It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grab Your Tin Foil Hats...World Jump Day: 20 July 2006.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Scientists from ISA/Munchen (Germany) have published a report (interview excerpt, Prof. Hans Peter Niesward, June 23 2004) which confirms that planet earth could be driven out its current orbital rotation by the combined force of human beings jumping. Prof. Hans Niesward and his colleagues at the Department of Gravitationsphysik estimated that it would take a minimum of 600 Million people on the western hemisphere to jump at the same moment.

World Jump Day: 20 July 2006.

I am a little speechless here, excuse me.
Question though: Would Newton's Laws have any bearing on this?

seekerof

[edit on 24-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
this was posted before (somewhere here)...

it is a funny thing to read none-the-less...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm 44 years old. I ain't jumpin' unless a hornet nails me on my arse.

But suppose for a moment this works. Then suppose it knocks us into a seriously bad orbit that threatens all life on the planet. What do we do then? Have everyone on the other side of the planet jumping in unison to try and get us back into a better orbit?

I've read some silly stuff in my days, but this one takes the cake.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You are most absolutely correct, they see ALL, back in April of this year...
World Jump Day!!

Astounding memory there, mate.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
thanks Seekerof

i think that is the first nice thing you ever said to me

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Heh, last time I saw this was back in the early 90's, though medium of communication and the story around the entire idea has changed.

I first read about it in the Weekly World News. Their story claimed that China was secretly plotting to have all of its people jump at once, throwing the orbit of Earth off.

The story then went on to plead that everyone in America jump at the same time that the people in China were going to jump, in order to counter China's actions.

They even ran a follow up story a couple months after the supposed World Jump date, stating that America had indeed been successful in stopping China and it's evil plans, as they put it.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen
I first read about it in the Weekly World News. Their story claimed that China was secretly plotting to have all of its people jump at once, throwing the orbit of Earth off.

The story then went on to plead that everyone in America jump at the same time that the people in China were going to jump, in order to counter China's actions.

ROFL. Um... Weekly World News has 600 million readers? I'm in the wrong business. Ok I'm off the start by bat-boy thread! lol

I think this is one- perhaps the only- war that China could almost certainly win against us.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

I think this is one- perhaps the only- war that China could almost certainly win against us.

We have hope!

As everyone has read in the news lately, America has an obesity crisis. We are gaining weight. Now we know all that lard may just save our country. Chinese, as a people, are fairly small stature and light in weight. So America's extra girth per person negates China's numerical superiority. We can counteract China's jumping with fewer people.

We not only have an arms race -- we now have a waistline race. Be a patriotic American and head to the nearest McDonalds for a Big Mac and chocolate shake. Your country needs you.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
As everyone has read in the news lately, America has an obesity crisis.

*pats belly*

That's me- a selfless patriot. Every time I order a big mac i grimace, hesitate, then say "that others may live" before taking the first bite- I swear.
Besides- I'm 6'1" I can wear 240 pounds in a fairly dignified manner- granted nobody would pay me to take my clothes off.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
OMG

how did we get off topic???

we are now talking about wars with china and fat americans

w0w...

top topics

join