It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has begun... Iran begins attack on Israel, launches tons of drones towards the country

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

originally posted by: peter_kandra

Edit: I would imagine the US is leaning hard on the Israelis not to fly in with the F-35. While its stealth is good, no stealth is perfect, and the last thing the US wants is one of our adversaries getting their hands on our most advanced aircraft.

I agree, but how would they fly them there? I doubt Jordan and Iraq or Saudi Arabia would give them permission.

Jordan and Saudi Arabia might, especially if Israel gives them something in return. If not, so they would have to evade detection by those countries, which makes the routes they would have to fly longer.

Another option is to launch from Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan has had lots of problems with Iran and has a kind of alliance with Israel going that doesn't get talked about a lot. There's a base in Azerbaijan that Israel helped them build and the Azerbaijanis have said they would let Israel use.

Israel has been working on this problem for years for this exact circumstance. In the early 1980s, some analysts thought it would be impossible for Israel to hit the Iraqi nuclear reactor with the assets they had at the time, but Israel found a way to do it. They're good at improvising around problems like this.

Or they could just not use planes at all and use missiles like Astrocometus suggested. I would be that is the US's preferred option as well. Israel has missiles that have more than enough range to hit Iran.

Thanks. I didn't know about the base in Azerbaijan, but they still have to get there and flying their F35i's there or sending missiles would have to overfly other countries. Granted, I don't think Iran respected those countries sovereignty when launching their attack, but I don't think Israel wants to do the same. The US would launch from the Persian Gulf or Arabian Sea so it's a little different. I don't know if Israel has naval assets that could do the same.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: CarlLaFong

You do realise, I am joking?

I'm not really Sharon on Tuesdays.

Sorry to disappoint.

I don't judge.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Neither do I. You need the Latin for the Judging. I don't have the Latin.

Which you need, for the Judging.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Edit: I would imagine the US is leaning hard on the Israelis not to fly in with the F-35. While its stealth is good, no stealth is perfect, and the last thing the US wants is one of our adversaries getting their hands on our most advanced aircraft.

I agree, but how would they fly them there? I doubt Jordan and Iraq or Saudi Arabia would give them permission.

Jordan and Saudi Arabia might, especially if Israel gives them something in return. If not, so they would have to evade detection by those countries, which makes the routes they would have to fly longer.

Another option is to launch from Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan has had lots of problems with Iran and has a kind of alliance with Israel going that doesn't get talked about a lot. There's a base in Azerbaijan that Israel helped them build and the Azerbaijanis have said they would let Israel use.

Israel has been working on this problem for years for this exact circumstance. In the early 1980s, some analysts thought it would be impossible for Israel to hit the Iraqi nuclear reactor with the assets they had at the time, but Israel found a way to do it. They're good at improvising around problems like this.

Or they could just not use planes at all and use missiles like Astrocometus suggested. I would be that is the US's preferred option as well. Israel has missiles that have more than enough range to hit Iran.

Thanks. I didn't know about the base in Azerbaijan, but they still have to get there and flying their F35i's there or sending missiles would have to overfly other countries. Granted, I don't think Iran respected those countries sovereignty when launching their attack, but I don't think Israel wants to do the same. The US would launch from the Persian Gulf or Arabian Sea so it's a little different. I don't know if Israel has naval assets that could do the same.

Getting planes to Azerbaijan would be an undertaking in itself, yes. I'm certain they've thought of that though.

The whole thing would just be less problematic to launch missiles from Israel.

I think Israel would just overfly a few countries without their permission if push came to shove. They've done it before. I'm sure they don't want to do that given that they've made progress with friendly relations with a lot of these Arab nations, so that's something they have to weigh themselves. Is pissing these countries off worth it to strike back.

Many of those countries are rather pissed at Iran, so do they give Israel permission? Or will those countries just feign ignorance and give permission behind the scenes and then make a big show of being angry about the violation of their sovereignty and then nothing comes of it?

I dunno the answers to some of these questions. I'm sure these are all things being discussed by the Israeli war cabinet.
edit on 17-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Neither do I. You need the Latin for the Judging. I don't have the Latin.

Which you need, for the Judging.

So you became a miner instead?
That's gotta be hell on your nylons.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Could have been a miner. But I didn't like the coal. You need to like the coal, for the mining.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Skip Iran for now...it's time for the IDF to take Rafah and fully eradicate HAMAS.

I fully agree with that but I'm positive Israel can do that without
innocent children being harmed. They have assassins and the intel.
edit on 17-4-2024 by Astrocometus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

Skip Iran for now...it's time for the IDF to take Rafah and fully eradicate HAMAS.

