It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lincoln Assassinated by a Secret Society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Who killed Abraham Lincoln? We know it was John Wilkes Booth BUT was John Wilkes Booth just another pawn for a secret society? The Freemasons maybe? Or the Bavarian Illuminati? No but the Lincoln Assassination does indeed link to a secret society by the name of The Knights of the Golden Circle. John Wilkes Booth was member of this group. I haven't done a lot of research yet though on the whole subject of this more obscure secret society and its link to the Lincoln Assassination so if anyone could provide more information or website links concerning this group it would be greatly appreciated.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Born
The Freemasons maybe? Or the Bavarian Illuminati?

The Bavarian Illuminati was no longer in existence during Abe Lincoln's presidency.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Google is your friend

A search for "Knights of the Golden Circle"

Yeilded 6k+ hits

And from what I gathered they were also known as "copperheads" during the Civil War.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by Golfie]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I believe the maid did it, with a wrench in the theater.

I want to know why all of these assassins have three names.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Don't know anything about them....

I think it highly possible (though not probable in my heart of hearts) that the "conspiracy" regarding Lincoln's assasination was exactly as investigated and found out. Although there was/is some brouhaha a number of years ago that John Wilkes Booth survived and was saved by the killing of a body double.

It never ceases to amaze me, however, that there never is an assasin who operates of his own accord. Seems like people who do that kind of thiing have to be motivated by a secret conspiracy of some sort.

On the other hand, it's fun to dig into those kinds of possible conspiracies.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Don't know much about it, however, dan brown, author of the Davinci code, is making another book, about the American revolution, which figurs in the freemasons, and eventually works in the Golden Circle, and the KKK.

However, this is obviously fiction, and conspiracy fodder.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It was the Jesuits.

I have a book, Fifty Years in the "Church" of Rome, by former priest Charles Chiniquy, who was a friend of Lincoln's. Chiniquy was pretty much an honest man amongst thieves, so to speak. Some other priest falsely accused him of trying to rape his sister, and Lincoln was the lawyer who defended Chiniquy--and won. This put Lincoln on the Jesuits' hit-list, and this was in the 1850s.

I might also add that the Jesuits were the ones who instigated the Civil War. What they were trying to do was rip America apart--see, the the Vatican is actually an enemy of liberty, and our Constitution is anathema to them (though obviously they don't admit it--ecumenical movement and everything). It was the Vatican that backed the Confederacy. Lincoln knew about this because he had heard it from Samuel F. B. Morse (the Morse code guy), who'd overheard a plot in Rome. Lincoln did not tell the American people about the religious aspect, for fear that the war would turn into a much-bloodier religious war.

Here are some quotes:

This war would never have been possible without the sinister influence of the Jesuits. We owe it to Popery that we now see our land reddened with the blood of her noblest sons. Though there were great differences of opinion between the South and North, on the question of slavery, neither Jeff Davis nor any one of the leading men of the Confederacy would have dared to attack the North, had they not relied on the promise of the Jesuits, that, under the mask of Democracy, the money and the arms of the Roman Catholics, even the arms of France, were at their disposal if they would attack us.--Abraham Lincoln

"I am so glad to meet you again," he said: "you see that your friends, the Jesuits, have not yet killed me. But they would have surely done it when I passed through their most devoted city, Baltimore, had I not defeated their plans, by passing incognito a few hours before they expected me. We have the proof that the company which has been selected and organized to murder me was led by a rabid Roman Catholic, called Byrne; it was almost entirely composed of Roman Catholics; more than that, there were two disguised priests among them, to lead and encourage them. I am sorry to have so little time to see you: but I will not let you go before telling you that, a few days ago, I saw Mr. Morse, the learned inventor of electric telegraphy: he told me that when he was in Rome, not long ago, he found out the proofs of a most formidable conspiracy against this country and all its institutions. It is evident that it is to the intrigues and emissaries of the Pope that we owe, in great part, the horrible evil war which is threatening to cover the country with blood and ruins.

