It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden claims he brought inflation down from 9 to 3 percent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: Lumenari

You're right; I don't understand inflation. I don't understand big finance nor the stock market. What I see from my window is small business being run out of town or bought out by bigger business to where the market keeps getting closer to being dominated by fewer and fewer corporations, and it reminds me of what happened with the media.

The bigger the corporation the more money they have to looby in DC for laws favorable to them that aren't necessarily good for the common man; more and more control by fewer and fewer entities, while the people working for them at minimum wage can't hardly afford rent anymore, let alone other necessities. And they make record profits.

You are so right; I don't inflation that transfer an even larger portion of wealth to 1%.....but I feel it.

You are right as well.. we no longer live in a capitalist market, we live in a corporatocracy.

However, the record profits being seen by major corporations isn't merely a reflection of that alone.

It is simply that the devaluation of our dollar makes things more expensive.

It is also by design, and has been in America since the founding of our first Central bank.

That was dissolved.

Read up on what Andrew Jackson thought about a Central Bank.

And how he killed the second Central bank by a Presidential veto.

And yet Woodrow Wilson was elected to sign the Federal Reserve act... backed by the banksters and the people who owned the media at the time.

Then later on his death bed he was attributed to saying this...

I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.

I'll leave it at that.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join