It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch government to arrest George W. Bush: Squashed!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Any criticism thrown in the direction of the United States of America is met with the same disdain as is evident in this thread.

It seems some of the citizens of the "Uber Vaderland' will brook no dissent whatever.
Canada doesn't like the States?....nuke 'em...
Holland got a problem with Bushco?...kill 'em all...

Good way to win hearts and minds, eh?

Hey, America, why wait for a reason?...just kill everybody now and get it over with.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Have you ever seen the Dutch ME before?? Those men are beasts. I think even their horses use steroids...

They might beat the crap out of the secret service agents.

A bit of internet bravado from an unexpected source. No one is going to "beat the crap out of" any head of state's security detail. These guys (and gals
) aren't rent-a-cops, they are professionals, and have every means at their disposal to protect said person. Horses and steroids? Sounds like a "Whopper" to me, or the byproduct of an ill advised attempt at such a "collar." Hamburger (though we know there’s no "meat").

Dismissed.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
And I am sure you have never seen these guys before. I've seen them up close (and I then decided not to stay in the area anyway)...

These guys are extremely well trained. Probably just as good as the U.S. secret service agents. And they're all at least 6'2'' and 200 pounds.

And if the Dutch do arrest Bush (hypothetically of course). There won't be any wars or battles, no invasion or anything like that. If that happens, there would be a full blown war between the U.S. and the European Union. Everybody will lose. That will not happen of course.

Btw...

If any U.S. soldier touched any one of my relatives in such a hypothetical war (that will never happen). I will personally bring down and destroy the whole U.S. army with one hand tied behind my back...

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
syntaxer, I think the proper question you should be asking is, why can't George Bush be arrested as a political prisoner by the ICC since some people disagree with his politics and want to have him arrested.

The US opted out of the ICC, so as a result we are not bound by their laws.

If Bush should be arrested for this, then Chirac should be arrested when he comes to the US for obstruction of justice.

So let me get this straight, by simply saying "I'm not going to follow the YOUR rules" one is free and clear of any implications from disobeying said rules?

If that's the case, then my daughter shouldn't be grounded for breaking curfew becuase she told me ahead of time that she didn't agree with my rule.

AND I can drive as fast as I want on any road because I've got a bumper sticker that says "I opt out of speed limiting".

Thanks junglejake, I never new it was that easy!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Mr No One

That's the USA government attitude on the spot.

Considering the government in meant to set an example for the masses, it's a miracle the US isn't a crime ridden madhouse full of people shooting at each-other.

Hey, wait a minute. It is.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
of course they would. It would be very disrespectful to this country. It would be like spitting in our face. Honestly, what American wouldn't be outraged, I think we should take a poll on this. Tell me if you are liberal or conservative or whatever else, and then tell me if you would be angry!

As a liberal libertarian registered as an independent voter, I would feel great if Bush was arrested by anybody, even the Dutch. The man is basically a free roaming premeditated mass murderer. By lying to the American public and the world concerning the threat of another nation and then sending troops off on a non-defensive attack, he squandered our military, resources, but most of all the lives of untold thousands of people who did not need to die or be maimed. There needs to be accountability and it won't happen.

Accountability for our official wrongdoings plus a clean sweep of those involved in these criminal actions needs to take place if the U.S. federal government is to have any credibility in seeing that truth and justice is carried out. New leaders with non-criminal intent need to govern the United States, not the current batch of now exposed liars.

I know I'm not supposed to quote entire posts, but I agree with you wholeheartedly, 100%, fellow liberal liberatarian. I could not have put it in better words myself. But I do honestly believe that Ryanp5555 is a little off in his/her conclusion that every American would be outraged. Actually, I mean a lot off when it comes to that. Bush has hurt and betrayed literally millions of people, he has senselessly destroyed countless American families forever, more Americans are broke and on Public Assistance now than ever before, etc...etc.... And I do know one thing for sure, and that is that my father has been a devout Conservative Republican for just about ever. He has every year that I can remember, donated very generously to the GOP. He, as would have been expected, voted for Bush in 2000. But when the war actually started, and probably a little before, he hated and I mean hated that man! And when they called on him before the last "election" in 2004 was held for his regularly expected donation, he told them that he would be happy to donate much more that year, as much as was required to ensure that Bush was [not] put back into office. And my Dad is very old, and doesn't have much of a sense of humor, nor does he change his ways easily at all. But, he and his wife, (who's not much different) went and changed their political affiliation to Democrat, so they could vote in the Primary, with hopes of gettting someone in there who might have some sort of chance at beating Bush out office.

Of course, that didn't happen, and I'm not convinced that it would have helped anyway. But, what I'm saying is that if someone like my Dad, very set in his ways, conservative, etc... saw right through the Propaganda, then even if it has taken others longer, and others are still not yet convinced, however, I bet that most Americans by now have some misgivings about their president and the war, the lies, the torturing, etc..., whether they will ever admit it out loud, or even to themselves, has yet to be seen. But I'm willing to bet that there are a higher percentage of Americans who would feel a great sense of relief if he was arrested, removed from office, whatever, because he truly is an evil man, and a threat to each and every one of us - in one way or another.

[edit on 5/7/2005 by CyberKat]
ed. to correct BB code

[edit on 7-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Attempting to arrest a POTUS, no matter how criminal, could be construed as an act of war by an administration bent on self-destruction and the eradication of diplomacy.

Don't stop there. Attempting to arrest a POTUS could be construed as an act of war by any administration.

I must apologise for what on second reading was clearly a sin of ambiguity on my part.

The construal of the act of war would be by the Bush administration, which is the one bent on self-detruction and the eradication of diplomacy. But it's clear how the Dutch interpretaion could surface from the lack of erudition on my part.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join