It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Says US In Iraq Because Of Attacks On US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Here is why the US is in Iraq:

Today, much of the world is convinced the Bush Administration did not wage war against Iraq and Saddam Hussein because of threat from weapons of mass destruction, nor from terror dangers. Still a puzzle, however, is why Washington would risk so much in terms of relations with its allies and the entire world, to occupy Iraq. There is compelling evidence that oil and geopolitics lie at the heart of the still-hidden reasons for the military action in Iraq.
It is increasingly clear that the US occupation of Iraq is about control of global oil resources. Control, however, in a situation where world oil supplies are far more limited than most of the world has been led to believe. If the following is accurate, the Iraq war is but the first in a major battle over global energy resources, a battle which will be more intense than any oil war to date. The stakes are highest. It is about fixing who will get how much oil for their economy at what price and who not. Never has such a choke-hold on the world economy been in the hands of one power. After occupation of Iraq it appears it is.
article

With Saddam gone so are the quotas on Iraqi oil output. With US and British oil companies in charge of the oil fields production levels will soon rise giving the US its cheap reliable supply of oil and the power that comes with having an army on and near the majority of oil on the planet. Once Iraqi oil production is up to speed the capacity for opec to control prices will be lessened. This will take power from Saudi Arabia weakening them finacially and politcally. The control of the middle east oil gives the US an upper hand with over Chinas economy. If China gets to be too powerfull economically the US can cut them off thus killing their economy. You may not approve of the war in Iraq but the outcome of the war has strengthened the US and Britain. I am not saying that I support the war I am just pointing out what I see to be the outcome of the war and the real reasons the Us and Britain went to war.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
cryptorsa1001 is a genius! He/she has it completely right. It's survival of the fittest. All of you hippies would be the first ones crying when there's no gas to fill your VW Beetles. Just be thankful we have the kind of leadership that looks at the big picture, and the future. It's a dirty world and unfortunately sometimes you have to step on a few throats to get by. So until all of us fat Americans start living better lives and not requiring so many of the world's resources, then this is the way its gotta be. We have no one else to blame for this other than ourselves. We have the huge appetite for oil, our government is just doing everything in its power to feed our appetite. Instead of spending all of your energy and time hating Bush, you guys should be researching alternative power sources for us! That should stop the killing eventually! lol

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Mr Bush is in my opinion - Dangerous. He is working by someone elses rules and I feel not his Dads.

The sooner he's relieved of command the sooner mid-east and Asian tempers will settle. As for Germany and France, well seems to me their asking for fairness and absolute honesty from the US of A.

Even Laura Bush as the next President will show a more positive path for the US People and the World and it's Leaders. Simply due to her knowledge of ex-Presidential affairs to the US and World Peoples.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
It's survival of the fittest. All of you hippies would be the first ones crying when there's no gas to fill your VW Beetles.

I don't think so. The hippies wouldn't care about fuel. They'd just just park the VW Bus right where it died, roll up a "J", gobble down some caps, break out the frisbee and call it home. The first one's who'd be cryin' would be all the SUV, Hummer & non-diesel Gas Guzzler Fat Cat's who were rich enough to buy the expensive toys but not rich enough to be considered one of the elite criminals who would be controlling those precious few last barrels that are left.

Just be thankful we have the kind of leadership that looks at the big picture, and the future. It's a dirty world and unfortunately sometimes you have to step on a few throats to get by.

Screw that!! You can be thankful if you want to but I never once wanted nor requested that sort of so-called leadership. That "Big Picture" that you're talking about doesn't include me and whether you believe it or not, it doesn't include you or the majority of the rest of the world either. These people, if you can even call them that, don't give a rat's ass about anyone or anything aside from themselves and their status within their "order".

So until all of us fat Americans start living better lives and not requiring so many of the world's resources, then this is the way its gotta be. We have no one else to blame for this other than ourselves. We have the huge appetite for oil, our government is just doing everything in its power to feed our appetite. Instead of spending all of your energy and time hating Bush, you guys should be researching alternative power sources for us! That should stop the killing eventually! lol

That was, for the most, a fairly true and accurate statement. It's got some holes in it, but nothing so important that it's worth pointing out or discussing IMO.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Iraq has connections to 9-11, and that's the reason the US is over there ?

