It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change Of Heart (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I place here for all to peruse an article detailing the move in opinion of one of the members of the US Congress who brought us Freedom Fries.

news.bbc.co.uk
“A pro-Iraq war US congressman who campaigned for French fries to be renamed "freedom fries" is now calling for US troops to return home from Iraq.
Republican Representative Walter Jones is to introduce legislation demanding a timetable for the withdrawal.
The renaming of fries in Capitol Hill's cafeterias in March 2003 expressed disapproval among some US lawmakers with France's opposition to the war.”
"I just feel that the reason of going in for weapons of mass destruction, the ability of the Iraqis to make a nuclear weapon, that's all been proven that it was never there."
He said his change of heart about the war came after he attended the funeral of a US sergeant killed in Nasiriya, Iraq, in April 2003. Mr Jones said he was moved by the soldier's widow who read out her husband's last letter.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find this interesting as it shows that there is a growing altering of opinion in the US towards the war in Iraq.

This is a previously staunch war supporter stating that he feels that the war in Iraq was not perhaps right

[edit on 13-6-2005 by BillHicksRules]

[edit on 13-6-2005 by BillHicksRules]

join