It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands protest against Hungary's Orban after former insider leaks graft case tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

BUDAPEST, March 26 (Reuters) - Thousands of people protested in Budapest near parliament on Tuesday demanding the chief prosecutor and Prime Minister Viktor Orban resign after a former government insider accused a senior aide to Orban of trying to interfere in a graft case.

Protesters marched from the chief prosecutor's office towards parliament shouting "Resign, resign", with many carrying torches.

Peter Magyar earlier published a recording of a conversation with Judit Varga, then his wife and Hungary's justice minister, in which she detailed an attempt by aides to Orban's cabinet chief to remove certain parts from documents in a graft case.

Thousands have gathered near Hungary's Parliament demanding that Prime Minister Viktor Orban over audio tapes indicating corruption in Orban's office.

Orban has held office since 2010 (after previously holding it from 1998 - 2002.) In recent years, Orban has developed a Putin-esque reputation, earning him the nickname Vicktator and raising the question whether Hungary is the EU's first dictatorship.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good.

Graft and corruption at any level of government is despicable if somewhat predictable.

Now if only there was implication amongst other world leaders…

Ahem.
edit on 27-3-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: Wordz

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

People in Hungary are probably more emotionally connected to what happens with their top officials than we are here in America. I can't visualize thousands marching on the White House, due to audio of our President's Chief-of-Staff speaking of illegal acts...or whatever.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

How much do know about Hungary and PM Orban?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

This article was written by Krisztina Than. First page on Google search lists her as an "Agenda Contributor" to the World Economic Forum.

The other journalist involved in this article wrote another article 2 days ago:

Hungary delays Central Bank law change

-Government aims to boost oversight of bank's finances

-Bank has resisted law change, citing independent concerns.

It's always good to know who you pissed off to give context to an otherwise seemingly unrelated event.

The NWO wants Hungary to fall in line or simply weaken it enough so that they can install their own puppet.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

You should do more research in what has been going on there. The current government is the reason for the problems going on.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: budzprime69

Or you could just tell me..

What unspeakable horrors did they commit?

Did they bomb civilians attempting to flee a conflict and post videos celebrating the slaughter by wearing underwear of the victims?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I think a good starting point to fully understand the extent of Orban's repressive governing tactics would be to take a good look at the "revenge law".

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 01:09 AM
link   

So now revenge is out of vogue?

When did this happen?

This one?

Hungarian teachers and pedagogues started expressing their displeasure with the current education system more than a year ago. They face serious problems every day: their autonomy is being taken away by the central government (they are not allowed to deviate from centrally-mandated teaching materials which are full of government propaganda);

Hahahaha! So they're not carpet bombing civilians?

Whew.

That's a relief.
edit on 28-3-2024 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 01:33 AM
link   

You truly don't understand what is going on in Hungary do you? Nor do you seem to have any understanding of the implications it has on the long term effects of the population in general.
You just want to argue and you commented on a topic you have no understanding of.
I almost feel bad for people that think this way but....clown world and all.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Tell me do these 'revenge laws' obstruct the implementation of the lgbtqwtf+ agenda by any chance?

Why are you crying about a school curriculum?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 03:45 AM
link   

You are so scared of the gays you allow yourself to overlook the Orwellian laws being imposed.
You truly are a person that is very intriguing.
You always seem to go againt democracy and support oppression.
I find that odd and would love to know why.
Are you gay? Honestly that would make sense considering your take and a overwhelmingly loud voice againt.
One has to wonder correct?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Ah so you admit that's what this is about.

You're going to have to find another angle with me, you're not going to tilt me going about it like a rank amateur.

Perhaps it's not your thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Nah that would be too gross. People in Hungary have still a right to protest and express their opinions. It seems nobody persecutes the dissenters. Still it's a quasi autocracy with the power consolidated by one party. Orban worked really hard to destroy free press, all the media are controlled by him. The judicial system is also under his control.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

Still it's a quasi autocracy

worked really hard to destroy free press

The judicial system is also under his control.

Quoted for irony and total lack of awareness of the current situation playing out in the 'free world.'

How am I supposed to take you seriously?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join