It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whackjobs are right!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Can anyone shed light upon the idea that every cathode ray tube in a binary connection may also act as a camera?

In my thoughts it may be possible, considering the two way connection that happens in most all cable television systems. Sophisticated electronics could parse the noise factor in such a connection, and it is well known that NASA has imaging software that can clarify otherwise muddy images...

I have also wanted to know how they calculate TV ratings....Do they know who is watching what...at anytime?

Well, read this article (chapter 5):

Digital television
Digital television gives the viewer a whole range of possibilities. He can be interactive with game shows, he can buy 'on-line' if he sees anything nice on Sex and the City. These features are all possible because digital TV is capable of sending more information at a time to the viewer. The interaction is also possible because instead of one way broadcasting, digital TV can send signals back to the cable company or broadcasting company.
An example that this interaction is not desirable in all cases shows TiVo. TiVo is a kind of super VCR, it can record an enormous amount of television on its hard disk. Next to that it offers a smart program guide. With hundreds of television channels it's impossible to zap through all them or to make a list of shows you want to see. TiVo can do the job for you, it remembers your preferences and gives you a list of your favorite programs as you turn it on. At first sight this is a great future, but TiVo admits that its apparatus sends information about his viewers preferences back to the 'mothership'...
www.minitrue.nl...

[edit on 22-7-2005 by mwen]

nah they send out surveys to target areas. for instance... fox to rural neighborhoods. The WB to more urban areas.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Add another sneek-a-peek agent, the DVD you rented....

at least on my PC, i reluctantly agree to download the
"InterActive" drive/player to view movies (maybe 30% of all Titles)
as my regular DVD Players won't work on some selected movies.

