It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concern over rise of 'happy slapping' craze (moved from ATSNN)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I watched a good documentary about the Happy Slapping craze, it was hosted by Trevor MacDonald and is available to download on some of the UK torrent sites.
It now seems to be getting out of hand in the UK and two teenagers have just been jailed for attemted murder because of it. Not only are people getting slapped any more, kids seem to think it is funny to go as far as setting people on fire and recording it to get there sick little kicks. Im only 26 but when I was a kid the worst we would do was knock on doors and run away, or wrap dogs dirt in paper and set it on fire on someones doorstep and knock and run and watch them have to stamp it out. We never intentionally went out to physically assault people, and looking back now the old dog dirt thing was possibly quite dangerous I suppose.

In the documentary they interveiwed some of the culprits of the craze, if I could get my hands on some of them I would love to slap them about for two minutes and then watch them run home to their mummies crying like the little snot rags they are. They are all very big and brave when the roam about in groups of 10 - 15 but if you got them 1 on 1 they wouldnt even think about trying it.

It is now at the stage where people are having their ear drums burst, eye sockets smashed and jaws broken by these little yobs. I know im starting to sound like my father(oh my God!!!) but I really think that if schools brought the belt back, and boot camps were brought in for these nasty little twats, we might be able to put in a little bit of discipline back into the lives of these people. I know corporal punishment is a sensitive subject but surely at some point we have to draw a line as to how far children are allowed push the boundaries and get away with it with nothing more than a telling off.

I'd like to know other peoples opinion's about the corporal punishment, boot camp and even some sort of national service to possibly try to restore some values and discipline back into a generation that seems to have no respect for anything, any comments would be appreciated.

The documentary is available for download here if anyone is interestedHappy slapping

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Thus Spaketh The Prophets

Originally posted by SourGrapes
I recently moved to WI and was astonished at how cordial people are here. Then I found out why.

"An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Thats what Ted Nuegents always saying.

I can accept "happy slapping" if its done among friends who do it for 'fun' but to slap random people is just plain abusive

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hey, in the Japanese Anime Trigun there is an episode where these guys are going to rob a bank. Why? No law enforcement, so they think hey, no cops, no troubles. But as they find out, everyone has a gun, and that is why there is no law enforcement cause they don't them, they all have guns.

Or in my Gun Grabbers topic, there is a town in Georgia where it is illegal to NOT own a handgun for protection, lowest crime rate in the state.

WHich country has the lowest crime rate in the world? Thats right! The one with the most guns per person!

In Florida they made it legal to carry guns, so criminals started goiong after tourists.

In Texas again made legal to carry. Some stores didn't like guns so they put up signs "No Guns Allowed" and guess who gets robbed? The place with a billion dollars sitting on a table that allows guns or a place with 5 dollars inside a 50 foot thick safe that doesn't allow guns? That billion is safe, without a safe.

Or as the political cartoon has it, 2 criminals breaking into a house. "I hope they pass those new gun laws, I almost don't feel safe doing this anymore."

Or in Australia, they ban guns, crime rate goes up, violent crime goes up, and now trying to ban swords, knives, daggers, machettes, and anything else with an edge.

In England, same damn thing!!! Ban guns, crime goes up.

To the guy who blames Jackass and CKY, WTF?!? WHere do they do around beating women? They may streak, or start humping things, but beat people? Nope. There is a difference between crapping on a glass window of a New York City resteraunt while people are eating and beating 41 year old men close to death.

Also, happy slappers aren't just in UK, but here to, I think. Me and a friend were out in Toledo, he was dragging me to every club he knew of. He is white, but he can dance, so I usually just sit and get bored. Anyways, he went to a ATM to get more money and 4 idiots walk up and start bugging him, one with a camera. I wasn't there, I was sitting on a bench, so I guess they didn't see me. ANyways, I hear the noise walk over, they pushing Devin around being idiots. I tap one on the shoulder, he turns around, kick him in the nuts* then punch him in the head, Devin then picks one up and slams them into the ground, the other 2 run away.

It was fun, Devin and me have done Tae Kwan Do, and he was in the HS wrestling team for how ever many years he was. He is strong enough to bench press me and had no problem with some skinny dude. Now if he had been alone and/or to weak to fight back he probably would have gotten hurt, but there was yours trully, and Devin probably could have taken them anyways.

*I know, thats "wrong". But damn it, a fight is a fight, you are trying to win, not go "Oops, are you alright? I didn't mean to hurt you, need help up?". So in a fight, !WIN!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thats right, I'm a tulipwalkin, whak job, wingnut liberal. But i'm a well armed tulipwalkin, whakjob, wingnut liberal. Rednecks be warned: there will be no "happy slappin" "faggot whackin" or other violent behavior in my presence. I abhor and detest violence but I feel I have been pushed too far in the past. "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore"!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join