It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHat do you think about Bob Hope being burried in Arlington?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Senator Dole suggested this today & I think he should be. Haven't heard anyone argue or protest it, but I mean c'mon! I see Bob Hope as an American Hero. He risked his life many times. As a matter of fact,he spent many holidays away from his own family to entertain our troops! IMO, the man has served in every war from WWII to Desert Storm. Why hell, if he could have done it, I'm sure he would have gone over to Iraq back in March!

The thing about Bob Hope I admire the most was, even though he was a life long Republican, he roasted every President the same. He wasn't nasty or cruel with his jokes (which were actually funny).He had taset & class, something we no longer have. My favorites is when Dean Martin ,Frank Sinatra, & Sammy Davis would appear on his specials. Dean or Frank would always flub their lines & goof on one another & try to get the other to mess up. Those were the funniest ones!

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yeah romantico we must agree here...anytime someone's longest running joke is when being interrupted by gun fire you'd say "Wonder what picture of me they saw
" lol...is definately someone who's put himself on the line.

And hail to his Republicanism...nice to see a man with common sense!

And he was entertaining troops before WWII...he tried to enlist but the army thought him better else where lol...Arlington would be a fine place but most like to be buried with their families...wonder what Bob Hope would have thought about it

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hey, his wife asked him where he wanted to be buried, he said surprise me. I guess Arlington is a surprise.

But sure, why not? He served in more wars than JFK, and JFK was buried there.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
He deserves to be buried there. A great man that Bob Hope was.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
FINALLY!!!!

Something we BOTH agree on! Like i entioned, his politics doesn't interest me. He never made a big deal about or brough it up (he was friends w/Nixon & Reagan) Theres more to a person than the man they vote for. Bob was class act his politcal party had NOTHING to do with that.

He was a very funny man. Even when he was 85 doing his shows for NBC, he had great writers & his delivery was right on! I could go on all night about him. I bought a box set of his dvds & am a HUGE fan of his! Its still pretty sad(even though he lived a long time, still hate to see him go)

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Definately a good idea.
He was known as a comedian, but also known for the number of troops he entertained while they were far from home.

If you believe in it, maybe he'll bring some laughter to the afterlife in Arlington.

-B.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
the DoD made him an "Honorary Veteran" some years back, since he did USO tours at every major american conflict. I believe you would be hard pressed to find a veteran, or an american citizen for that matter, that would object to his being buried in Arlington. This household will miss him.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think it is very appropiate. He was a exceedingly dedicated Patriot.
Tut

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
...I am at a loss for words.

new topics

top topics

join