It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiroshima bomb may have carried hidden agenda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
www.newscientist.com...

According to this article : "The US decision to drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 was meant to kick-start the Cold War rather than end the Second World War, according to two nuclear historians who say they have new evidence backing the controversial theory."

Oh no not false pretenses again?!?!

This is getting to predictable, when the US said we did X for erason Y.. you can safely assume the reasons were DEFINATELY NOT Y!
I hope they are still fooling themselves, at least, whith these lies, coz no one else will take the time of dasy off them anymore and it be such a waste of time to go around lying like that when nobody believes you...

[edit on 22/7/2005 by Corinthas]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well they definitely wanted to show Russia that they had the weapons but most of all they wanted to test them out in real life. Japan had been wanting to surrender for some time with only one request, that they be allowed to keep their emperor. The US pretended that no talks were going on and in the end they let them keep their emperor so the nukes were just a disgusting act of cruelty. Russia was planning on attacking Japan a few days after the nukes would be dropped and helping the US. They did not want Russia to have any say in the aftermath in Japan so that is another reason why they dropped the bombs.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well, it's known taht they wanted to prove to the russians that they were capable of large distruction...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Japan had been wanting to surrender for some time with only one request, that they be allowed to keep their emperor. The US pretended that no talks were going on and in the end they let them keep their emperor so the nukes were just a disgusting act of cruelty.

I did not know this. I thought that it was really just Emporer Hirohito who wanted to surrender, but the war council did not.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion

Japan had been wanting to surrender for some time with only one request, that they be allowed to keep their emperor. The US pretended that no talks were going on and in the end they let them keep their emperor so the nukes were just a disgusting act of cruelty.

I did not know this. I thought that it was really just Emporer Hirohito who wanted to surrender, but the war council did not.

thats what i thought too lol
its in our history books that way

but u never know , it could be a lie ....

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Do you have something to back that up, muzzleflash?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Actually the council was deadlocked it was the Emperor who stepped in and broke the tie, after the two bombs were dropped.

As far as this article and the study it is concerning, there is obvious bias.
What I find funny is that the author of the study states:

According to an account by Walter Brown, assistant to then-US secretary of state James Byrnes, Truman agreed at a meeting three days before the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima that Japan was "looking for peace". Truman was told by his army generals, Douglas Macarthur and Dwight Eisenhower, and his naval chief of staff, William Leahy, that there was no military need to use the bomb.

That is funny since Truman was in Germany for his conference with the Stalin and Churchill. He would have been far away from all three of the men listed. The reason why Aug. 6th was picked was that Truman had instructed that the bomb was to be dropped after the Potsdam Conference (which ended Aug.3 1945). He wanted to tell Stalin and Churchill in person. In my own brief research I could find no reference to any of the three listed men being in Germany at that time. There is record of individuals each expressing misgiving about such use, but that in no way proves that the bomb was only used to scare the Russians. If the authors had their fact wrong about the location of Truman and his war-leaders, I have serious reservations about their research in general.

Wikipedia
During the conference, Truman mentioned to Stalin about an unspecified "powerful new weapon"; Stalin, who ironically knew of its existence long before Truman ever knew, encouraged the usage of any weapon that would hasten the end of the war. Towards the end of the conference, Japan was given an ultimatum (threatening "prompt and utter destruction", without mentioning the new bomb), and after Japan had rejected it, atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki on August 6 and August 9, respectively. Truman made the decision to use atomic weapons to end the war while at the conference.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well they definitely wanted to show Russia that they had the weapons but most of all they wanted to test them out in real life. Japan had been wanting to surrender for some time with only one request, that they be allowed to keep their emperor. The US pretended that no talks were going on and in the end they let them keep their emperor so the nukes were just a disgusting act of cruelty. Russia was planning on attacking Japan a few days after the nukes would be dropped and helping the US. They did not want Russia to have any say in the aftermath in Japan so that is another reason why they dropped the bombs.

If this is provable, and it is true... Then the USA owes severe reparations to the Japanese.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davood

If this is provable, and it is true... Then the USA owes severe reparations to the Japanese.

Umm, are you some kind of moron ? The Japanese started the war, slaughtered millions of people in the most barbarous of ways and still refuse to acknowledge it in their history books. next you'll be saying the Americans should give compensation to the Nazi's.

