It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al-Qaeda websites are wiped out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
God, I love the British. They have the Balls to go out and take down the internet sites that present a danger to the country.

I know you all are going to yell about freedom of speech and rights and all, but when a group is trying to kill you and wipe your country off the face of the earth, you have to take a stand!

I just wish the left in the US had the same noids as the Brits! We could win this war on terror!

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Finger points to British intelligence as al-Qaeda websites are wiped out

Over the past fortnight Israeli intelligence agents have noticed something distinctly odd happening on the internet.

One by one, Al-Qaeda’s affiliated websites have vanished until only a handful remain, write Uzi Mahnaimi and Alex Pell.

Someone has cut the line of communication between the spiritual leaders of international terrorism and their supporters.

Since 9/11 the websites have been the main links to disseminate propaganda and information.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think this is great news.
The battleground has so many fronts and dimensions

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This was a good move yet I am sure for everyone that closes another will open. Freedom of speech is on thing but groups promoting murder is another. On most area's of the internet there is some censorship (not all areas of course) depending on the website owner and their policies. Hopefully hosts will also begin to review the activity and content of their subscribers in time. Although this may be a dangerous endeavor with the potential for much debate it is important for those that host decent websites to be aware of terrorist type talk.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well I think it's unfair to single out the Political Left in this country when it's the duty of both sides to make these decisions, particularly when it's the Right that holds all the power.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I bet the Americans arent happy there form.. I mean Alqaedas form of commuinication has been cut.

I find it odd that its Israeli intellegence piping up first about this...

come to think of it.. sounds just about right.

Good on the brits,
This is a honest true country doing whats needed to be done to make sure its citizens are safe... not like the USA which is doing what i can to make sure money and power remain in the whitehouse...who cares about the citizens..

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What I have always wondered about said websites is why they cannot track information out of them.

Lets say X website has hostage video from an american being kidnapped.

And lets say that Y website contains information about a hacker.

We know that the government can and do catch hackers. Why do they not look into these websites.

I dont care if they are behind tons of proxies and you have to go through 20 terrorist IT guys, you are going to get to the source if you follow the chain.

Perhaps it is done, but I never hear much about it.

new topics

top topics

join