"I am sorry that Professor Morse had to leave Rome before he could know more about the secret plans of the Jesuits against the liberties and the very existence of this country. But do you know that I want you to take his place and continue that investigation? My plan is to attach you to my ambassador of France, as one of the secretaries. In that honourable position you would go from Paris to Rome, where you might find, through the directions of Mr. Morse, an opportunity of re-uniting the broken threads of his researches. 'It takes a Greek to fight a Greek.' As you have been twenty-five years a priest of Rome, I do not know any man in the United States so well acquainted as you are with the tricks of the Jesuits, and on the devotedness of whom I could better rely. And when, once on the staff of my ambassador, even as one of the secretaries, might you not soon yourself become the ambassador? I am in need of Christian men in every department of the public service, but more in those high positions. What do you think of that?"
--Lincoln to Pastor Chiniquy

BTW, Lincoln DID have a Constitutional right to suspend the writ of habeas corpus given the cirumstances. Article 1, Section 9

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Pro the Catholic theory not mentioned:
Surratt actually escaped and for a time hid as one of the Pope’s Swiss Guards

CON:
The men closest Lincoln didn’t buy it. In 1891 John G. Nicolay, Lincoln's former secretary, received a note from Benedict Guldner, a Jesuit priest in New York, asking two questions. Nicolay consulted John Hay, another former secretary to the President, and then replied:

To [y]our first question whether in our studies on the life of Lincoln we came upon the charge that "the assasination of President Lincoln was the work of Jesuits", we answer that we have read such a charge in a lengthy newspaper publication.

To your second question, viz: "If you did come across it, did the accusation seem to you to be entirely groundless?", we answer Yes.
It seemed to us so entirely groundless as not to merit any attention on our part.

Guldner to Nicolay, Oct. 30, 1891, John G. Nicolay Papers, Library of Congress

From this very good deconstruction of Chiniquy
-----------------------
IMO there is evidence of a wider Confederate conspiracy. Booth met with Confederate agents in Canada, it is not clear where he received his walking around money and he certainly utilized a Confederate secret service route and assets to run South. Biased sources of the time didn’t need to be convinced: the Military Commission that prosecuted the surviving conspirators tried very hard to point the finger at the Confederate Secret Service, as did the Secretary of War Edwin Stanton. Again my WAG/speculation : Booth was that link that could prove this and his death broke the chain. I know, the Commission and Stanton had all the political motive in the world to point that finger …. But it doesn’t necessarily mean that they were wrong.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Landru
Pro the Catholic theory not mentioned:
Surratt actually escaped and for a time hid as one of the Pope’s Swiss Guards

Yep, Surratt was in the Zouaves--you can usually find a picture of him in uniform if you do a Google image search.

The government was quick to cover up any Catholic connection--they wanted to keep the religion part out of it. Lincoln did not mention the conncetion during the war because he knew that the war would be even bloodier if he did. He knew that it would turn into a religious war.

I know so many people slam Lincoln today. And that's uncalled-for. Lincoln was a great President, and a Christian at that. As Lincoln himself said, the Jesuits never forgive nor forsake--and over 100 years later they're still dragging his name through the mud, like they do King James (king who commissioned the King James Bible).

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I might also add that the Jesuits were the ones who instigated the Civil War.

No, Lincoln instigated the war (Ft. Sumter was an excuse, not the cause). Until the civil war it was widely accepted that states had a right to seceed. Three of the original states even made their acceptance of union contingient upon the right of secession.

The southern states did so according to that legal theory, making them an independent nation. Lincoln refused to accept that and continued to resupply Ft. Sumter, which was now an foreign stronghold within a sovereign land. They had every right to fire on it.

All Lincoln had to do to avoid a war was to let the South go according to what was held to be a basic state's right up until that point.

But Lincoln was concerned with empire (aka the American System), and couldn't be bothered with trivialities such as law and liberty.

Lincoln was a fascist jerk who doesn't deserve to be remembered kindly.