Sure japan wanted peace, but there were far more conditions than allowing Hirohito to stay in power. They wanted their armed forces left intact, wanted to keep parts of China etc. To defend the homeland they had built up a massive infrastructure of suicide facilities and vehicles etc.

As a person who has read extensively about the subject I know what I'm talking about. Without the bombs an invasion would have been necessary, no doubt, costing countless lives. If you don't believe me read about the battles of Saipan, Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
"The US decision to drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 was meant to kick-start the Cold War rather than end the Second World War,

Thats absurd. Why the hell would the US want to 'kick start' the cold war? If the govnerment realized the big threat of the soviets, then they'd've nuked moscow and leningrad and allied with what was left of the nazis and japanese. hell they'd probably nuke the maoists and give real aid to the Nationalists in China. I'm sure that they realized that fielding nuclear weapons would demonstrate that thety were powerful to everyone, but to argue that the japanese were begging for surrender and that Truman refused to, and that Macarthur was the voice of calm peaceful reason, is nuts.

NinjaCodeMonkey
Japan had been wanting to surrender for some time with only one request, that they be allowed to keep their emperor.

That was the deal they were given, the wanted to just 'surrender' and stop the war, which obviously the US shouldn't've accepted. They didn't even surrender after the first nuke was dropped! They weren't ready to lie down and stop fighting.

Then the USA owes severe reparations to the Japanese

Are you kidding? When you start a war, without even declaring it, you don't get reparations.

What kind of bogus historical revisionism is this? Japan attacked america. Japan was so desperate to continue the war that they brainwashed their pilots into becoming suicide bombers in service of their Divine Emperor. They were not going to surrender. It doesn't matter if there were some individual japanese who wanted to surrender, and even they did not want to agree to unconditional surrender. And, again, the japanese continued the war after having a nuke dropped on them, it too TWO nuclear attacks to get them to realize that they were doomed if they continued, and thats why they surrendered, not because they were tired of the massive war, but because they knew that they were literally doomed to absolute destruction if they didn't.
Japan owes the US reparations. Japan owes korea and china repartations. Japan owes the world reparations for allying with hitler and the nazis and engaging in a global war of imperial conquest!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
yah... even gen. george patton was heard to say after reading over some papers they have recovered from nazi field commanders and luftwaffe h.q... "my god, we've been fighting on the wrong side!" could be a reason he was "murdered" and made to look like an accident? hmmm.?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The only agenda with the atomic bombs was a swift end to the war. Do you know why Tokyo was not hit? LaMay's bombers had pretty much burnt out the city with incendiary bombs. How many were killed in the fire bombing? Is there a difference here? The bottom line was that an invasion of the home islands would have killed millions. Please explain how 500 B-29 loaded to the gills with fire bombs is different than the Enola Gay or Bocks Car?? Before you condemn both, city busting was a fact of warfare in that era

I do love the revisionist historians trying to paint the bombs as some sort of political message to the Soviets etc. Truman had already told Stalin of the bomb and the Russian knew about the Trinity tests thanks to the Rosenbergs and Ted Hall et al. There was no need to send a message they knew already

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If the nukes were intending to end the war, why not just drop one on tokyo?

that woulda ended the war ' if it was still majorly hot ' pretty damn quick.
I mean the allies destroyed berlin and dresden....

The reason it screams out at me as being a experiment.. is they used 2 bombs, at 2 different times of day, on 2 different geological sites...

We new they worked on desert..... we needed to know the destruction they were capable of.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder
If the nukes were intending to end the war, why not just drop one on tokyo?

that woulda ended the war ' if it was still majorly hot ' pretty damn quick.
I mean the allies destroyed berlin and dresden....

The reason it screams out at me as being a experiment.. is they used 2 bombs, at 2 different times of day, on 2 different geological sites...

We new they worked on desert..... we needed to know the destruction they were capable of.

read the post above yours for why we didn't drop one on tokyo, TOKYO WAS ALREADY BOMBED OUT AND MOSTLY DESTROYED BY THE TIME WE DROPPED THEM.

as for the different times of day, yeah all military operations fall in a tight time of day frame right, all other bombings happened at the same type of day right?

as for geological differences, well you don't say? could it be that most cities have geological diferences from other cities? Nah, had to be a plot.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Geological differences? Phah...

