It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who would support the searching of ONLY middle easterners???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
BTW, we are all "middle easterners".

how???

Originally posted by Umbrax
Searching a persons bag based on the color of their skin is racist by it's very definition. An act like this will set back civil liberties by decades.

Doing this is no different than being a cop and pulling over a driver just because they are Black. It is the very same thing.
If bag searches are conducted this way then everyone better brace for more events like the LA riots...

There is never a good excuse for racism.

i am against random searches too

BUT, if it saves lives, how bad could it be

Originally posted by Truthisoutthere
Geez !

How quickly this thread went from info to racism ?

The topic is a good one since this is the talk going around, it's worth talking about to get others perspectives.

thank you

this is a GREAT discussion that we COULD be having...

but people (Umbrax) are wasting my time and are calling me a racist

EDIT:

i find it ironic that Umbrax (sorry to point the finger at you) has a theme of "deny hate" in his / her avatar and signature...

Umbrax has made it clear that he / she hates racists and is above them

[edit on 24-7-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

it may be racial profiling, but i have never seen a white terrorist

urm..... i hope you mean in real life and not "i've never head of a white terrorist..."

so, as for the topic- bad idea. why? because there ARE white terrorists. sure, the threat right now is coming mainly from the middle east, but if you live in London, the IRA spin-off groups are still a threat. also, it's not like there aren't any white islamists or white people generally sick enough or desparate enough to take some cash to plant a bomb.

i'm not against racial profiling, but to "ONLY" search middle easterners would be more trouble than it's worth. focus on them, sure, but let's not live in a world of childish absolutes.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
but people (Umbrax) are wasting my time and are calling me a racist

EDIT:

i find it ironic that Umbrax (sorry to point the finger at you) has a theme of "deny hate" in his / her avatar and signature...

Umbrax has made it clear that he / she hates racists and is above them

I asked you to keep this discussion on the topic and not each other, it is obvious that message did not work.

There is no point in further discussion here.

Thread closed!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join