It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was wondering about somethin I saw on tv a few year ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
A few years ago I saw something on UPN 9 about a family that lived in a cabin in the middle of the woods and aliens landed around there house. Somebody was recording everything that was going on. oh well to make a long story short, at the end the guy with the camera so something that made him drop the camera and when the camera dropped it caught a gilmpse of the ufo. At the end of the program it said that the people who were in the house were never seen again all they found was the tape. I was wondering if anybody so this before and if so do you think it was real.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Sounds similar to Blair Witch Project which of course isnt true.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Sounds similar to Blair Witch Project which of course isnt true.

No it was not the blair witch project it was something else, the thing I saw was around 1998-1999.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I know i said it sounds similar not it is.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I know i said it sounds similar not it is.

I remember looking at this and it looked so real. Firlst everybody was panicking because they hearing something walking around the house. But only one person was calm throughout the thing. It was a little girl who looked like she was 7 years old. All she kept telling everybody was to stay calm but nobody couldn't control there fear.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I saw that also. At some point one of the people got a shotgun and, if I remember right, blew some holes in the walls. My impression was that this was a fake. I say this because the disappearances of these people never made the news.

NAZI ANTARCTIC UFO'S

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Incident in Lake County?

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I've seen this video before, too, but I think it was proven to be entertainment along the lines of Orson Welles' 1938 'War of the Worlds' broadcast. I say this with a fair degree of confidence because I also remember seeing photos of the kids standing next to the 'aliens' in press photos.

HOWEVER... There IS a very famous UFO/alien case that involved a family (and guests) that was surrounded by a group of aliens one night out on their Kentucky farm. For several hours, the men kept firing their weapons at the aliens as they tried to come through the windows of the farmhouse. Eventually, the family escaped and got the police, who noticed that the house was shot up but didn't see any aliens.

Now, many UFOlogist find this story too outlandish to be true, but other investigators found the witnesses to be very believable and respected by the community.

I believe (and my memory is rusty, here) that this happened in Hopkinsville, KY in 1955.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by planetlegend
A few years ago I saw something on UPN 9 about a family that lived in a cabin in the middle of the woods and aliens landed around there house. Somebody was recording everything that was going on. oh well to make a long story short, at the end the guy with the camera so something that made him drop the camera and when the camera dropped it caught a gilmpse of the ufo. At the end of the program it said that the people who were in the house were never seen again all they found was the tape. I was wondering if anybody so this before and if so do you think it was real.

It was determined to be a hoax. Too bad Scare Tactics on Sci Fi isn't a hoax.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Before anyone goes testifying to its reality or falseness would it be too much to ask that we identify what we are talking about first. Are you all sure you are on the same track? At the moment it sounds very similiar to the MacPherson family video which as discusssed before is just a movie not even a fake.

So has anybody got something to help us pin its identity down?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   
are you on about the McFearson tape? i saw that on ages ago where a family gets taken away by aliens. Looked abit fake to me thou, its was better then the blair witch project.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hi there - been reading the site since i found it a few days ago.

Hope this is appropriate - I think I saw the same show aired on BSkyB last year - the kid with the video and the sudden ending is a definate reminder. As i recall I wondered what i was seeing - until the end with the catch - "all the events are fictional" in the credits.

Pretty sure if this was the same show - it was an infotainment tytpe film produced in the wake of the X Files success. Plus it was being aired on a movie channel - not on any of the "serious" channels.

Just to say in addition Im pleased with what I have been reading on the site - a very pleasant mix of sceptisim without ridicule and balanced thought out replies. Looking forward to contributing where possible and enjoying my time here.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Only, i've seen the kentucky story on the History Channel before. The one thing that strikes me as odd is that this took place in a time whn alot of people, especially kentucky farmers, had no preconception of ufo's. Also, the entre family confirmed the same story, time and time again. Why the hell would you shoot up your house? For fun? I think not.

ID

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I say this because the disappearances of these people never made the news.

Let me ask you this, if it really did happen do you think their disappearances would ever get the local news?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Is there any way to get a link so I can watch this via the internet? Sounds pretty cool...gonna have to go do a search

Oh, the video is called:

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County

Just so we all know we are on the same track and yes, this is just a movie made for TV

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Only, i've seen the kentucky story on the History Channel before. The one thing that strikes me as odd is that this took place in a time whn alot of people, especially kentucky farmers, had no preconception of ufo's. Also, the entre family confirmed the same story, time and time again. Why the hell would you shoot up your house? For fun? I think not.

Yes, the more I think about it, the more I think this was a 'true' case/story. However, it should be noted that the aliens the people saw were not classic greys... rather, the creatures had big ears and claws. So, was this a one time visit by a rare (to these parts) species? I'm always fascinated by how often you see non-nordic/reptilian/grey aliens in the old reports. I imagine that reports of 'elven' aliens vastly outnumber reports of reptiles, even (though not greys, who seem to be a midtown train away from us). Actually... I have a couple books on raw UFO statistics at home... I'll check when I get off of work.

EDIT: PS, Gore and I are talking about an actual UFO/alien incident from the 50s, not the "Incident at..." video. The reason I brought up the Kentucky thing is because I imagine the plot of the video was taken from it.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Do you even see the witch in the Blair Witch Project?

I haven't seen the UFO tape that you are talking about.

EDIT: I cannut speel

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by RamenSaurus]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i also watched this when i was about ten it scared the crap out of me and still does that was funny when the camera man wet himself

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

but I think it was proven to be entertainment along the lines of Orson Welles' 1938 'War of the Worlds' broadcast.

Right on the money...

And yes, it was based "loosely" on an actual reported case.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I remember seeing it awhile ago. I liked it. Of course its only for entertainment value, or else it wouldnt be on UPN.

top topics

join