It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl 11, Barred From Starting a Faith Club but Classmates are Allowed Pride Group

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Which is just plain stupid.

Please explain to a simple man like myself exactly why promoting interfaith goodwill and tolerance is a bad thing?

As far as I can tell its a voluntary thing done out of school hours, no-one is forcing anyone to attend be they Christian, Muslim, Zoroastrian, Hindu or whatever.
I fail to see the problem.

Just pandering to modern day hypersensitivities and pompous wokerati bollocks.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I been thinking about this world in general. I would think we would fight to let kids keep their innocence and childhood as long as possible. But the world makes them into a groomed and sexualised product and consumer addicted to worldly pleasures as soon as possible.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: quintessentone

You asked - "Where is there any mention of community service?"
So I showed you.

Yes, now I am commenting on why the request was denied as per the lawyer's letter to the school representatives.

Maybe. But I’ve followed many of these.

The typical “you can get away with something til someone complains”.

Many parents today do not want religion in public schools. Even just a club.

It does open the door to equal rights and establishing an atheist or satanic club.

It's obvious that this particular elementary school has all non-religious clubs, maybe all of the parents of the school should have their say in this matter.

Yes, they should.

An administrator should know the consequences of allowing a religious group. I expect they do and are using a benign excuse in choosing timing as the reason for denial.

They don’t want a lawsuit.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So I showed you.

Yes, now I am commenting on why the request was denied as per the lawyer's letter to the school representatives.

It does open the door to equal rights and establishing an atheist or satanic club.

It's obvious that this particular elementary school has all non-religious clubs, maybe all of the parents of the school should have their say in this matter.

Yes, they should.

An administrator should know the consequences of allowing a religious group. I expect they do and are using a benign excuse in choosing timing as the reason for denial.

I just read a funny joke: Prayer will always be in the minds and hearts of students when exam time rolls around.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88
I been thinking about this world in general. I would think we would fight to let kids keep their innocence and childhood as long as possible. But the world makes them into a groomed and sexualised product and consumer addicted to worldly pleasures as soon as possible.

What’s with all the sexual and grooming?

What does it have to do with the subject if this thread!

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

So I showed you.

Yes, they should.

I just read a funny joke: Prayer will always be in the minds and hearts of students when exam time rolls around.

LOL

Some for sure. And their parents too.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Because an LBITCHQAP+ club for 10/11 year olds is grooming and sexualizing them…

Keep trying to write with that eraser Annee! It might work one day.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sisavran
Because an LBITCHQAP+ club for 10/11 year olds is grooming and sexualizing them…

Some grown ups need to grow up.

The kids are fine. They don’t have a problem accepting their friends for who they are.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sisavran

Some grown ups need to grow up.

The kids are fine. They don’t have a problem accepting their friends for who they are.

This is the school district's mission statement regarding Equity, Diversity and Inclusion - also Belonging:

We believe that each student has the potential to achieve, and it is our responsibility to provide all students the opportunity and support needed to meet their highest capability in a safe and welcoming environment. We acknowledge that systemic and institutional inequities and bias exist, creating barriers for student achievement and well-being. We are committed to raising the achievement of all learners regardless of race, status, varied ability, mental health, English language fluency, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, trauma impact, and geography. Our culture should promote the identification and removal of barriers causing predictability and disproportionality of the highest and lowest achieving groups (EL-16)

www.isd411.org...

Believe me, at a school there are eyes everywhere so if any improprieties are going on someone will notice, or we know that the kids will give it away.
edit on q00000021430America/Chicago4646America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Awwww that’s adorable.
So now, instead of trying to argue your point (which you can’t in an intellectual sense) you simply say something whimsical.
You are right! Some grown ups need to grow up, you should take your own advice.
As to your second and third sentences I have nothing to say, because I don’t give af about your opinion on kids accepting friends for who they are, no one does.
You aren’t worth the time to respond to as you don’t argue sensibly, which, to be fair, I guess I shouldn’t have expected.
Enjoy living in your ignorant fantasy world.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I’ve always kept an open communication house.

As I tell my kids/grandkids “If you hide it, I can’t help you”.

So, my grandson (now 16) openly talks on his phone like I’m not even there.

LGBTQ+ is normal ever day stuff to this generation.

It’s really quite interesting to listen to.

——————

But again — you can’t have a religious group — so attack the LGBTQ+ group?

“Religious group denied — BUT they allow an LGBTQ+ group”.

edit on pm44America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Hmm. Teaching students to see people is shades of sexuality instead of biological sex instead of seeing them as just human isn’t grooming?

Speaker Kicked Out of Florida School Board Meeting for Reading from Sexually Explicit School Library Book

www.nationalreview.com...

Wonder if they read books out loud at the pride groups?

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I’ve always kept an open communication house.

As I tell my kids/grandkids “If you hide it, I can’t help you”.

So, my grandson (now 16) openly talks on his phone like I’m not even there.

LGBTQ+ is normal ever day stuff to this generation.

It’s really quite interesting to listen to.

——————

But again — you can’t have a religious group — so attack the LGBTQ+ group?

“Religious group denied — BUT they allow an LGBTQ+ group”.

