It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA to "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
They are doing some fancy footwork at the Pentagon marketing the research budget for FY2006. And this is no rope-a-dope.

"As the House moves closer to approving defense spending for fiscal 2006, tucked inside its bill are imaginative, scientific projects like building vehicles that glide like birds and slither like snakes, helicopters that transform into jets, and computers that heal themselves after attacks.

The innovative projects are just a few of the research and development initiatives happening at the Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Under the spending measure, DARPA would receive $3.1 billion -- $20 million more than President Bush requested. The agency received $3 billion last year."

Twenty million more than they asked for. Quite a sales pitch. With $3.1 billion, they ought to be able to come up with a way to end terrorism. If not, next year we should apply that amount to programs that feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, and support the dis-enfranchised. Then we can see what is a more effective approach to ending terrorism. Guns, or butter? Still the same old question.

float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

Twenty million more than they asked for. Quite a sales pitch. With $3.1 billion, they ought to be able to come up with a way to end terrorism. If not, next year we should apply that amount to programs that feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, and support the dis-enfranchised. Then we can see what is a more effective approach to ending terrorism. Guns, or butter? Still the same old question.

float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

better weapons wont help stop terrorism, its a social structure that needs some adressing that will solve terrorism. Something that involves alot of opinion, and not alot of field data is available. Because I personally believe if we unite the world and eliminate religion, terrorism will fade to "vandalism" and "regular" criminal activities. But that is just my opinion.

And I agree totally all this military funding makes me groan, when africa and the middle east could be using our help. (and by help i dont mean weapons)

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wasn't DARPA the granola cruncher who married Greg? I'm sure she was. Janet Elfman played her. "DARPA and GREG". Great show. NBC could use that sort of thing right now

[edit on 25-7-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

join