It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
!2 year old girl hasn't aged. Mystery disease has no name and no known cause. The little girl is the only person in the world thought to have this disease. She hasn't changed in years past the infancy stage.

www.thepittsburghchannel.com
BALTIMORE -- Imagine being frozen in time as a baby forever. It sounds impossible, but it describes Brooke Greenberg.

The Baltimore-area girl may look like a baby, but she's nearly a teenager. In most respects, Brooke looks and acts like your average 6-month-old baby -- she weighs 13 pounds and she is 27 inches long.

Brooke Greenberg, 12, weighs 13 pounds and is 27 inches long.

But Brooke is actually 12 years old, reported WBAL-TV in Baltimore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video: Doctors Puzzled Over Girl Not Aging

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooke doesn't age. Her syndrome remains undiagnosed and unnamed, and as far as doctors can tell, she is the only one in the world who has it.

Dr. Laurence Pakula has been Brooke's pediatrician since she was born.

"In height, weight, she's 6 to 12 months," Pakula said. "If you ask any physician who knows nothing about her, the response is that she is maybe a handicapped 2-year-old."

Doctors say Brooke has thrived because of the support of her parents and three sisters.

Her body may not be aging, but Brooke's health is deteriorating. She is fed through a tube, and she's had strokes, seizures, ulcers, severe respiratory problems and a tumor the size of a lemon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There are so many new things out there in the world we are learning about. I wonder if this will lead to any health breakthroughs studing about this little girls lack of aging???

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wow, this is a really interesting story. Nice find.

I'm going to see if I can find any other similar cases, although this does seem to be isolated. It is very hard to find any information about this type of case, as these types of issues tend to be hidden from the public by the family for privacy reasons, or the media ignores them because sex, politics, and religion sell more advertisements.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Horrible title and repeat I vote no

join