It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire London Underground shutdown after serious of explosions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
CNN BREAKING:

"A group calling itself the "Secret Organization group of al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europe" claims London blasts. Details soon."

Say, where's souljah on all this? From all his previous posts, I'd guess he was enjoying all this.

Can't believe he's not posting anything, though. Maybe he's been too busy.

[edit on 7/7/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh

It would be great if everyone could get this ready-made propaganda out of their heads
Bliar and Charles Clarke will be repeating the mantra over and over soon enough

This is the work of MI operatives, beyond a shadow of a doubt. PROBLEM REACTION SOLUTION

My initial thoughts too! I actually had a feeling this was going to happen, but did not want to talk too much about it. It just makes perfect sense, the timing, and the fact that all world leaders ar together.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
A pic of the bus with the roof blown off:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am also so cynical. My initial thoughts were how the government special forces were able to pull it off with all of the security cameras in the downtown London areas.

London is actually known for how many surveillance cameras are operating downtown. I have already heard a government official on air acting so proud of all of the surveillance. Its just part of the infrastructure for the control grid....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is terrible, but it was almost impossible to avoid. The underground is the soft underbelly of London and policeing it 24/7 is a near impossibility.

This group of Islamic extremists that have claimed responsibility for this need some retrobution. We have been asked to be vigillant right? So we should track this website down and do everything we can to find out where the last post to the site was posted from. All bets are off, as a community we have some very clever people, its time to use any means neccessary.

For a few seconds the BBC broadcast the website that claimed responsibilty. I couldn't quite make it out but it was something like www.al-qui3ah.com

Surley between us we can find the site they are talking about and get as much information on it as possible. Where it is based, who runs it, other posts by the owners of the site, internet names, nicknames, EVERYTHING. How many of us are there?

We are doing something that way, these bastards cant get away with it.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
This does, however, follow the pattern of the Madrid bombing where there wasn't any real outcome (no war was declared and no unified "we've got to do the EU because it's the ONLY way to stop terrorism" message being pumped out continually since then.)

I concur, and like Madrid, it happened shortly after Ayman Al-Zawahiri releases a video. In fact everytime Al-Qaeda's #2 releases a video,(Bali,Madrid, & now sadly London) bombings quickly follow. We really got to take out these creeps soon.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What kind of explosives are we talking about here?
Witness reports say the explosions were a loud bang, rush of heat, no fire, a lot of smoke.

The Bus looks like it's blown apart but it's not chared or ever on fire?
When you see a carbomb photo from Iraq, the vehicles don't tend to look destroyed by force alone.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here is another angle of the bus:

This is huge guys. CNN reporting the death toll is up to 33 comfirmed.

As terrible as this is, it was inevitable and I hope the "civilized" world galvanizes a bit out of this heinous attack. I hope France realizes they could be next and gets on board in the fight on these savages instead of coddling them.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
British had warning .......

"British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before Thursday's explosions that they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had planned to attend an economic conference in a hotel over the subway stop where one of the blasts occurred, and the warning prompted him to stay in his hotel room instead, government officials said...."
See story
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i live in greater london and am saddened by what happened today. Those innocent people were doing nothing.
But in spite of the fact that i am probably going to get torn apart from this, there is one thing i cannot understand.

We are at war with 2 countries right now. It is only by the grace of whatever, that those countries dont have the technology to fight back in kind. It is INCREDIBLY sad that this happened, but should we be really surprised that during a war, we are attacked?
Or has it come down to the fact that we attack countries expecting no retaliation?

Why are the people who carried this out today "cowardly terrorists" (which they are, and yet those bombing innocent people every day in Iraq, are "soldiers"
Personally, i feel sorry for ANYONE caught up in this war. That means the soldiers dying in iraq, the people of iraq themselves and now this.

But i honestly, cannot understand the difference between the two. I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but i fail to see why we should make differences between the two. When germany bombed us during WW2, they werent terrorists, they were soldiers.