I 'agree' which sends at least my age and sex info. to the 'data base HQ'
(i have no idea if thats all i send)
after the flick, i go and 'uninstall/delete' the program & drive/player
and delete the 'cookie' also.

~~~~~~~~~

Heres a fun task for youse that are uneasy about being tracked or
monitored in innocuous ways..........create a 'phantom'
or an 'alternate' self,
let the TV run all day, you really don't haffto flush everytime you go,
alter the regularity of things, you can interrupt your GPS or OnStar
with little effort,
Q;-) Did? you actually gave your real name-address for that
Grocery Discount Card?....etc etc etc

oh, btw...for those of us really who are into it - -
you only have to apply once- but, go directly to your local IRS office,
so theres not a series of 'middle men' involved with passing along
your SSNumber - fill out the Form SS4 and get yourself a Employer
Identification Number....use that in place of a SS # !!

...better get that Passport before you need a records' BackgroundInvestigation & it reveals that you own Drivers'
Licenses in multiple states

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
why don't you just turn the tables and start watching "them" ?

keep an extensive database on what they eat for breakfast, where they drive, and when they wake up.

hold on, then what ?

what is the info for, how is it useful ?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
why don't you just turn the tables and start watching "them" ?

keep an extensive database on what they eat for breakfast, where they drive, and when they wake up.

That's a great idea, where do I sign up for that?

I would love to know what a Supreme court justice that decides my property belongs to the Government does on his spare time.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
who here gets irritated when you go into a store to buy something with cash and they still ask for personal info, name, address , etc.

I know i sure do

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i hate them getting my info! As well as cookies/spiware getting placed on my computer. No of their bleepen business until i hurt someone else. (can't use the word 'crime' cause it is getting to be so much as breathing maybe considered environmental polution or some such- not much doesn't fall into the relm of 'crime' anymore)

Sign me up for being able to track the justices and all the other ilk. If this PA really does pass i want the same rights to rub it into our "representatives" (used very loosely since they obviously don't) faces.- listen to all their phone calls and such. I imagine a few months of the citizens hounding them and sending pictures of all their transgressions PA and the other trash legislation will be thrown out with prejudice. After all what is good for the goose is good for the gander!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yes it's all true !

We are being watched and monitored constantly.

Is it still possible to fly under the radar ?

Don't live in a residential area. Live in an industrial area for one. Rent a space for business and live inside that business residance. You can usually share phone lines and even cable lines with other businesses and you can usually work out a deal with another tennant and just pay them for the use of their services.

This works. The phone company and us mail didn't even know that anyone existed. Never received a phone bill. Never received a cable bill. All business is done on a cash basis only. Don't pay taxes ! Get a po box.
Ditch the drivers license.

Not too much to track. It's never full proof but it's a start.

Stay low and keep wise !

Truth !

link   
Yes it's all true !

Don't live in a residential area. Live in an industrial area for one. Rent a space for business and live inside that business residance. You can usually share phone lines and even cable lines with other businesses and you can usually work out a deal with another tennant and just pay them for the use of their services.

This works. The phone company and us mail didn't even know that anyone existed. Never received a phone bill. Never received a cable bill. All business is done on a cash basis only. Don't pay taxes ! Get a po box.

Stay low and keep wise !

Truth !

link   
Yes it's all true !

Stay low and keep wise !

Truth !

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
yeah sure - what to do for $; which is needed to pay rent (cause you sure can't own), electricity, food, etc.

Prostitution or drug dealing are 2 things i can think of that don't report income to IRS in one manner or another/ total cash basis. Not options in my case. Maybe you could mow lawns on a cash basis provided you had enough capital to get started?

I am trying to check on it (not a CPA) but i believe that employers must take the MAX deduction from your pay (zero dependants) if you refuse to have a SSN. Meaning you are giving up WAY more than if you paid taxes to begin with. Anyone else heard this or have a QUICK and reliabale source?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Wow. Let me first say I have never been a big fan of the whole idea of a "big brother". It has always seemed logistically unfeasable.

This article really served as a wakeup call to me. This information is so easy to find for the public which makes me wonder what is available to the "elite".

www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/2005/07/15/BUG0UDO7R31.DTL&type=business

er....dude i have to say a big...
So What

That article is pretty poor really, its hardly a wake up call. What sort of zone were you in if you didnt know that was possible?
That sort of info has been available for thousands of years nearly, alright not that long but point is thats nothing, you find some guys address from a directory and get a photo of his house, ohh big deal, it means nothing. You dont need a computer to do it. You could do it with a phone directory and a camera.

The stuff you highlighted is more like it: digital records, electronics, identification numbers and cards, live satelitte surveilance, the 'chip' is just around the corner.

That article is a nothing, the guy probably wrote it in 5 minutes after messing around with google mapping, thinking it would make an exciting article to fill his weekly? column. Its hardly groundbreaking journalism.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Geeze Adam

Your contribution to the thread was pretty much "nothing' as you stated it too!

Boggles the mind that people join a thread to say, "i got nutin to contribute"

i am thinking, " . . . uh . . . . yeah . . . . and your point is?"

