It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open AI in a Very Nimble Talking Robot - Wow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This is an amazing demonstration. I'm still shaking my head in wonder.

And the voice the robot uses!

This is the future coming right at us. We all need to pay attention.

See for yourself. Thoughts?

Open AI in a Nimble Robot

edit on 3/15/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Not sure how spontaneous this interaction was. The tail end of the video showed a different view of the actions performed and it looked to me like it was a different occurrence, meaning the main interaction in the video could have been preprogrammed and rehearsed.
It was still very impressive.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It's impressive, though I'm not sure why they programmed it with the actors 101 of double taking on the first word of a sentence to appear more natural

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: iaylyan
The less intimidating it comes across the more accepting humans will be of their future overlords.
It also means more sales.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Totally fake as. First off that's a human voice, not an AI voice. How do I know? First off it sounded human. Second off, the AI said "err", then quickly started talking. As for the robot. Also Fake. That is a CGI robot. Not a real one. You can tell at the end. Unless OpenAI has been actaully building a robot, which i honestly don't believe they have.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
Totally fake as. First off that's a human voice, not an AI voice. How do I know? First off it sounded human. Second off, the AI said "err", then quickly started talking. As for the robot. Also Fake. That is a CGI robot. Not a real one. You can tell at the end. Unless OpenAI has been actaully building a robot, which i honestly don't believe they have.

This was in a news story in a legitimate magazine (PC Magazine).

OpenAI is doing a lot of great work.

I'll try and find the story to link here.

It's real though. Make no mistake.

Here's the link to the story:

Watch this Humanoid Robot Talk and Complete Tasks

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju
Not sure how spontaneous this interaction was. The tail end of the video showed a different view of the actions performed and it looked to me like it was a different occurrence, meaning the main interaction in the video could have been preprogrammed and rehearsed.

I agree still impressive… and spooky, to me at least. And yes it looks to be 2 separate videos, the way the glass goes in, not the same occurrence.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ai is creepy af

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

It is not real. From the article you posted:

On Wednesday, Figure posted a video that demonstrated some of the early results.

Like i said. They showed a video. The voice is a human voice. Not an ai voice. The robot is CGI.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It reminds me of these guys and fake as Fuuuuuu

This is some bullsh*t

Also I have heard of Boston Dynamics, Rapid Robots, even iRobot or Elon Musks robot heck even the top 15 in a google search NONE of them bring up Figure! It is fictitious company!

I am a computer Scientist/Engineer this high tech snake oil! The voice alone was a dead (pun intact) give away.
edit on 15-3-2024 by Therealbeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju

It was because it was faked!

top topics

join