I'm positive Israel can do that without

It'll be tough.
Hamas loves using innocent children as human shields.
That is, when they're not beheading them or stuffing them in ovens.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It'll be tough.

I do believe that much is true and cowards like that desreve to die.

Death to Hamas for real.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It'll be tough.

Death to Hamas for real.

Hamas will most definitely be crushed by the IDF.
Eventually it will reconstitute...but will be weaker and the IDF will just periodically repeat the crushing as needed.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

It'll be tough.

Death to Hamas for real.

Hamas will most definitely be crushed by the IDF.
Eventually it will reconstitute...but will be weaker and the IDF will just periodically repeat the crushing as needed.

This is the interim solution. The long-term solution is what Trump started us towards. Isolate them. Stop coddling them. Make peace with the rest of the region and leave them all alone. As long as they have support across the Arab world and through Western useful idiots, they keep this delusion alive that they're going to "win" and someday Israel won't be there anymore.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Iran threatened to attack Israel with its Russian-made Su-24 bombers if Israel strikes back.

The Su-24 would get shot down before it got to Israeli airspace, like the drones. They're not built for a modern battlefield against a technologically advanced adversary like Israel.

Israel should put those on the target list if they're gonna strike.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

Heard last night that Sky Master was and remains up and running, since yesterday evening, issuing multiple EANs to airborne B52s loaded with nuke-capable missiles - headed to Iran. EANs were also reportedly rendering Launch Codes for those missiles and possibly our ICBMs. Also reported, was that 911 Call Centers in about 13 US States all went down last night, and all US Bases have been placed on Security Alert Charley Status. Can anyone Authenticate this information?

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Iran says that if Israel retaliates against their missile attack, then Iran will 'completely destroy' Israel.

FOX NEWS

Netanyahu's comment also comes just hours after Iran’s president has vowed to completely destroy Israel, should it proceed with even the "tiniest invasion" of its country.

I said it a few days ago, Israel needs to completely destroy Iran once and for all after Iran's latest attack.

Iran will never stop, and by waiting, Israel opens themselves up to more attacks where innocent civilians get killed.

It's time for Israel to end it.

How peaceful is your rhetoric...
I am impressed!

If Israel was able to do it then it would have done it long time ago but it's not possible.

Of course they're able to do it.

They've held off at the request of some of their allies so as not to escalate the situation further.

But it's gone way beyond that now. And Israel can ABSOLUTELY take out Iran. Make no mistake.

If push comes to shove - and it very well may - you and all of the other terrorist apologists will see firsthand.

Watch this space.

I don't think they can do it. They have no power for such task and even if they had they wouldn't do it.

Just a minute ago you said if they could, they would have done it already. Now you're saying if they could, they wouldn't do it

If Israel was able to do it then it would have done it long time ago

That's got to be the fastest flip-flop I've seen on here in a while.

Anyway, the question of whether it could be done really depends on what one means when they say "destroy Iran."

I didn't say what you think I said.
I said that they will retaliate if Iran was to try and escalate the situation further.

But i do say they have no capability of destroying Iran.
edit on 18-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackGarner
Can anyone Authenticate this information?

There is a thread about that which was started in the weee hours of the morning.
That notion has been debunked.

Thread Here

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Iran says that if Israel retaliates against their missile attack, then Iran will 'completely destroy' Israel.

FOX NEWS

Netanyahu's comment also comes just hours after Iran’s president has vowed to completely destroy Israel, should it proceed with even the "tiniest invasion" of its country.

I said it a few days ago, Israel needs to completely destroy Iran once and for all after Iran's latest attack.

Iran will never stop, and by waiting, Israel opens themselves up to more attacks where innocent civilians get killed.

I am impressed!

If Israel was able to do it then it would have done it long time ago but it's not possible.

So Israelis should die instead? You can't have it both ways when one side has been using terrorism and suicidal maniacs on the other side.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

FOX NEWS

I am impressed!

So Israelis should die instead? You can't have it both ways when one side has been using terrorism and suicidal maniacs on the other side.

Didn't say this either.
Israel can respond and has responded but what was suggested isn't true. They don't have the means to destroy Iran (as suggested earlier).

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I fully agree with that but I'm positive Israel can do that without

I think assassins violate the Geneva conventions.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
RE: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Until 3 of the 4 men shown in the above article are assassinated, HAMAS will continue to rebuild and remain well-funded.

Netanyahu knows this, but he's not thinking long-term, or even smartly.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeStupidName

I think assassins violate the Geneva conventions.

Well of course they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45 >>

join