It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Americas first Arab-American Museum unveiled today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
First of all, unless they were born here, Arab-Americans are IMMIGRANTS. Let's get that striaght. Secondly, check your spelling and grammar before calling someone a "dumba$$".

I haven't mentioned any of my contributions to America (if there are any). So stop putting words in my post that aren't there.

If you can reel-in your irrational side for a moment, we might be able to have a civil debate...can you dig it?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Considering I can say the same thing in about 10 other languages and my mother tongue is actualy dutch your comment on language skills on a multinational forum is rather lame imho.

First of all, unless they were born here, Arab-Americans are IMMIGRANTS

This museum is opened by the Arab-American community, not by some Arabs from Saudi Arabia or Jemen. These are people, as I said, that have been in the US as long or maybe even longer as your own ancestry.

And where am I irrational? Your the one being irrational by judging and blaming people that have as much ties and ancestry with the arabs that attacked the US with 9/11 as you have with Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder to keep cool, and not to attack each other.

Stick to the topic at hand please guys

Thanks

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with having an Arab-Museum.
Arab/Middle Eastern culture is very interesting and diverse.
As long as it stays within the boundires of culture I have no
problem.

However the timing could not have been worse. Maybe they
could have waited for things to cool off a little....just my opinion.

And whoever said that Arabs have not contributed to American culture
is wrong........7/11, slurpy....ring a bell?

And on the immegration thing.......I agree to a point. Americans
are a unique race...of muts, for the most part. So unless you were
born here you are/was an immegrent. But still remember that all
our people back in the day were once immigrents..usless your Native
American

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Why would anyone have a problem with someone opening an Arab-American Museum. It's a freaking museum? What's wrong with that? There's all kinds of museums. If they can make a museum of bottlecaps or toenails, they can open an Arab-American museum.

It's funny how the people who are always beating their chests and screaming "America Uber Alles" are the ones who have the most problems with American values. You know, that whole freedom thing. So what if the countries they came from wouldn't allow an American museum? This isn't one of those countries.

Seems to me that the only reason someone would really be against this is bigotry? Seriously, I can't think of another logical reason.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
excellent perhaps this will pose some good education and historical artifacts to the American people. Knowledge is power.

I know some of you whinge about having this museum, but it isnt hurting anyone and if someone can have a museum dedicated to things like barbed wire and barbie dolls they can have this too

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
troll1 (trōl)

v., trolled, troll·ing, trolls.

v.tr.

To fish for by trailing a baited line from behind a slowly moving boat.

Posting derogatory messages about sensitive subjects on newsgroups and chat rooms to bait users into responding.

How is posting credible news trolling? I'm defending my conception of the Arab-American museum despite the fact that I presented the first post in an unbiased method. I have no intentions to 'bait' someone in debate, it's entirelly your decision to decide whether or not you will like to respond/aruge for your opinion.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have no qualms about about an Arab-American museum...initially. My concern is down the road. Many ideas start off with good intentions by good people, but are later corrupted by individuals or groups that come along.

Fear sometimes begins with a lack of understanding. Americans may not know much on the whole about our Arab countrymen and women, but that is derrived from their society's past secrecy and animosity of the west. Some aspects of their culture directly clash with our society.

It would be great if this museum accomplished its objective of informing America of Arabic culture. But considering current events, I approach the issue with a large dose of skepticsim...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join