It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant see background color or points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Today I cant see background colors or how many points anyone or even myself have. Anyone know how I can fix this?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
"low bandwith mode"

EDIT:

you can't fix it...

we must wait for SO to get the new server...

sorry...

[edit on 26-7-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
same problem...I didn't buy the "low bandwith mode"

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Oh I see... thank you for the quick reply!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Oh I see... thank you for the quick reply!

anytime friend...

i am faster than any mod here

BTW just u2u me with any other questions you might have...

[edit on 26-7-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It’s a conspiracy all members of ATS have been profiled, “Us” and “Them”, and it's the “Them” that are now stuck in perpetual low band width mode for ever mawha hahha

[edit on 26/7/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This question has been posted so many times it's not even funny. A new thread everyday. I can understand that your new so maybe we should sticky a thread that just pertains to low-bandwidth. I'm not talking about just you but new people in general cuz I think when I joined I asked this question too. So maybe someone should sticky a low-bandwidth thread especially in these times of lots of visitors.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I figured I'd add this on to a low-bandwidth thread instead of creating yet another one. For about the past hour, I've been having problems with a lot of the navigation images, topic icons, and smilies loading. Avatars load fine, and most--not necessarily all--of the images members post in their threads load fine too. Is this strictly a "normal" low-bandwidth issue, or is there something else going on? In the past week or so that we've been on low-bandwidth mode, this hasn't happened to me yet, and it never happened for any length of time in any of the other instances either. It's no biggie, just a little annoying to see the spinning dots in FireFox never quit. Anyone else having the same problem?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
MCory1
No, I'm running FF and I've had no problems to speak of.

I find it handles ATS much better than IE ever did.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
MCory1
No, I'm running FF and I've had no problems to speak of.

I find it handles ATS much better than IE ever did.

Oh believe me, it's not FF I'm complaining about--if nothing else the tabbed browsing is killer, and more than enough to compensate for any problems it has rendering IE-specific sites. The only problems I've had with FF have been memory leaks after running for a while, and checking task manager that's not the problem this time around.

What I meant in my reference to FF was that the pages never seem to finish completely loading. I've had one tab loading Today's PTS posts for about 10-15 minutes now, and it still doesn't have the icons for the forums, nor the "Past 12 hours" etc. bar images.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i am faster than any mod here

BTW just u2u me with any other questions you might have...

Not really, but since the same question has been posted at least 10 times every single time Low Bandwidth mode has been enabled over the last months, people don't bother answering the question AGAIN.

If people would just read "board bussines" before posting this question again, they'd see their question answered more times then there are actual conspiracy theory's on ATS ..

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Not really, but since the same question has been posted at least 10 times every single time Low Bandwidth mode has been enabled over the last months, people don't bother answering the question AGAIN.

If people would just read "board bussines" before posting this question again, they'd see their question answered more times then there are actual conspiracy theory's on ATS ..

i am fast...

i answered many questions in this fourm before anyone did throughout my time here...

i am just a helpful member...

those members that don't answer this question again, should answer the question in order to be helpful...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
MCory1: Server load varies, and at times it can take a while to get certain things to load. Just be patient. If you keep having the problem, there might be a bit on your end.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I forgot about this thread last night, but--although I'm still not 100% sure what the problem really was--I closed FF down completely and restarted it. Worked fine after that, and no problems (yet) this morning. Thanks for the responses though; always nice to see people trying to help.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Lovely.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join