Now that's conspiracy theory per definition.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Logic of Bush Administration

Clearly the only link Bush Administration established between Iraq and Al-Qaeda is very close to this cartoon below:

Logical?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

cryptorsa1001 is a genius! He/she has it completely right. It's survival of the fittest. All of you hippies would be the first ones crying when there's no gas to fill your VW Beetles. Just be thankful we have the kind of leadership that looks at the big picture, and the future. It's a dirty world and unfortunately sometimes you have to step on a few throats to get by. So until all of us fat Americans start living better lives and not requiring so many of the world's resources, then this is the way its gotta be. We have no one else to blame for this other than ourselves. We have the huge appetite for oil, our government is just doing everything in its power to feed our appetite. Instead of spending all of your energy and time hating Bush, you guys should be researching alternative power sources for us! That should stop the killing eventually! lol

Japan did the very same thing in WW2. Why was that an outrage? Oh yeah, because it was us white guys that would have our throats stepped on.

I do not feel we have the right to STEAL resources off any one. If my life style has to change because we have to pay more for oil then so-be-it. We have ZERO right to do what we have done in Iraq and I will not stand by our leaders for it.

If we run out of oil, cry me a river and get over it. We have the technology to fix the ramafications but these so called leaders still want to make money from their old stomping ground - oil - before they fleece us with thier new energy sources.

Souljah, that cartoon has made my day. Thanks

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

cryptorsa1001 is a genius! He/she has it completely right. It's survival of the fittest. All of you hippies would be the first ones crying when there's no gas to fill your VW Beetles.

So, if I understand your Theory Correct you are going to Approve the following Scenario:

"Your Mother goes to the Store, but apparently there is a Robber in this Store, armed with a Shotgun and he IS currently the FITTEST in this Store. He shoots everybody inside to get hands on the Money and Runs Away. Your Mother and Several Others are DEAD. Survival of the Fittest? Only the Strong survive, right?"

Its EASY for you to talk about Topics like this, since your Familiy is no the one DYING, because some MEN are Fittest then the others.

If you would live in Iraq, I dont think you would make such a statement.

War has always been Far away from you, and thats why you dont know the Face of it.

And thats why you support it.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

cryptorsa1001 is a genius! He/she has it completely right. It's survival of the fittest. All of you hippies would be the first ones crying when there's no gas to fill your VW Beetles. Just be thankful we have the kind of leadership that looks at the big picture, and the future.

Ras, if you feel the need to be a child, please do it on another thread. I am what you call 'a Liberal Hippie'. I drive a Dodge Intrepid. 24 valve fuel injectedd sleekness. Your stereotyping is getting. Please post something meaningful to this thread without the stupid stereotypes or go post where you are welcome.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Rasputin13,

Typical bully. The other guy has what you want, but won't give you for free ......... so you just beat him up and take it. YOU are part of the reason much of the world HATES THE US !!!

===============

Souljah,

Sometimes, I see your logic of thought quite clear, other times you really piss me the hell off (I think those are from not catching just what you are saying tho :=). This time, I see the logic in your store analogy. Sadly, however, the analogy (albeit it I see it clearly) will not work for most Americans because of the ignorance termed "it won't happen to me".

===============

mOjOm,

Thank you for the "take" scenario rebuttal. I've always found it quite ridiculous how Hitler I mean Bush proponents ALWAYS manage to convince themselves that I, a hippy (served military, hippy-bashers need not attempt a flame) am quite incapable of any thought process without their help. Ugh.

Oh, here (careful, is Red-Hair)

===============

The Story Itself,

I find it, appauling, that all these people saying this SHOULD have been done even tho it is admittedly a war deemed necessary by lies, are so friggen blinded by those they follow that the fact Bushco has BLATATNLY LIED just to get what it wants is just not a problem. Have you people EVER known of anyone that would lie JUST ONCE, and never again? Do you REALLY think that this is/was the only lie going on? Does it not bother you that your leaders are two-faced con artists, now obviously, out for themselves (that's what lying revolves around, getting what the liar wants). Does it not bother you in the least bit what else you are being lied to about? Are you so wrapped up in doing what you are told and believeing what you are told that you never ponder what else is going on in your own government? Is the "now" the ONLY thing you think of? Do you never think about how this fashion of government is affecting YOUR CHILDREN?!?!?!

===============

Dammit, mOjOm is there any left? I just went and got all pissed off again.

Kidfinger - nice find (snicker snicker, lol). I would vote a yes for it (obviously being my statements, and your writing is logical to me) but I don't see anything about doing that? But, you of all people know I need double-layered coke bolttles, heh.

===============

...."Republican rent-a-forum-trolls" ........ LMFAO

===============

Zieg Heil

Misfit

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Rasputin13, thanks for the compliment but I am not a genius. I am just seeing history repeat itself again. You are totally correct in that only the fittest survive.

