It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zion Oil Uses God and the Bible to Find Petroleum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

KIBBUTZ MAANIT, Israel — John Brown believes he'll find oil in central Israel, although he has no scientific data or particular experience in the drilling business on which to base that.
The Dallas native is a relative novice in the energy industry. He says he'll find oil because his reading of the Bible tells him it's right here — under Maanit, an inland plain northeast of Tel Aviv, where he began drilling last month.

"God sent me for one purpose: to help Israel with oil," says Brown, a born-again Christian, as he leafs through his Bible.

Brown says he received divine inspiration, starting his company, Zion Oil, to help Israel become energy-independent. "I believe God talked to me."
Pierce's conclusion: "Zion has a strong probability of making a significant discovery of some 484 million barrels of oil."

USA Today

Faith-based oil drilling must be a pretty new concept. Apparently they've found natural gas deposits, but no oil yet. The latest drilling probably has the best chance and could strike a big oil deposit that might make Israel petroleum self-sufficient for several years.

[edit on 6/12/2005 by djohnsto77]

join