It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex and video games, whats the big deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
you go to a movie and it gets hot and heavy, not to many people walkout of that movie. when that same type of thing ends up in a game its like a big thing, but if the the game hasMA rateing thats the same as a R rateing. so what r little kids doing with that game.

MUST BE BAD PARENTING

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
because these days parents allow consoles and pc games to raise their children

thats the only problem

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That's the way I've seen it; PS2/XBox are the new babysitters. A lot of parents are probably expecting the games to be of the same vein as Mario Bros or Sonic, the games they, their younger siblings, or their older children grew up with. They don't seem to realize that these games are marketed at adults and not at children.

Of course, one way or the other, IMO there isn't much to be said anyways about someone who'd sooner leave their kid sitting in front of a television playing games--regardless of the content--than spend time with the kid as a parent should, throwing a ball around, talking about what's going on in their life, whatever.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
With the video game rating system in place there should be no problem.

Adult games should be only purchased by adults just like movies that have sex in them.
Personally I think that violence in video games should be getting more attention than sex. But like I said, adult games for adults, not kids.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Odd that I find it infinitely more disturbing that we see such images of violence and aggression on TV than video games. Most of us save for those with various mental problems or just the generally stupid can discern the real world from the fiction of games, but the images on the news are hardly fiction, they show us exactly the kind of grusome and brutal world we live in.

The way I see it games reflect society in some respects, so the violence and sex in games is just a carry over from our real world. Which is more distubring, that we have sex and wanton violence in games, or that its mirroring what we live every day?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
because these days parents allow consoles and pc games to raise their children

thats the only problem

then they just need to turn off the PC's,handhelds, and the TV and give the kids a book.

top topics

join