The whack jobs ARE right. There are at least a half dozen folks RIGHT now on ATS that can pull your ip address, tell you how long you have been on line (not just THIS site), what sites you visited this week, your real name AND even pull your current physical address. It is only a little skip to tell you the amount of your last AMT with drawl and what you bought on your credit card at Wally world- . . . well ok a pretty big skip for your average hack right now but hardly a bump in the road if you have a badge and are a hacker because the majority of the roadblocks just go away.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
well, come on. satellite mapping, big deal. you can probaly get it in you car or something. Hardly a eureka moment in my op.
didnt mean to sound like i was shouting or anything, just feel like the world is going mad.
you wanna talk about surveillance, talk about the chip, thats where the future is really at. NO more cards, just an implanted chip that does everything. You cant get much more perverted than that.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Adam

weeeellllll in that light a bit better. Still not much of a CONTRIBUTION as much as it is a gripe.

I agree not the best of articles; but the point I think is if this is available now to civilians and for FREE. It is crazy! What does the government get for its money- your tax dollars??? I’ve seen some- nte necessarily the best and it makes the movie “enemy of the state” look sad.

I take it you are talking Chip for humans? Yes, very sick. I may not have a choice due to my current profession. I will certainly be looking for something else if and when it comes mandatory for that.

They also have a chip right now you can pick up at any decent car parts store for your car that interfaces with your diagnostic port and records up to 12 hours of data. It is being marketed as something to track your teenage drivers driving habits. It records all sorts of things: throttle; speed; gear selection; etc. I read somewhere that these are shortly NOT going to be an option and it is suggested that they be downloadable by the police remotely. I'll look for the source again but I spend so much time looking up sources for folks that I do not get much else done.

However, can you imagine just suddenly receiving 50 speeding tickets in your mailbox one day?? Along with your license suspension and termination of your insurance???? That is how tied in we are talking.

If the PA passes they will not even need probable cause- just get the data and IF they can find you surpassing speed limit (which almost everyone does at some point) they just have the computer issue a ticket and print up the "delayed search warrant"

If it is MY car loaned out to a friend or child I might actually use something like that- maybe even if the child is on my insurance as part of the open agreement for the $$ I am putting into their control- nothing underhanded and on MY investment.

On the other hand I would not consider it if I did not own the vehicle or pay the insurance. It is none of my business then. Same for uncle Sam- he does not do either so he can butt out.

Monitoring my driving habits on their ‘public’ roads with their own equipment- i.e. radar gun- as much as I dislike it is different- but if the roads REALLY are PUBLIC all traffic cases should have a jury and in that case 90% of tickets will get tossed out and shortly it will be too expensive for them to enforce anything unless accompanied by more reckless behavior. Current speed limits become SUGGESTED speeds. - agh but i rant-

Even if the particular device is not used they can do it right now today! Just monitor travel times from your residence to work, for one, via a cell phone- no implants on your car necessary.

Did you see the article on the fireman busted for arson because of items a grocery card linked to his name said he bought? He was later released due to a confession of another person.

But maybe by now you get my point??? I bet once a hack on this very site had your real name IF you had a grocery card he could tell you every item you picked up- even if you paid by cash. For a good hack I give him maybe 60 minutes from the time you READ one of his posts on this site until he could give you an itemized list- that kind of stuff is not very close held by a grocery store.

Scary??? OH YEAH!!! Time to start considering getting off the grid!

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
here is the article on the fireman
www.komotv.com...

still looking for others

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
ohhh dont get me started on gripes, trust me that was a contribution.

I dont know if i find it scary or not though, i have been thinking about it for a while. I dont think any of that information is really any good for anything usefull really.
I do have a problem though with being forced to do things.
When i apply for a job here in the uk, i dont bother using the government job search anymore, because when i phoned up once, they were more interested in collecting unnecessary details, than helping me.
It was almost like some sort of extortion, not sure if thats the right word.
You see a job you want, but you have to phone up to get the contact details and the job centre people wont give it to you unless you give over your details, like the national insurance number, date of birth and so on. i dont remeber what it was, pointless information, i dont see why anyone needs to know that stuff, im only applying for a poxy temporary job, i probably wont get it anyway.
I am a very straighforward person i hate all these unnecesary data records, just give me the number already, why do you wanna collect all this stuff for? i cant believe thats your job lady, just collecting info on jobseekers for the database. how very fulfilling. its the new service sector economy, creating thousands upon thousands of pointless jobs that achieve nothing, just cycle computer data that nobody ever bothers to reference, at least not for anything usefull, only for more monotonous, pointless tasks that are ultimately of no use to anyone. 'The Matrix' thats what it is.

Anyway im going of on a rant/gripe
I have know for a long while the power of a competant hacker. I think it is more about how badly someone wants to find you rather than what tools they have available. Yea i know the tools help but stiil.
If the terminator is coming after you caus you havent paid you IRS or whatever you guys have, then nothing is gonna stop him, even a broken satnav. get my drift?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join