It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Board Entry Tab Usage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
When logging-in, I like to type my name and tab to password. The system doesn't seem to allow this. I must grab the mouse and click over the password area. Is this correct or am I missing something on the board entry?

Also 'preview post' and 'Post New Topic' button initiation takes forever. I feel like I'm back on dial-in 19.2 connection yet the PC runs as quickly as always at other websites. Are you having server problems with too many users in Queues waiting for access?

What is your access bandwidth?
What processors do you use on your quad or dual servers?
Maybe it is your database program causing the slowdown.
Or maybe the NSA is tapping the lines causing a delay. (HA)
So far I have met some really intelligent people on your board as well as some really strange ones.

Hey! I'm from Austin, TX Our moto is Keep Austin Wierd so I guess I fit right in.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
One other thing of interest. I noticed when going to BTS, I must log-into BTS as well and when Logging out I must log out of both. Is this normal procedure?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
this thread may be of interest,
www.belowtopsecret.com...
it announces that we have new servers on the way which will improve the performance of the site.
As for using tab to get to the password field in log in, I have no problems with it myself when I log in on the main index page, though I do find that if you log in via the official login page that you reach through the login button at the top of the screen ,that I do have to hit the tab button twice to arrive at the password field.
And yes it is the norm to log in and out of BTS and PTS seperately to ATS.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Pantha's got you covered. Also 2 words, Mozilla Firefox. I love this browser.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have my Linux and FireFox at work. I'll try that and see if it speeds up. I'm running close to 4 mbps bandwidth at work and only cable modem at home. That could be the difference amd Mozilla firefox may help as well. I appreciate the info.

top topics

join