Again, i would like to stress, that ANYONE caught up in this war and its consequences, has my FULL sympathy. The only ones i blame are the architects of war itself.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
CNN reports the death count is up to 37 with as many as 700 wounded.

A local news guy here in Boston said today: "They didn’t just attack London today, they attacked us as well"

MA Governor Romney stated: (paraphrased) " ...We are all British today...We need to love them the way they did us after 9/11..."

Lets hope that this is it and there isn’t more to come. Somehow I don’t think that that’s going to be the case.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Seems so odd how this event gets so much pub, while in two weeks we'll here of a bomb going off in Bahgdad that kills 50 and won't get so much as a blip of pub.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Seems so odd how this event gets so much pub, while in two weeks we'll here of a bomb going off in Bahgdad that kills 50 and won't get so much as a blip of pub.

Frosty, if somebody in your family got into a car accident wouldnt you and your family talk about it and be concerned? Now, what if a family accross the town got into a simular accident, how much would you and your family think about it?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
you just know that blair will be able to push those id cards now. people are going to be so scared and frightened in london that no ones going to care, they'll just say yes.

hmmmm perhaps and inside job to scare people and get the id cards implemented...probably a long shot.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
No, I don't think that dh is too far off target with his comments. Think about it. The whole EU constitution endorsement seems to be falling apart at the seems. Maybe, just maybe, if there were to be a few terrorist attacks in some choice locations it would help to patch things up again. Go back and look at the result of what happened after the Madrid bombings and you'll see what I mean.

No one is saying that these attacks aren't terrible and barbaric. The question is just being raised as to who is behind them. Someone has a reason for carrying them out. Who exactly will benefit the most from these attacks?

Rubbish.

Special forces,black ops,Mi6 whoever have families, children so on so on.To create a unit that is capable of carrying out acts of Terrorism on home ground is so ridiculous just because the EU constitution is falling apart is complete rubbish and belongs in Hollywood where they first came from.The EU was not born from acts of violence in the first place so why should it be used now.New World Order belongs in the hippy camps at Gleneagles not in the real world.As for the Madrid bombs nothing was acheived the French,Germans still unhappy with the Spainish for going with Britain,USA.The EU is failing because each countries population rightly understand that so many countries cannot operate equally.
Islamic Extremists gain the most,well documented that they excist, not a cover up by govts to control the people.If you believe that the govt are capable of such things you may as well buy a gun go in your yard and blow your brains out because your whole excistence, Identity and life is a complete waste of time.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Cowards! How Despicable! How Dishonorable - to Anonymously Attack a bunch of Innocent Civilians!

Listen up all you Terrorist Scumbags out there - attacks like this might be the "Standard Operating Procedure" in your part of the World (i.e. Middle East Insano-Land) - but these sort of attacks on us will NOT be Tolerated by CIVILIZED Western Nations. We the American People stand with the British People! We will NOT be Intimidated! You might believe that our Freedom is our Weakness – you are mistaken it is our STRENGHT! Ultimately you will FAIL & be DESTROYED! You Diseased Swine!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
you just know that blair will be able to push those id cards now. people are going to be so scared and frightened in london that no ones going to care, they'll just say yes.

hmmmm perhaps and inside job to scare people and get the id cards implemented...probably a long shot.

seems this is becoming a population theory now, especially on prison planet. anyone else think this could be true?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
CNN.com

BREAKING:

"Death toll raised from two to 13 in Thursday’s bombing of double-decker bus in London’s Tavistock Square, police commissioner says. Details soon."

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
How quickly you forget Afghanistan, skippy.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
How quickly you forget Afghanistan, skippy.

Pardon? Whats Afghanistan have to do with the London terrorist attacks? Maybe you should grow a heart and care for some of these people, instead of looking to start flames and debates. Some priority change is needed maybe?

The only thing Afghnaistan has to do with any of this, is that its has been the home of some of these terrorist scumbag animals.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by skippytjc]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join