It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Regime Escalates Hiijab Mandate Through Sexual Violence and Beatings of Women

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It’s both.

So. Life starts at conception as viewed by Christians.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2v2
Hey FlyerFan, why don't you read ...

Hey Daughter2v2, why don't you stay on topic and address how poorly the women in Iran are treated instead of trying to deflect with anti-Israel crap. It's IRRELEVANT what the orthodox Jews do in Israel in regards to this thread. Go start one of your own about them. Interesting that you try to deflect from discussing what an Islamic country does wrong ... very interesting.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Hey Daughter2v2, why don't you stay on topic and address how poorly the women in Iran are treated instead of trying to deflect with anti-Israel crap. It's IRRELEVANT what the orthodox Jews do in Israel in regards to this thread. Go start one of your own about them. Interesting that you try to deflect from discussing what an Islamic country does wrong ... very interesting.

What's interesting is their impression that the right didn't care about the plight of Iranian women until now is projection.

Progressives didn't care. Right-wing media has been covering it for years.

Just like the kids in cages at the border. Right-wing media brought the first attention to that, but Obama was president then so progressives couldn't care less. They only care if there's a way they can exploit them to advance their cause. So once Trump became president, then they pretended to care about those kids.
edit on 21-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

Soo this means that Iranian barbarian men can kill women and girls? because of religion?

I do not see your logic.

This thread is about Iran submission of women in their country.

Actually, they are bringing the same crap to the US as immigrants, honor killings happening in the US.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's it my man. We always need to step-back, and ask why what is being shoved in our face, is being pushed.

That's how we can see the agendas, and understand the narratives.

More thinkers, and less followers, is helpful to the community at-large.

MSM is owned and operated.
We are not, or we hope not to be. We don't knee-jerk.

Sorry, but I tire of these C&P MSM threads, and those that are here to constantly reenforce them.

Maybe this place is just totally lost, sometimes feels that way.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Athetos

"Waiting for the boomers and the British to show up so they can help advocate for all the sharia law they seem to have grown to love over the recent conflict and how everyone else is evil except the holy perpetual victims Hamas."

You might have a long wait to hear that from Brits.

How is Sharia Law any different from what Dominionists/Christian Nationals are pushing in America?

Wow, just the fact that you need that spelled out for you is only showing how ignorant you can be but yeah, here’s my shocked face 😳

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Annee

Annee, are you seriously trying to defend Sharia Law?

I’m atheist.

Why would I defend a belief system?

But as an atheist, you constantly do defend a belief system.

Your own.

An atheist doesn't believe in a higher power, after all.

So the highest power they know is themselves.

Self-worship.

Which fits in nicely with being a Woke woman in America right now.

After all, your beliefs in your mind trump anyone else's and your answers are the only correct ones.

We used to call that being a bigot.

/golfclap

edit on 100000004America/Chicago4pmSun, 21 Apr 2024 16:58:41 -050058 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I don't know, that's one of the reasons I asked.

I sort of got the impression that you were expressing some degree of support for Sharia.

I'm pleased I misread your post, Sharia is a brutal and repressive code of law that governs every aspect of a persons life.

There are degrees. Mild to extremism.

I did some reading up on Sharia awhile back. The basis is kind of an "eye for an eye" philosophy.

As in all things depends on who and how it is being interpreted -- mild to extreme.

We've had Jewish sects with their own laws for years. The laws do not apply to anyone except those of that belief.

The Amish have their own laws, courts, etc. Some "Mormon" sects have their own laws, courts, etc.

I'm sure there are some Muslims in the USA that follow Sharia Law. But that would only apply to those who choose to.

No laws supersede US law.

There is/has been a movement/push by Dominionists/Christian Nationals to make US laws -- God's law (Christian). This is not a joke.

Back to the Middle East.

Using extreme religious belief to Politically control the masses -- is not the first time.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Using extreme religious belief to Politically control the masses -- is not the first time.

Like pronouns and hate crimes? Critical Race theory?
edit on 21-4-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Actually, Anne, we have it better much better in the US, we got guns, when a son of a b wants to attack women, we just defend ourselves and is all legal.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Zionism plays directly into that. The whole 'I would sell my mother by the hour to support Israel no matter what moral disambiguity befalls me because I'm a Christian and to not support the murder of thousands of trapped, defenseless women and children would be unthinkable' schpiel.