The Hirshima bomb was differnt than the Trinity bomb. It was a gun type device using urnanium and the Trinity / Nagasaki bomb was an implosion device hence their nicknames "Little Boy" and "Fat Man"

There were 8 cities actually picked for the bombs in case there was any issues with the selected target. These cities were actually put off limits to the bomber command untill the bombs were dropped.

As stated above Tokyo was not selected because the city was already burned out.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
AS we all know the anniversy of these bombings are tomorrow. ...And yes the U.S. had a political agenda to bombing Japan. Mainly to keep Russian out and have Japan for themselves. The biggest reason why we still have U.S. Soldiers in Japan today is to prevent any potential war from the U.S. West coast with countries like Russian, China, and Korea. Another reason why the U.S. is here is to rebuild the Japanese infrastructure. In a few years majority of the U.S. Forces will be out of Japan and we will give Japan most of the land back, mainly the Military bases the U.S. runned. Trust me, I should know, I in the Air Force and stationed in Japan.

P.S. Also if some of you haven't put two and two together, based on the new threats these supposed World Wide terrorists have made, I believe there are strong indications that they have nuclear arms and will use these bombs tomorrow. The main significance is the fact that tomorrow is the U.S. Bombing Japan 60 year anniversy. Hence: August '6' | '6'0 years | '6' th day of the week = 666. But then again I could be wrong. It was just a hunch based on some military intelligence I have.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Super7E123

...mainly to keep Russian out...

...countries like Russian, China, and Korea...

...mainly the Military bases the U.S. runned...

You are in the Air Force you say? Did Someone fill in your application form for you?

P.S. Also if some of you haven't put two and two together, based on the new threats these supposed World Wide terrorists have made, I believe there are strong indications that they have nuclear arms and will use these bombs tomorrow. The main significance is the fact that tomorrow is the U.S. Bombing Japan 60 year anniversy. Hence: August '6' | '6'0 years | '6' th day of the week = 666. But then again I could be wrong. It was just a hunch based on some military intelligence I have.

#in' sweet jesus. I take it you are on the front line.

If you have 'Military Intelligence' then America is DOOMED!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

AS we all know the anniversy of these bombings are tomorrow. ...And yes the U.S. had a political agenda to bombing Japan. Mainly to keep Russian out and have Japan for themselves. The biggest reason why we still have U.S. Soldiers in Japan today is to prevent any potential war from the U.S. West coast with countries like Russian, China, and Korea. Another reason why the U.S. is here is to rebuild the Japanese infrastructure. In a few years majority of the U.S. Forces will be out of Japan and we will give Japan most of the land back, mainly the Military bases the U.S. runned. Trust me, I should know, I in the Air Force and stationed in Japan.

I would counter that while you may be in the airforce, you don't know half of what you are talking about. And because you are trying to give us pointers off of "military intelligence" you have (hope that isn't cllassified at a confidential or secret level, since that would be your ass for passing it on to people without a clearance or NTK) I am guessing you are not in the airforce. Your way of speach make me also think that english is not your first language as well, so I am guessing you are possibly telling the truth about being in Japan and are japanese.

I would also be willing to bet that the only motive we had besides ending the war, was to test out our new toys, like previously stated the little boy was a gun type dvise that we had never tested before, and the fatman was not exactly what was tested at the trinity site. The devise tested there was not a weaponised or weaponisable for of the atomic bomb as it was to heavy for the planes of the day to take off with (as it was with the smaller little boy and fatman they were already over ideal takeoff weight)

They went for cities that were not touched before to be able to show the power, and devestation one bomb would cause clearly, there would be no mistake that one weapon would do this. And as stated above, it was a city picked from a list due to weather conditions above the target. If it was not Hiiroshima and nagasaki it would have been others.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by DCFusion

thats what i thought too lol
its in our history books that way

but u never know , it could be a lie ....

You think it's a joke, but the Japan's Emperor had God status in Japan. The war council would not dare going against their Emperor-God. It is simply impossible that Hirohito wanted to surrender but his council wouldn't.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
As stated above Tokyo was not selected because the city was already burned out.

So Tokyo would be the perfect target for showing off with as little casualties as possible! The Japanese would have #ted in their pants after seeing what nukes can do!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join