his mouth on the subject) in case of a war or national emergency. The areas are kept secret so no enemy tries to find a weakness to such a location. Vents and other types of support can be hidden in plain sight, and no one would notice or be the wiser.

While I have my doubts that a place such as Dulce exists, the government can build such a place. The logistics needed to run such a place if it is active would be rather difficult to keep hidden, and diligent researchers should be able to find some sort of means and ways necessary to keep such facilities running.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
there is no underground transportation system that would just be a roadmap to all the other underground facilities.

i would offer as your suggestion that the facilities have air handlers and are all linked to innocuous above ground structures for utilities. this is the common setup used and has been for around what 60 years now? their probably in your backyard and who cares they dont bother you their underground. leave those mole people alone their all sociopaths and anit social retards anyways.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am new to this site and the posting here is back to 2003. BUT, I personally know for a fact that there is a large, multi-level, underground research facility at Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio although that is officially denied. How do I know? Because I am a retired employee from the Offcie of Workers' Compensation Programs (USDOL), Cleveland, Ohio who handled a claim for benefits a number of years back from WPAFB, Ohio.
The claim involved a DOD employee working as a microbiologist in underground facilities (multiple sublevels) at WPAFB. He complained about oppressive security (armed guards at every bend in the corridors, in even unoccupied rooms, going with personnel to restrooms, etc.), claustaphobia from the windowless rooms, customized wall posters about keeping things secret (like one of the Statue of Liberty wearing a blindfold), plus much more, etc. The claim did not reveal what he was actually doing. His employer was requested to comment on the man's allegations and statement-refute, deny, agree, or clarify. Their only response (after multiple requests0 was that they would NOT make any comment of any kind. Hence, the claim was autiomatically accepted as true with all costs (lost wages, medical) a direct chargeback to DOD.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amichael

There are many other service people (and civilians) with stories about the underground facilities at Wright Patterson AFB. The government leads people to believe that the alien craft/bodies are relocated to Area 51. They have probably relocated to another known base. The truth is they hide it in plain sight.

Thank you for your experience as it does seem to possibly confirm the existence of such a site. It also means there is a paperwork trail on the case you worked on.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I have no doubt, you're right about the part, that they CAN build them and they probably do. One never knows when they might be useful. And hidding them from everyone, so the enemies wouldn't find them, makes a lot of sense too.
I was thinkg more in the context that there would be no reason to build alien-human base (if we assume that there are such things) in the mountain, when you could easily build it anywhere and secure it just like Area 51 (because, well, who knows what exactly is going on there?) and no one would ever find out. I mean, possible, but why bother? I guess what I'm doing is convincing myself that there is no such thing as Dulce Base.
Because I'm not so sure myself if I actually even believe that story, though I find it so strange that probable (after all, who knows?)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i've posted videos of active airshafts in the middle of no where. Your going to be blown away by my next set of videos within a month showing a indisputable airshaft in a mountain with NOTHING around it

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have put equipment in an underground testing facility. Some of the equipment had to have stack/exhaust for the removal of flammable gasses and dangerous particulate from the work area. One of the things that held up our small part of the project was how to conceal or minimize the 42" exhaust stack from view. It would have been coming up in a pretty flat area very close to a heavily traveled public road, so it would have been really noticeable. My 2 cents was to just put a small building up, like a cell tower building or something, but I was shot down pretty quick on that.

We ended up using a different style of exhaust that didn't require roof penetration (ground penetration in this case, lol). Sure was more expensive for them, but I wasn't complaining about that on my way to the bank. Not to mention the crazy cost of the charcoal cartridges they go through monthly (also purchased from us).

The weird thing is they didn't do anything there that was something I consider even remotely conspiratorial in nature, nor anything that would require such an elaborate setup. But they said they already had the space empty down there, and all of their other places would not fit the equipment without topside construction and more land for buildings.

As far as large underground bases I don't know, but I have seen one underground testing center that was so big I couldn't see the other side (it was also a tad dark as well, lol). I am not a woo woo by any means, and if you are familiar with my posting habits you will see I spend a good amount of time dumping on woos.....but on this it just is what it is.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join