It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lot of People Today would Love to Live in the Village (Prisoner)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I've said it before and I'll happily say it again....those walls aren't to keep US out, there to keep THEM in.

apparently some countries have issues with citizens leaving, especially young adults.
I read about this a while back, having trouble sourcing. apparently the mindset is that the state has raised you for twenty years and now is ready to get something back for its investment.

China recently had issues with this.
www.theguardian.com...

China is increasingly barring people, including foreign executives, from leaving the country, according to a report and research.

Scores of Chinese nationals and foreigners have been ensnared by exit bans, according to the report from the rights group Safeguard Defenders, while a Reuters analysis has found an apparent surge in court cases involving such bans in recent years.

I read somewhere North Korea doesn't like its people to leave.

on the other hand I've heard that China is willing to let some of its single young males go as they don't have room for them. not long ago China had a brutal one-child policy which resulted in millions of excess males with no female partners. hence, let them emigrate.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

It all has to do with the level of control one has over their life and if someone chooses to be in a restrictive community then the control factor is levelled up. But, control comes with other factors not envisioned. The grass is always greener scenario, jumps out at me. Too good to be true, also.
edit on q00000019531America/Chicago3737America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join