It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

live 8 concert for African debt relief

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
30,000 children dying every single day...and we're having concerts? thats what the human race has come to...playing concerts to raise money...?

whats the point in raising money if the money goes straight to currupt governments of the african countries and a tiny percentage of the civilians actualy see the money or food or medicine that it buys?

we may as well be burning the money on a fire if you give it to those governments. by all means raise money, but think about ways of getting it to the people that need it.

I hear you! it is for reasons like you mentioned that i am taking as little interest in this as possible. It is all over the T.V. and papers, so it is kind of hard.
Like you said, people are dying in whopping numbers.... and we are having concerts and feeling like saints about it!

And when it is all over with, it will slowly die down, the celebrities will have had their exposure, the public will feel like they have done their good deed for another 20 years or so, but people will still go on dying! And the money that will be pledged will probably not make any real difference for those people.

I also have fears for the events themselves, but that is another matter.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Does anyone have any other ideas? Should the US send its military in? Should the US taxpayers spend trillions to get africa out of poverty? Or maybe we should do nothing. In 50 years most africans will die from aids or malnutrition and then it won't be a problem anymore.

I do not believe that these concerts are going to solve all of Africas problems but this is a start abd only a start. The thing that I like about live 8 is that the organizers want to get the richest 8 countries on this planet involved instead of just raising money because real change will not happen untill the world community becomes involved. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
well if you have currupt governments america knows one new way of getting rid of them...however, in the passed america have gotten rid of these government with deplomacy, yet there's no way you could ever go to war with those countries.

aids is a huge problem in africa and its not getting much better. lets face it its one #ed up continent. extreme poverty. famine. aids spreading like wild fire. and its bloody hot there in the summers.

but to have this in the 21st century, to have people living like that, while we live how we do. but that's life. what ya gonna do? if we cant make poverty history in our own countries such as america and the uk then how the hell are we ever going to make it history in the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
These concerts are to raise awareness of extreme poverty which we and only we can change. Heres a few ways how:

#1. Help the debted nations help themselves to remove the corrupt governments and dictatorships.

#2. Remove western companies including UK/USA companies which rake in millions upon millions in the natural resources including diamonds, oil, raw uranium etc. from Africa.

#3. Send over real aid. Food, water and medicine using our own military vehicles. This will help (I believe) more than money ever will.

peace

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
if the concerts were to 'raise awareness' as you say, and bono said last night on newsnight, wearing his funny little glasses, then there would be african acts on the live 8 tour. i hear there's going to be one held in africa but why should that be the only one with african acts...all of them should have them. that would be raising awareness. this is just another thing where celebrities and musicians can feel like they're saving the world. if any awareness is being raised, then its the awareness of celebrities who need a career boost. how about bono taking a little chunk out of his vast fortune to kick start something... ''there are kids dying right now, we need your help and money...alright was that good? cheers...i'll be off back to one of my houses now, drive back in my fast sports car, and buy another s**t pair of expensive sun glasses''....

those companies you talk of that take natural resources, some also pay off the local rebel groups to let them mine there, so thats just another way those groups are funded. the money from these huge corporations need to be fed back in to the local towns, cities etc.

send in aid by military assistance...sounds so simple. that's because it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
You have voted Hunting Veritas for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Hunting Veritas, have you read A Century Of War : Anglo-American Oil Politics and the New World Order?

I do believe that any attempt to raise awareness of what is going on that will help people get out of the grip of big bankers hands is good. Will it help? Time will tell.

I second that emotion! You have voted Hunting Veritas for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Also on the list of must reads - Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins.

Poverty is created and managed by the corporatocracy to further its own agenda of greed, greed, greed and worldwide political agendas. Poverty could be vanquished if the will were there...but its not. This was an amazing eye-opening read.

Here is an excerpt: Economic hitmen are highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. Their tools include fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex and murder. John Perkins should know - he was an economic hitman. His job was to convince countries that are strategically important to the U.S. - from Indonesia to Panama - to accept enormous loans for infrastructure development, and to make sure that the lucrative projects are contracted to U.S. corporations. Saddled with huge debts, these countries came under the control of the United States government, World Bank, and other U.S. dominated aid agencies that acted like loan sharks - dictating repayment terms and bullying foreign governments into submission. "

Listen to a live John Perkins interview on www.spyman.ca

[edit on 17/6/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Mega
. Or even overthrowing some of the brutal dictators or something? Why not?
[edit on 3/6/2005 by Vis Mega]

Ummm. That's what the US and UK (and other allies) are doing right now in Iraq and people gripe about that, remember?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001

LONDON - Four members of seminal British rock band Pink Floyd will play together for the first time in 24 years at London's Live 8 charity concert for Africa on July 2, publicists for the event said on Sunday.

advertisement
Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and keyboard player Richard Wright will be on stage with bassist Roger Waters for their first public performance since they played at London's Earls Court in 1981.

Yeah, no matter what you think o fthe reason for the show pink floyd getting together even if it is one show is good news.

AMEN to that my man.

Yeah, That's what I was thinking.

Anyways, As for that conspiricy article.. what the hell is up with the Final Fantasy type pictures at the top?