Par the course here at ATS.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Hmm. Teaching students to see people is shades of sexuality instead of biological sex instead of seeing them as just human isn’t grooming?

Speaker Kicked Out of Florida School Board Meeting for Reading from Sexually Explicit School Library Book

Maybe you could start your own thread.

Or stay on topic.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Or stay on topic.

What do you think “pride” is for some schools?

“I’m going to read a passage of a book that’s floating around in your schools that has been banned from many other schools,” said Jacob Engels, the speaker who was removed, according to Orange Observer. “As a member of the LGBT community, the fact that this is floating around for children as young as ninth grade is concerning.”

Engels read a scene from the book that described sexual acts using strap-on devices before Jacobs interjected.

“Sir,” she said. “Mr. Engels, you’re out of order. . . . Remove him from the chambers.”

Jacobs continued: “I understand that book is in the classroom, and the language he just read is inappropriate for this forum. . . . I understand the contradiction here. This is the first time I’ve heard of this and the board has heard of this. We will look into it, and I do hope the book is removed. OK? And if not, we’ll be back here having this conversation again, but I can guarantee you, I did not know that book was in the library.”

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

What does a Pride club have to do with religion?

Every time this comes up — it’s:

“But they have a Pride club”

What does a Pride club have to do with school ?

You mean where children learn?

So why not include a club to learn about all religions? See how YOUR prejudice is showing?
You are just anti-religion , pro Pride club , admit it.

Here’s an idea.

Let all the churches start an LGBTQ+ support group in their facility.

You are doing everything possible to avoid saying why the schools should not be including interfaith clubs.

There are many parents against religion in schools.

They will complain to the American Atheists. American Atheists will file a lawsuit.

Some schools have eliminated all clubs. Some have allowed Satanist clubs to keep the Christian clubs.

Equality or nothing.

There are also many parents against LGBQ in schools , and they complained at school board meetings, and then were subsequently called 'domestic terrorists' by Biden himself.
I also recall you saying your kids were trans or LGBTQ , they will come around eventually and blame you . Mark my words.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Or stay on topic.

What do you think “pride” is for some schools?

“I’m going to read a passage of a book that’s floating around in your schools that has been banned from many other schools,” said Jacob Engels, the speaker who was removed, according to Orange Observer. “As a member of the LGBT community, the fact that this is floating around for children as young as ninth grade is concerning.”

Engels read a scene from the book that described sexual acts using strap-on devices before Jacobs interjected.

“Sir,” she said. “Mr. Engels, you’re out of order. . . . Remove him from the chambers.”

Jacobs continued: “I understand that book is in the classroom, and the language he just read is inappropriate for this forum. . . . I understand the contradiction here. This is the first time I’ve heard of this and the board has heard of this. We will look into it, and I do hope the book is removed. OK? And if not, we’ll be back here having this conversation again, but I can guarantee you, I did not know that book was in the library.”

Gender Queer initially received a small printing and was marketed toward older teens and adults.[1] It increasingly entered the collections of high school and middle school libraries after receiving an Alex Award in 2020, an award given by the American Library Association to "books written for adults that have special appeal to young adults ages 12 through 18."[1] Since 2021, its inclusion in American libraries, particularly school libraries, has been frequently challenged, based on the presence of sexually explicit illustrations. The American Library Association ranked it as the most challenged book in 2021,[2] 2022,[3][4] and 2023.

en.wikipedia.org...

The solution to this issue would be that students need their parents approval whether or not to take out the book from the library. Easy Peasy.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The solution to this issue would be that students need their parents approval whether or not to take out the book from the library. Easy Peasy.

One. Who would create the list of books needing parents permission?

Two. Why have books that violate “speech” ethics among adults at a school board meeting, or would violate school email policies if a paragraph of the book was emailed to anther teacher. For CHILDREN

Three. Why are these sexually explicit books becoming more prevalent as the pride movement is growing. Is it being hijacked by a bunch of perverts? If the boys scouts were bad, wonder what lawsuits will developed in ten or twenty over groups that pushed sexually explicit material in schools?

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What does a Pride club have to do with religion?

Every time this comes up — it’s:

“But they have a Pride club”

What does a Pride club have to do with school ?

You mean where children learn?

So why not include a club to learn about all religions? See how YOUR prejudice is showing?
You are just anti-religion , pro Pride club , admit it.

Here’s an idea.

Let all the churches start an LGBTQ+ support group in their facility.

You are doing everything possible to avoid saying why the schools should not be including interfaith clubs.

There are many parents against religion in schools.

They will complain to the American Atheists. American Atheists will file a lawsuit.

Some schools have eliminated all clubs. Some have allowed Satanist clubs to keep the Christian clubs.

Equality or nothing.

There are also many parents against LGBQ in schools , and they complained at school board meetings, and then were subsequently called 'domestic terrorists' by Biden himself.
I also recall you saying your kids were trans or LGBTQ , they will come around eventually and blame you . Mark my words.

Separation of church and state has nothing to do with LGBTQ+.

Denying a religious group — has nothing to do with LGBTQ+.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   

And why push adult “sexuality” on children instead of letting kids be kids.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join