Which is a problem because the schizo cousin has got retard strength.

You and a few others here are so obsessed with only one point you all interject your one point into everything. All of the ME is harsh, and as harsh as Israel is they are far from the worst, but you do not speak of the others too, why?

We could be talking about B-ball playoffs, and someone got to talk about the vaccine, another got to talk about the evil Zionist, and another about Zelenskyy killing everyone. It's like their brains are stuck like a broken record.

So here we are talking about the evils of Iran, and we need to say, but but what about the evil Zionists? If you really wanted to talk about all that you need to add in what Hamas has been doing with being completely embedded with a population that supports their efforts. A population that only desires to make warriors for them and have their kids play war games and cheer them on while other kids play sports, how they use the kids 6 to 10 as spotters and even have them carry weapons. After 10 they are now fighters. Where is the line for Israel to follow?

Then you need to talk about how Jordan and Egypt lock down their sides harder than Israel does, why is that? They are even the same Muslim sect. Why not open up their side allow aid to flood into their countries and take care of these people? Then we can talk about the leaders of Hamas who sit on 11 billion and tell Israel they only want power for 12 hours per day, and provide no clean water that would cost less than a billion for them all. and so on....

But no....lets just talk about the evil Zionist...

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
It's like their brains are stuck like a broken record.

That's what happens when people are just repeating a few memorized slogans on a subject they don't really know anything about.

They can't say anything else because they don't know anything else.
edit on 21-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

originally posted by: FlyersFan

What's interesting is their impression that the right didn't care about the plight of Iranian women until now is projection.

Progressives didn't care. Right-wing media has been covering it for years.

Just like the kids in cages at the border. Right-wing media brought the first attention to that, but Obama was president then so progressives couldn't care less. They only care if there's a way they can exploit them to advance their cause. So once Trump became president, then they pretended to care about those kids.

The left in America have never given a damn about women's rights except on a eugenicist viewpoint.

For instance, they always conveniently forget that it took a 60 year political battle for Rebublicans to give women voting rights.

Democrats voted against it till the bitter end, but were finally outnumbered.

Women in America that voting season returned the favor by voting in a Republican President in a landslide.

But back to Iran...

(post by Lumenari removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
That's what happens when people are just repeating a few memorized slogans on a subject they don't really know anything about.

They can't say anything else because they don't know anything else.

Many liberals are like that. When you hardly break the surface, they get all frustrated and walk away with FUs. I love the guys that talk about all that Obama and Biden did calling it Trump and liberals are like yeah, he is such a bad man, and when they tell them it was actually Obama or Biden, they still can't even understand the point.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Actually, Anne, we have it better much better in the US, we got guns, when a son of a b wants to attack women, we just defend ourselves and is all legal.

I am a gun owner. I support self-protection. I support shoot to kill.

I'm also 77 and lived through the years before Women's Rights.

Never forget "those who came before".

Like Mavis Leno for one:

Leno has been the chair of the Feminist Majority Foundation's Campaign to Stop Gender Apartheid in Afghanistan since 1997. In 1999, Leno and her husband donated $100,000 to the organization, to further the cause of educating the public about the plight of Afghan women under the Taliban. The organization successfully protested the construction of an oil pipeline through Afghanistan, which could potentially have brought in billions of dollars to the Taliban. According to Melissa Rossi, Leno was a driving force in changing the opinion of U.S. President Bill Clinton and the executives of the now defunct oil company Unocal Corporation concerning the Taliban, after Leno had shed light on the group's treatment of women.

en.wikipedia.org...

And for those who will jump in here and blame Biden for Afghanistan -- here are the facts.

The fact is, President Joe Biden and his predecessor, Donald Trump, were both eager to withdraw U.S. troops from Afghanistan and end what Biden referred to in his Aug. 16 speech as “America’s longest war.”

The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

And the Trump administration kept to the pact, reducing U.S. troop levels from about 13,000 to 2,500, even though the Taliban continued to attack Afghan government forces and welcomed al-Qaeda terrorists into the Taliban leadership.

www.factcheck.org...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join