A good example of history repeating itself is what happened in America. America was very rich in furs, lumber and other natural resources that could make a man and a country very rich. The French, Spanish, English and after its independence America tried to control and conquer America. All of the mentioned countries used the Indians to there advantage and when they where done with them they killed them. After the Louisiana Purchase from the leader of France named Napoleon Bonaparte Hamilton sent the Lewis and Clark expedition to explore the newly acquired land. Lewis and Clark were instructed to tell the Indians that they were living on American territory and were required to help the expedition. My long winded point here is that all countries engage in warfare to expand their interests and to gain natural resources for wealth and to maintain there way of life. The only difference is that we now have global instantaneous communications around the globe enabling citizens of the various countries on this planet to know the real truth as to why things happen.

I am quite sure that when man has the technology to travel in space that countries will fight over newly found resources on the moon or mars.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
A good example of history repeating itself is what happened in America. America was very rich in furs, lumber and other natural resources that could make a man and a country very rich. .

[snip for brevity]

It's hard to make out which side of the fence you are speaking from, are you condoning or critisizing the propagation of the ways we have been?

The ways humans have been is worse than barabaric - it's damn well juvenile (that being worse considering the leaders and peoples of decision of countries are adults) ........ it's mine, no it's mine, no it's ...........

Misfit

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Grady:

Regardless, as Bush stated in his first State of the Union address after 9/11, America did not have the luxury of finding out about WMD capabilities of any nation after one went off in a major American city.

No one is responsible for the decision to invade Iraq more than Saddam himself.

You always give me a good smile, Grady. I sure hope you're actually getting somehow paid by the Administration to support their silly lies.

Who is responsible for the Illegal Invasion of Iraq?

A: Saddam. Because he's EEEEEEEVIL

LOL

Like some kind of Dr Seuss book, so simple.

jako

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

t's hard to make out which side of the fence you are speaking from, are you condoning or critisizing the propagation of the ways we have been?

I believe that warfare is murder. Most if not all wars are started over by greed or the need for natural resources. Man is not going to learn to live harmoniously with each other. My above posts are just stating what I believe to be the ways of the world. I do not condone murder for any reason other than self defense. I am powerless to make changes by myself and most others are fighting over wether democrats are better than republicans or vise versa when what people should be talking about is human nature. The nature of man is being aggressive, that is how we humans got to the top of the food chain. Mankinds nature is sorta like this. You have a boat that just sank with 20 survivors and only room for 10 on the survival boat. The 10 that did not make it on are not going to just wait to drown they are going to try to get on that boat anyway that they can to save themselves.

They have to fight to survive. Countries act in very much the same way. the US needs oil or it is finished. Getting oil for its economy is a matter of survival. How are you going to stop what is going on from happening. How would you have reacted (assuming you are living in the US) if Bush told the truth and said it is in our strategic interests to invade and occupy Iraq due to its oil reserves and geographical location on the planet?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001

I believe that ............

Thank you for taking the time to clarify that for me.

Have never been one to make statements to or of another because of what "I think" they meant.

Damn 2005 and the closest PC technology has gotten to inflection is these stupid little smileys, lol

Misfit

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
To whom ever sent the 'No:Biased' vote. Would you please care to explain how this story is to biased for ATSNN? I have stated nothing but facts in my opening paragraph. While my opinon paragraph may have been biased, it is allowed to be so.

I think it was actually me, i am not even certain what i voted last night, was too tired, but yes your story should have been voted yes even if i do not agree with your points.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ok...first it was because Saddam had, "without a doubt", weapons of mass destruction.

Then it was because Saddam was a threat to the US.

Then it was that we were there to liberate the Iraqi people.

Now it's because of 9/11??

I think someone needs to get their facts straight.

No wonder why 60% of Americans are now against the Iraqi war.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
As i remember correctly president Bush did say that Saddam posed an imminent threat to the US.

What i don't understand is why so many people around here are so willing to dismiss the following evidence.

Putin Says Iraq Eyed Attacks on America
By Simon Saradzhyan
STAFF WRITER

MOSCOW - Giving an unexpected boost to U.S. President George W. Bush's claim that Saddam Hussein's regime had posed a threat to the United States, President Vladimir Putin said Friday that Russian intelligence agencies had received information that Iraq was planning terrorist attacks against American targets and warned U.S. intelligence.

The announcement appeared to surprise the Bush administration, which is under fire in an election year for still not proving Hussein's regime had weapons of mass destruction or links to al-Qaida, which carried out the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

"After the events of Sept. 11, 2001, and before the start of the military operation in Iraq, intelligence repeatedly received information that the official services of the Saddam regime were preparing terrorist acts against military and civil targets on the territory of the United States and beyond," Putin told reporters Friday in the Kazakh capital, Astana, where he was attending a security summit of several former Soviet republics.

