It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To hell with you tube

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: yeahright

I am more or less resigned to the end.
I still check every morning to see if ATS is still here, but with less and less trepidation.

Well if we're really nearing the end, I just want to say a proper farewell to all of you whom I've known here since 2010. I've enjoyed reading, arguing, laughing and crying with many of you. You will all be missed.

As such, I thought the least I could do before they turn the lights off is let everyone know what I look like. I'm a very visual thinker so knowing what someone looks like helps me when I chat with them electronically. It's not necessary, it just helps me. Maybe it will help someone else here too.

So, for better or worse, say hello to SchrödingersRat also known here for many years as RiffRafter.

Until next time...

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocometus

"Oh Lord...won't cha buy me a Mer-cedes Benz? My friends all drive Porsche's, I must make amends! Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends. Oh Lord...won't cha buy me a Mer-cedes Benz?"

I loved ...loved Janis. She was an epitome of "freedom".
✌️

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 04:31 AM
link   
There ad timer has just gotten ridiculous. First it was five seconds and then seven seconds....I don't even know what it is now, and their stupid games like one user mentioned. If you don't click the "Skip Ad" fast enough then you lose and the penalty is another ad.

I hope they don't downgrade the quality below 1080p, but it looks like they're trying to strangle us into submission to pay for their service. If it gets too bad I guess it'll be time to look for another video hosting site.

I don't really care for paying extra for internet stuff. I pay for the internet and that's enough.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CCoburn

The worst of it is it’s user generated content, there just a hosting platform making money off other people’s efforts.

You can get Adblock extensions for your browser, which cuts out all that crap, but what I would like to know is whose bright idea it was to force adds on all content in the first place? Are they deliberately trying to kill the site or what.

I used to have a channel which I gave up when google bought them out, google is owned by Alphabet, now who the hell are they exactly? Screw these behemoths.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

It's probably just another case of somebody at the top getting greedy, and these days I'm a little hesitant about using the ad blocker extensions for some reason.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Astrocometus

"Oh Lord...won't cha buy me a Mer-cedes Benz? My friends all drive Porsche's, I must make amends! Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends. Oh Lord...won't cha buy me a Mer-cedes Benz?"

I loved ...loved Janis. She was an epitome of "freedom".
✌️

That put a smile on my face MS decades ago I turned up at my step grandfathers place and handed him the keys of my old car , he told me the night before he had said a prayer about getting a Mercedes to drive his friends to and from church .

The Lord did work in mysterious ways that time and delivered him a nice motor with a full tank of fuel and 500 quid in the glove box

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

That put a smile on my face MS decades ago I turned up at my step grandfathers place and handed him the keys of my old car , he told me the night before he had said a prayer about getting a Mercedes to drive his friends to and from church .

The Lord did work in mysterious ways that time and delivered him a nice motor with a full tank of fuel and 500 quid in the glove box

Put that on You tube.
You'll likely be clubed, maced, shot at, gang raped,
pepper sprayed, tarred and feathered, crucified and hung. And then laughed
at and not necessarily in that order

edit on 14-4-2024 by Astrocometus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

Put that on You tube.
You'll likely be clubed, maced, shot at, gang raped,
pepper sprayed, tarred and feathered, crucified and hung. And then laughed
at and not necessarily in that order

That sounds like a good night out to me

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I love to threaten people with a good time?

edit on 17-4-2024 by Astrocometus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

I hate those ads and the ad timer as well.

I found a workaround on my xbox though. When the ad come on exit the video, get back in exit the ad again...repeat..repeat. ect.. usually in three to five time of performing this workaround it goes straight to the video..ads skipped. Takes only a few seconds.

The in video ads I despise more since you can't skip those.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join