It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good old England is dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

The British are not liked in Russia, and for good reason. In order not to read out the long list of the crown’s sins, it is enough to point to the most recent one - it was Britain that headed the “Ukraine” project when at the beginning of the year it became clear that the United States had washed its hands of the game and left the game.

But still, Russians grew up on the image of good old England, nothing can be done about it. Stevenson, Conan Doyle, Walter Scott, Shakespeare... Tolkien and the Beatles, in the end! A huge share of the modern Russian cultural layer has British roots, so this is by no means a foreign country for Russians.

At the same time, even if the British force the Russians to show them mushroom clouds, good old England will not disappear. It won’t disappear because it’s too late: good old England died a long time ago. Please note that I did not include JK Rowling in the list of writers - she is no longer the “good old” Englishwoman, she glows with a modern tolerant agenda, like a 400-watt greenhouse lamp.

Now Britain is going through hard times: it has problems in the economy, problems in politics, problems everywhere else. However, the main problem, which is rarely spoken about out loud, is a change in mentality. The British, who became great through respect for property, now treat it with African carelessness.

Here is a review article on the Guardian about the five nationalizations in Britain (Link). It is clear from the list that even Henry VIII, who chopped off the heads of his wives and changed the official religion in the country, paid compensation to the monks for the monasteries that became state property. Similarly, other nationalizations also took place in the format of a ransom, and not in a format of confiscation, although Britain could easily afford to ruin the owners of telephone or railway companies.

Such scrupulousness became one of the main reasons for the rapid development of capitalism in Britain. Of course, the rules did not apply to the colonies—the British robbed the colonies with both hands—however, inside Britain, the rights of property owners were reliably protected.

However, as the Russian oligarch correctly noted in Guy Ritchie’s famous film about London, “times they change.” Firstly, Guy Ritchie himself is changing: in this film of his from 2008, the rainbow-black agenda was promoted with such importunity that back in the 1990s, audiences would have angrily spat when leaving cinemas. Secondly, the British themselves are changing, having already been largely replaced by visitors from other continents. And finally, as a consequence of all this, the age-old principles that once made Britain great are changing.

The mayor of London, Pakistani Sadiq Khan, called for the confiscation of real estate in London worth $1.25 billion from Russian entrepreneurs (link).

Back in the middle of the 20th century, British politicians were ready to show any cruelty, but they understood perfectly well: property cannot be taken away, this is a road to nowhere. Today's generation of British politicians has grown up in a different culture, so they see nothing wrong with robbing their citizens. Right now, confiscation is beneficial, but in Pakistan it is not customary to think about long-term consequences; they live there one day at a time.

I think Britain is doomed. There is no developed production there, and there are no resources either. From a political point of view, Britain is a working pensioner whose health is already failing, but who is still holding on to a long-earned reputation. Britain planned to become a global financial center and skim the cream off trillions in cash flows, but these plans can already be put to rest: a country that allows itself to take away property out of the blue cannot be attractive to serious investors.

As for the Russians who bought property in London, I see no point in either gloating or sympathizing. This is their choice. Life teaches fools.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Sadiq Khan is British not Pakistani. Born here = British

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

This is what I was talking about when I wrote about population replacement.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Haa-Ha

Brits do have capabilities to build cutting-edge technology , and quality that exeeds Russian .

Your thread is silly, as usual .

edit on 13-3-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Confiscating property is just a milder form of conquest in war, which in turn is simply the continuation of policy with other means, like von Clausewitz said

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

People move around alot. Always have done. Our population is like a wafer built up over mass movement since people first made it over here. Same everywhere. Nowhere more so than in the ethno religious invention known by some as Russia. The core thing comes down to people. People live here and if they are born here and like fish and chips then they are British. Anything else is ethno religious invented nonsense

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MBakhtin
Confiscating property is just a milder form of conquest in war, which in turn is simply the continuation of policy with other means, like von Clausewitz said

Is there a war going on inside Britain?
What a news)))

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

People move around alot. Always have done. Our population is like a wafer built up over mass movement since people first made it over here. Same everywhere. Nowhere more so than in the ethno religious invention known by some as Russia. The core thing comes down to people. People live here and if they are born here and like fish and chips then they are British. Anything else is ethno religious invented nonsense

So where did I go wrong when I said that “good old England is dead”?))))

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Of course not, just like there is no war going on in Ukraine and Russia

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Of course not, just like there is no war going on in Ukraine and Russia

Then why confiscation in England?)))

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:29 AM
link   

The purpose is to take from one and give to oneself or to another

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:35 AM
link   

There's more than England in Britain Troll.

Other than that the only other thing I've got to say is more #e comes out of your mouth than a bat's... They lack an anus so are choiceless on the matter.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:37 AM
link   

The purpose is to take from one and give to oneself or to another

Well, this is some kind of communism.)))
Private property rights are sacred.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   

What a load of verbal diarrhea, pish, and tripe, once again.

Anyhoo freedom to Ukraine and down with the Russian scum invaders.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The fellow is from Tooting.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Communism is the system of collective ownership of the means of production. What I am describing is the transference of ownership from one entity to another either by legal or martial or some other means.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:51 AM
link   

The British are not liked in Russia.

Russia is jelous of Britain, because of what it has given to the world over many centuries. That is why they dislike us.

This is nothing new, they have always been the same.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MBakhtin
This is not a process - this is complete corruption.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The most visible monument to global plunder is the building of the British Museum.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Have you ever been?

I'm apt to go with.

Also.

More than 60 years after the war, more than a million artworks taken from Germany by the Red Army at the end of the war are still being held in Moscow and St Petersburg.

So people in glass houses and all that jazz.
edit on 13-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join