Putin said the information had been passed on to U.S. intelligence and that Bush had personally thanked a Russian intelligence chief for it.

Excerpted from.
www.sptimes.ru...

Let's read some more.

From the Taupei Times article linked to below:
"The Gulf War never ended for Saddam Hussein. He is at war with the United States. We were repeatedly told this."

Former Iraqi general, who spoke on condition of anonymity

Iraqi defectors say that Saddam trained terrorists for attacks against US and EU
STILL AT WAR: One of the men making the allegations was a lieutenant general and used to be one of the most senior officers in the Iraqi intelligence service

NY TIMES NEWS SERVICE, NEW YORK

Two defectors from Iraqi intelligence said Wednesday that they had worked for several years at a secret Iraqi government camp that had trained Islamic terrorists in rotations of five or six months since 1995.

They said the training in the camp, south of Baghdad, was aimed at carrying out attacks against neighboring countries and possibly Europe and the US.

The defectors, one of whom was a lieutenant general and was once one of the most senior officers in the Iraqi intelligence service, the Mukhabarat, said they did not know if the Islamic militants being trained at the camp, known as Salman Pak, were linked to Osama bin Laden.

Excerpted from.
www.intelmessages.org...

Here is the Taipei link...

www.taipeitimes.com...

Shall we look for more evidence that Saddam was a threat to the US just as president Bush said?

Let's see some more links between Saddam, terrorism and Al Qaeda.

Saddam Hussein’s al Qaeda Connections

As for Hussein’s supposedly imaginary ties to al Qaeda, consider these disturbing facts:

· The Philippine government expelled Hisham al Hussein, the second secretary at Iraq’s Manila embassy, on February 13, 2003. Cell phone records indicate that the Iraqi diplomat had spoken with Abu Madja and Hamsiraji Sali, leaders of Abu Sayyaf, just before and just after their al Qaeda-allied Islamic militant group conducted an attack in Zamboanga City. Abu Sayyaf’s nail-filled bomb exploded on October 2, 2002, injuring 23 individuals and killing two Filipinos and U.S. Special Forces Sergeant First Class Mark Wayne Jackson, age 40. As Dan Murphy wrote in the Christian Science Monitor last February 26, those phone records bolster Sali’s claim in a November 2002 TV interview that the Iraqi diplomat had offered these Muslim extremists Baghdad’s help with joint missions.[19]

· The Weekly Standard’s intrepid reporter Stephen F. Hayes noted in the magazine’s July 11, 2003, issue that the official Babylon Daily Political Newspaper published by Hussein’s eldest son, Uday, had revealed a terrorist connection in what it called a “List of Honor” published a few months earlier.[20] The paper’s November 14, 2002, edition gave the names and titles of 600 leading Iraqis and included the following passage: “Abid Al-Karim Muhamed Aswod, intelligence officer responsible for the coordination of activities with the Osama bin Laden group at the Iraqi embassy in Pakistan.” That name, Hayes wrote, “matches that of Iraq’s then-ambassador to Islamabad.”

Excerpted from.
ao.hudson.org...

There are more than enough reasons for having ousted Saddam from power.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Logic of Bush Administration

Clearly the only link Bush Administration established between Iraq and Al-Qaeda is very close to this cartoon below:

Logical?

You know what, this is absolutly logical and I dont see why you have to flame Bush like this. Gosh.
NUKES=PEACE in a perverted way

I thought the war was about:

|Oil
||Oil for food
|||Terror (9/11)
||||Getting the pres Saddam Insane out of there
|||||Making Bush feal special and go into History even though were all going to be blown up anyway.
||||||WE WERE FIGHTING TWO WARS against the terrorists and Saddam
|||||||We like going to war because in some strange way we gain control, favor (exept its not really working this time) and money
||||||||The potensial neke threat even though Bush said that he never really had any hard core evedence.
||||||||We can never kill all of the terrorists, (Sorry Bush)
|||||||||Isnt the /Truth the hardest thing to face? To admit?
||||||||||Ill think of some more
|||||||||||The Potensial Nuke threat even though Bush admitted to never really having any Hard Core evidence that they did or were building Nukes
||||||||||||Arent we being very Hippocriticle when we tell other contrys to disarm themself and we will all be happy and have PEACE wile we are shoving a Herosheama in there face.
Subtle= "Reamember?" 'Now do it
[edit on 20-6-2005 by The Surrealist]

[edit on 20-6-2005 by The Surrealist]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What in the world are you talking about?.....

This is really getting stupid....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join