I would encourage all who have an interest in the civil war or Lincoln to read Thomas DiLorenzo's book The Real Lincoln

[edit on 25-5-2005 by spamandham]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Funny how the Vatican was the only foreign "state" to recognize the "legitimacy" of the Confederacy!

Forget what you've been taught in school. History has been rewritten much of the time. In the case of the Civil War, it's been rewritten to make Lincoln look bad and to make Southerners think they're occupied when they're not.

Remember--deny ignorance.

I'm a Yankee, and I remember that in school, "Lincoln" and "Habeas Corpus" were always linked together, like Lincoln did something illegal--which he did NOT.

The Vatican was trying to divide and conquer. That's why Lincoln had his sights set on preserving the Union. Without the Vatican backing them up, the South would never have dared to pick a fight.

They tried to destroy our Constitution then, and they're still trying to do it now.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Take your own advice and read a real history book.

I'm a Yankee, and I remember that in school, "Lincoln" and "Habeas Corpus" were always linked together, like Lincoln did something illegal--which he did NOT.

Once the war started, there's very little Lincoln did that could be considered Constitutional other than eating and going to the bathroom daily. Lincoln was an actual dictator who threw the Constitution out lock stock and barrel. He didn't care about it at all. The only thing he cared about was preserving the Union.

The Vatican was trying to divide and conquer. That's why Lincoln had his sights set on preserving the Union. Without the Vatican backing them up, the South would never have dared to pick a fight.

The South didn't pick a fight. They simpy excercised what was an implicit right up until that point. The decision to secede was insighted by unfair tarif laws imposed by the politically dominant North. For those who don't know, there were significant northern and central secession movements at the time as well. Outside those in Washington, not many cared if the South seceded.

They tried to destroy our Constitution then, and they're still trying to do it now.

The Constitution is not the least bit imperiled by allowing Constitutional actions to proceed. Had Lincoln not decided to be a dictator, we would likely be three separate nations living peacefully together.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Take your own advice and read a real history book.

Once the war started, there's very little Lincoln did that could be considered Constitutional other than eating and going to the bathroom daily. Lincoln was an actual dictator who threw the Constitution out lock stock and barrel. He didn't care about it at all. The only thing he cared about was preserving the Union.

The South didn't pick a fight. They simpy exercised what was an implicit right up until that point. The decision to secede was caused by unfair tarif laws imposed by the politically dominant North. For those who don't know, there were significant northern and central secession movements at the time as well. Outside those in Washington, not many cared if the South seceded.

The Constitution is not the least bit imperiled by allowing Constitutional actions to proceed. Had Lincoln not decided to be a dictator, we would likely be three separate nations living peacefully together.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Another interesting hypothesis/theory about lincoln's assasination.

"They (rothschilids) also financed the civil warin an effort to force the United States into thier debt. Rather than knuckling under another Rothschild loan, though, Abraham Lincoln instead printed more currency to pay off the Union's war debts to the Rothschilds-and was fatally shot afterwards."
Taken from "Conspiranoia" by Devon Jackson.

The truth is that, the Rothschilds have a tendancy to use war to generate a profit. And in a society where money is power, profit may take precedence over human life. In this case is it possible the rothschilds put out a mob style "hit" on Lincoln?

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Who killed Abraham Lincoln? We know it was John Wilkes Booth BUT was John Wilkes Booth just another pawn for a secret society? The Freemasons maybe? Or the Bavarian Illuminati? No but the Lincoln Assassination does indeed link to a secret society by the name of The Knights of the Golden Circle. John Wilkes Booth was member of this group. I haven't done a lot of research yet though on the whole subject of this more obscure secret society and its link to the Lincoln Assassination so if anyone could provide more information or website links concerning this group it would be greatly appreciated.

Go to any major bookstore (Barnes & Noble, Strand, on and on) and read the book by David Icke "The Biggest Secret" He goes into more detail. How it was done, WHY it was done (and later redone for the same reason with JFK). After that read "And the Truth Shall Set You Free" by David Icke which adds more details surrounding the Civil War. Caleb Cushing pulled the strings in the Northern states. Albert Pike pulled the strings in the Southern states. The both met regularly in Paris before, during, and after the American Civil War.

