It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benny Gantz Issues Ultimatum to Netanyahu with Threat to Resign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
...he is threatening to resign unless his plan is implemented by a certain date ...

Empty threat. So he resigns. He can be replaced. No one would care.
He's trying to rule Israel by threats instead of allowing the elected officials
to run the country. Not very democratic.

posted on May, 19 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I guess it depends where their investments lie ...

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

originally posted by: CrocDS

Not the only antisemite though.

Another Jewish person, this time a British Jewish historian was detained and questioned by the FBI for not having the right views.

www.commondreams.org...

I only skimmed the article so I can't be sure, but I found nothing saying this dude is Jewish

Can you provide a quote from the article you linked to where it says that guy is Jewish?

Until then I'm going to assume the author refers to him as Israeli in attempt to confuse the reader into think they are talking about a jew when they are not.

He is very well known in academia as he is a Professor of History who works at the University of Exeter. One of the many Jews who have spoken out against Israel.

Ilan Pappé (Hebrew: אילן פפה [iˈlan paˈpe]; born 7 November 1954) is an Israeli historian, political scientist, and former politician. He is a professor with the College of Social Sciences and International Studies at the University of Exeter in the United Kingdom, director of the university's European Centre for Palestine Studies, and co-director of the Exeter Centre for Ethno-Political Studies. Pappé was also a board member of the Israeli political party Hadash,[1] and was a candidate on the party list in the 1996[2] and 1999[3] Israeli legislative elections.

en.wikipedia.org...

The point of the comment made by another poster was that if you criticise the Israeli Government or Zionism you are risking of being branded various names even if you are Jewish and there are many Jewish people around the world who have spoken out against the Israeli Government and against what they consider to be war crimes, ethnic cleansing and genocide.

Pappe was detained by the FBI and was questioned upon arrival time the US for having the wrong views.

In what one observer called "a whole new level of insanity and paranoia," renowned Israeli historian and professor Ilan Pappé—a staunch critic of Zionism—was detained and interrogated this week by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents as he entered the United States at Detroit's airport.

In a Wednesday Facebook post, Pappé said that he was questioned by FBI agents for two hours after arriving at Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport on Monday.

www.commondreams.org...

In our case and from the link posted in the OP

Mr Gantz was speaking just days after another war cabinet member, Defence Minister Yoav Gallant, urged Mr Netanyahu to state publicly that Israel had no plans to take over civilian and military rule in Gaza.

It looks like Netanyahou has other plans for Gaza after the war. Nobody knows what is happening in his confused mind and there are many voices who want the war to end and normality to be restored.
edit on 20-5-2024 by Rovercon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

a reply to: Dandandat3

What makes now different than the months of raising the issue with getting no traction?

That he is threatening to resign unless his plan is implemented by a certain date in the absence of any coherent plan from the Prime Minister makes it different , Netanyahu has lost the confidence of the people of Israel and now his fragile government of all the nutters is starting to fragment , it's not the end of the beginning it's the beginning of the end for Natanyahu and that will make a lot of people happy.

Bla bla bla bla bla

What makes his threats of resignation meaningful after his opinions have been clearly ignored for months?

You have been saying that Netanyahu has lost the confidence of the people since the war started ... when is that opinion going to start to bear fruit? On September 1st; 5 more months of indiscriminate bommings and maybe, just maybe Benny Gantz might resign?

Nothings changed Nothings new.

The Government of Israel has lost support not only from the people of Israel but lost from everyone else around the world who is watching and see what is happening in Gaza. Various politicians, leaders, lawyers, have spoken out against the way Israel is conducting itself and against the war crimes, ethnic cleansing, and genocide committed by Israel. These are their own words.

Example

:www.france24.com...

Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva accused Israel Sunday of committing "genocide" against Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip and compared its actions to Adolf Hitler's campaign to exterminate Jews.

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: network dude
Since this doesn't really affect me, I think I'd like to see you all get exactly what you want, and then smile when history repeats itself, Israel is attacked again, and you cheer for the attackers. At least then you will be forced to grasp your position rather than pretend it's something it isn't.

Give GAZA back, no intervention, let HAMAS regroup, rearm, and re-attack. Then cry buckets about the potential genocide if anyone fights back. The sauce you drink is weak.

Isn't that what they want? The destruction of Israel. Oh no, they don't hate the joos, they're fine with the joos, some of their best friends are joos.

They just don't think Israel should exist.

It reminds me of the racist folks that say that blacks should go back to Africa.

This isn't true. Most people in the middle East want peaceful coexistence with everyone else, peace and prosperity. What they don't want is occupation by a foreign government and a nation that has become ethnosupremacist and racist. Israel over the years has shown it has become an ethnosupremacist and apartheid state.

Regardless of the plans for Gaza after the war the only way for normalising the relations is to recognise Palestine as an independent and sovereign state. Nobody wants to live under captivity and under occupation.

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rovercon
Nobody knows what is happening in his confused mind and there are many voices who want the war to end and normality to be restored.

Which would be Hamas and other militant groups in Gaza launching tens of thousands of rocket and mortar attacks that indiscriminately target civilians in Israel over years.

So the opening post is betting on the civilians of Israel are still wanting to build bus stops and playground equipment that double as bomb shelters, and continue schooling Israeli children in bomb shelters?

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

...he is threatening to resign unless his plan is implemented by a certain date ...

Empty threat. So he resigns. He can be replaced. No one would care.
He's trying to rule Israel by threats instead of allowing the elected officials
to run the country. Not very democratic.

I am sure that you dismiss everyone who doesn't follow the narrative anymore and who criticises thr Israeli Government and the way its conducting itself.

You did exactly the same when the first Jewish American appointee by Biden resigned over Gaza arguing that Israel is committing war crimes and genocide.

I can no longer in good conscience continue to represent this administration amid President Biden's disastrous, continued support for Israel's genocide in Gaza," Interior assistant Lily Greenberg Call wrote.

Lily Greenberg Call, a special assistant to the chief of staff in the Department of the Interior, became the first Jewish political appointee to resign her post in protest of U.S. President Joe Biden's support for Israel's genocide in Gaza.

Call announced her resignation on Wednesday, which is also the 76th anniversary of the Nakba—or the expulsion of the majority of Palestinians from their homes in 1948 as part of the process of creating the current state

One of the many brave Jews who spoken against the war crimes commited by Israel. I am sure you will find her irrelevant and you have already said so.

www.commondreams.org...

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rovercon

I asked you what returning for normal would be for Isreal….

Which would be Hamas and other militant groups in Gaza launching tens of thousands of rocket and mortar attacks that indiscriminately target civilians in Israel over years.

So the opening post is betting on the civilians of Israel are still wanting to build bus stops and playground equipment that double as bomb shelters, and continue schooling Israeli children in bomb shelters?

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

edit on 5/20/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Benny Gantz has now resigned and called on Netanyahu to call a date for elections in October.

Israel's war cabinet minister has resigned from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's emergency government.

Benny Gantz said leaving his post was a "complex and painful decision" to make but Mr Netanyahu was "preventing real victory" over Hamas, the militant group Israel has been fighting in Gaza for the past eight months.

Mr Gantz last month gave the leader an 8 June deadline to present a clear day-after plan for the conflict in Gaza.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Maybe Gaza could have an election to vote Hamas out of power….

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88
Maybe Gaza could have an election to vote Hamas out of power….

Considering how much the 'civilians' support, applaud, and assist Hamas, and approve of the Oct 7 terrorist attacks, and help with keeping the Israeli hostages for Hamas ... I doubt that Hamas would be voted out of power. They are of one mind when it comes to genociding the Jews and destroying Israel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join