It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the number of the Beast really 616?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Is the number of the Beast really 616. New evidance says so.

www.axisoflogic.com...

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Nonono, it's 666.

I know a lot of people think one Bible's like another, but that's not necessarily so. There's evidence that the Authorized King James is the only accurate English translation available today. I'm aware that some modern versions are questioning the 666 and saying it might be 616.

I think this 616 stuff is disinformation. It would make it easier for people to accept the Mark of the Beast.

In another thread I indicated that the Catholic church is behind the NWO. The pope's title is VICARIVS FILII DEI--and those letters add up to 666. Also, that's Latin for Vicar of the Son of God. Vicar means substitute. Anti (as in antichrist) means in place of or against. So the title not only adds up to 666, but it literally means Antichrist.

Trust me, it's 666. I read only the King James. I stay away from the modern perversions.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I think the question stems from the recent translation of a fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the new testament, from the third century... Well before the KJV (first published in 1611). Somewhere between this older version and the newer versions, the number appears to have changed from 616 to 666... probably due to poor translation.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by Bad Mojo]

join