If you can't afford the book, the bookstore on purpose allows anyone to read any book for free!
Or you can buy it and read it anytime day or night.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSecret2012

Go to any major bookstore (Barnes & Noble, Strand, on and on) and read the book by David Icke "The Biggest Secret" He goes into more detail. How it was done, WHY it was done (and later redone for the same reason with JFK). After that read "And the Truth Shall Set You Free" by David Icke which adds more details surrounding the Civil War. Caleb Cushing pulled the strings in the Northern states. Albert Pike pulled the strings in the Southern states. The both met regularly in Paris before, during, and after the American Civil War.

If you can't afford the book, the bookstore on purpose allows anyone to read any book for free!

You might also want to tell him about Icke's belive that the Government is run by green lizards/reptilians.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
The truth is that, the Rothschilds have a tendancy to use war to generate a profit. And in a society where money is power, profit may take precedence over human life. In this case is it possible the rothschilds put out a mob style "hit" on Lincoln?

Somewhere in the world right now, there's a member of the Rothschild family who is laughing to death at how much power and evil is, and has been, assigned to them by conspiracy theorists.

Is it REALLY the truth that the Rothschilds use war to generate profit, or is it your belief? I'm just saying...

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I guess you have a point seb, I guess that it is my opinion. And the opinion of many other news sources. Did you know they own most of the voting machines you use every election? Here's some sources for you, cuz I know how much you like evidence and opinions that support opinions.

sf.indymedia.org...

www.boston.com...

www.gold-eagle.com...

www.mega.nu:8080...

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

www.allaahuakbar.net...&_low_of_jewish_money_power.htm

www.jrbooksonline.com...

www.themedianews.com...

www.freedomdomain.com...

www.secretsocieties.net...

www.rense.com...

That enough...or should I keep posting? I could potentially post more sites if you really wanted. After all it's just an opinion right???

Truth: data shows the Rothschilds made money off of past wars, such as vietnam, and WWI. And they are still turning profit today.

My favorite quote from the horse's mouth

www.nmrothschild.com...

"we have been at the centre of the world's financial markets for over 200 years"

According to most sites they are the puppeteers of the politicians, a man like linclon would have no value to them, especially if he stopped the civil war that they (rothschilds) helped create, and were probably making money off of.

[edit on 29-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
According to most sites they are the puppeteers of the politicians, a man like linclon would have no value to them, especially if he stopped the civil war that they (rothschilds) helped create, and were probably making money off of.

[edit on 29-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

Lincoln started the civil war, but he didn't stop it. The south capitulated. Lincoln would have kept fighting until everyone was dead if that's what was required to 'win'.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy

Originally posted by OpenSecret2012

You might also want to tell him about Icke's belive that the Government is run by green lizards/reptilians.

How about I instead tell him about a good little thread that stopped all the smack talk about Icke?

How aPeople who havent read Ickes books need to stop pretending they know what hes about

Anyone else intrested in why Icke's books are in high demand at major bookstores, check out my last post in that thread. Its all about researching for yourself, and coming to your own conclusions after doing reading Icke's books yourself. Since they're free to read, everyone has nothing at all to lose.

I recommend starting with "The Biggest Secret" then go to "And the Truth Shall Set You Free". Icke covers litterally 100 or more subjects. The possible existance of other non-human beings is just one of them. Is this website AboveTopSecret.com only about aliens? They have a UFO section here in case you haven't noticed LOL! No, AboveTopSecret is about aliens, AND many other things... secret societies, terrorism, the bs education system, on and on.

Anyway back to the subject of this thread. ALL of Icke's info about the Civil War, and the Lincoln assassination cannot be refuted. Cannot be proven wrong. Icke lists all his sources. And no one has been able to prove him wrong. Did Caleb Cushing and Albert Pike exist? Did they have enough power to pull powerful enough strings to start the Civil War? To whack Lincoln? Is it true or false that the central bank is one big scam? (Today it's known as the Federal Reserve.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join