[edit on 17-6-2005 by Ksnazdnzon]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   

well if you have currupt governments america knows one new way of getting rid of them...however, in the passed america have gotten rid of these government with deplomacy, yet there's no way you could ever go to war with those countries.

aids is a huge problem in africa and its not getting much better. lets face it its one #ed up continent. extreme poverty. famine. aids spreading like wild fire. and its bloody hot there in the summers.

but to have this in the 21st century, to have people living like that, while we live how we do. but that's life. what ya gonna do? if we cant make poverty history in our own countries such as america and the uk then how the hell are we ever going to make it history in the rest of the world.

Remove the banking system. Yes, its that simple.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

those companies you talk of that take natural resources, some also pay off the local rebel groups to let them mine there, so thats just another way those groups are funded. the money from these huge corporations need to be fed back in to the local towns, cities etc.

So how can you remove a company from a place??

send in aid by military assistance...sounds so simple. that's because it is.

Just about as simple as the people removing fractional banking from the globe.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas

Exactement, HV! And for anyone who is interested, please listen to these fascinating interviews. Sydney White, a journalist and lecturer, is a member of the Committee on Monetary and Economic Reform. She is extremely knowledgable and lectures on the history of money and usuary and links assassinations throughout history to the moneychangers. She goes into great depth on who funds wars and why. The banking cartels are the worst of the offenders worldwide. The interest that governments pay on money that really shouldn't be paid because it is simply printed could feed the world and solve every problem worldwide. And most countries have the right to coin and print their own money - the U.S. and Canada included. We were both sold out in 1913 with the creation of the Federal Reserve - a PRIVATE corporation and here in Canada through an amendment to the British North America act that was snuck through without even a vote!!!

Knowledge is power guys!!

Sydney White - Usuary and Banking cartels

Sydney White - the Assassinations

Eustace Mullins - Secrets of the Federal Reserve

[edit on 18/6/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

Exactement, HV! And for anyone who is interested, please listen to these fascinating interviews. Sydney White, a journalist and lecturer, is a member of the Committee on Monetary and Economic Reform. She is extremely knowledgable and lectures on the history of money and usuary and links assassinations throughout history to the moneychangers. She goes into great depth on who funds wars and why. The banking cartels are the worst of the offenders worldwide. The interest that governments pay on money that really shouldn't be paid because it is simply printed could feed the world and solve every problem worldwide. And most countries have the right to coin and print their own money - the U.S. and Canada included. We were both sold out in 1913 with the creation of the Federal Reserve - a PRIVATE corporation and here in Canada through an amendment to the British North America act that was snuck through without even a vote!!!

Knowledge is power guys!!

Sydney White - Usuary and Banking cartels

Sydney White - the Assassinations

Eustace Mullins - Secrets of the Federal Reserve
[edit on 18/6/05 by AlwaysLearning]

I cannnot access the interviews??

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What about starving aliens? Don't they deserve help?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
pandoras_box, I have set up a not for profit organization to help the starving aliens. Send me a u2u and I will send you an address to send your cash to. i will make sure it is sppent the best way possible. Thank you for your sincere concerns.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I uploaded Eustace Mullins a couple of weeks ago and I guess the link expired. The others should be okay though. Scroll down and click on free download.

Just in case, I've found another site and am in the process of uploading them again. Will post asap.

Just watching the moneymasters video and its EXCELLENT! Start up a thread and post 'em there!!!! I'll do the same with these links as well.

Good stuff, buddy! I love talking about this and getting the word out. Must the best kept secret of all time. With our efforts we help change that...one person at a time!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
They want our voice not our money because most of the money that the first "live aid" concert made was stolen and dictators and used against the people...i hate "stars"...

You are wrong. It was EEC aid that was being taken, and that was before Band Aid.

The Band Aid Trust has been going for 20 years. They purchased emergency supplies and made sure that it went to the people who were starving to death.

Now other charities including the Red Cross make applications to the Band Aid Trust for particular projects.

There was a great story on TV the other night about Geldof going to see the Ethiopian president and told him "You're a c**t". More recently, he told e-bay to "f**k off".

He's also against the UK joining the Euro (he's anti NWO).

When he was a kid, his mum died when he was 7, so Geldof used to go out at night and help the homeless. He was also in CND.

Geldof is the biggest hero in the world!

[edit on 21-6-2005 by tommyc]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I had trouble with the uploads, but problem solved now. The interviews have been reposted in the thread Let's pop the bubble of ignorance... Please listen!

Am reposting an interview with John Perkins who wrote Confessions of an Economic Hitman. This is a must read in order to understand the plight of the 3rd world and poverty...and the stranglehold the World Bank/IMF have on countries around the world.

John Perkins

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I will be there on Saterday.

Philly is expecting over 1 million people. It should be a good time. I'm not giving any money so I really don't care about the politics involved

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
where's the concerts raising money for "our" starving children right here at "home".... when that one comes around let me know... I'll gladly donate...

you're not actualy comparing American poverty with African poverty are you? lol If so, it's quite amusing.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
American Mad Man, have a good time. If you take a digital camera post a few pics and tell us about the show. I wish I was going to be at the Toronto show so I could see Neil Young.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join