It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Captured on Pic of New York?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Go to Yahoo and click on the darkened sky line picture of New York City-- Above the Empire State building and a smaller building to the right is a light source.. zoom in on it and tell me what the heck is that thing? Heres the link in case they change it.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20030815/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_blackout&cid=544&ncid=716

By the way- its now slide 10...

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by TheyWatchYou]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You forgot to add how to find the picture...you have to go to slideshow then go to next about 4 times. That light source..im guessing is either a plane or a UFO...im not sure which as their is no way to tell. Something with the camera perhaps? Who knows?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Seems to be flying awfully low for a plane....

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
That's always helpful, knowing what you're looking at is what you're s'pposed to be looking at. Thanks for the info WD.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Thanks. still makes for an interesting picture even if it isn't a UFO.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
That looks to me like a trauma chopper. I've seen them fly in from far away & then land in front of me. The height and diameter of light source seem consistent. But then again, who knows!

By the way the light dot ABOVE that (sort of 2 o'clock position from the moon) is Mars, I think.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
There were a alot of news helicopters over the city, all the major news outlets had live shots from above the city. I agree that it's flying way too low to be a plane.

If that was a UFO, with thousands of people in the streets, it would have been easily spotted.

It is a cool pic.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I also think it could be a chopper...

Here's another one...

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well,
Forgive me for not double checking with sky and telecope. com, but I'm 90% sure that's Mars. It's significantly closer (and thus brighter) to earth than it has been since before the beginning of civilization.

Before something is decalred a 'UFO', it must be checked against star charts. In this case I'm being lazy, as I want to read some other posts right now, but over the last few days I've been watching mars and it is VERY BRIGHT. It is also no longer a mere point in the sky... When looking at it through binoculars (and even, to an extent, with the un-aided eye) it is beginning to look like a disk.

Again, this is most likely mars...

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Here's a good site to start your investigation...

skyandtelescope.com...

I've linked to the main page because this site has many articles and charts that pertain to the 'sighting'. There are also many articles on mars.

So, go to the 'Interactive Sky Chart' feature and inspect the scientific evidence yourself...

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Forgive me for not double checking with sky and telecope. com, but I'm 90% sure that's Mars. It's significantly closer (and thus brighter) to earth than it has been since before the beginning of civilization.

Here's another cool site that can give you planet charts by city & time. OIMD is right, its Mars in the shot. It stands out because Mars is the closest it has been in ~50,000 years, it is extremely bright. We're not used to seeing it look like that!

I wonder if Nancy & other Planet X'ers have looked into the gravitational effect of Mars!!! Before they start blinding themselves by trying to look at Planet X hiding behind the sun....

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Well,

Before something is decalred a 'UFO', it must be checked against star charts. In this case I'm being lazy, as I want to read some other posts right now, but over the last few days I've been watching mars and it is VERY BRIGHT. It is also no longer a mere point in the sky... When looking at it through binoculars (and even, to an extent, with the un-aided eye) it is beginning to look like a disk.

Again, this is most likely mars...

Yeah that makes sense.... plus with the lights out it makes it even more pronounced.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I guess you're right, I live near NYC and I just looked outside and I can see Mars very clear and its not that low nor that far from the moon. Maybe it's just the angle, from my vantage point I see Mars between that light just above the buildings and the light near the top of the pic.

The image again:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
MAN that picture is creepy looking. The cloud and the moon looked like an angel of death holding a lantern looming over the city when I first saw it.... yikes.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Damm! What the hell is that thing?

jra

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
i'm pretty sure that's the moon (assuming everyone is talking about the bright light next to the cloud) the photo looks like it was taken with a wide angle lends.. so it would make the moon and other things appear smaller so that it fits more into the image. plus there are other signs of it being taken with a wide angle lens. a long the coast line there seems to be a slight curvature. wide angle lenses will do that.

EDIT: nevermind. i read the 1st post more clearly.. the small light near the top of the pic is mars yeah. i just looked outside my window now and it's up higher and to the right of the moon some what. the lower light is probably a plane or helicopter (like some one else said)

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by jra]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
MAN that picture is creepy looking. The cloud and the moon looked like an angel of death holding a lantern looming over the city when I first saw it.... yikes.

Im glad Im not the only one that thought that picture was creepy.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I believe it is Mars. It has been very creepy looking lately.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmm

MA phone home.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join