It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDNY Is Hunting Down Firefighters Who Booed Letitia James to be RE-Educated

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Annee

As you keep pointing out, this was a FDNY function. Was she there to give the awards ? Why ? The AG and FDNY are not connected. This was a political stunt by James, like everything else she's done from day one.

Your problem is, they didn't display fawning admiration for a Liberal hack.

I did not plan the event.

But it was an event for the NYFD.

And I don't care what side you are on -- not letting an invited guest do their talk -- is childish, rude, and obnoxious behavior. You don't like it -- get up and leave.

I hope they do get disciplined.

do you feel the same way about all the conservative speakers who get canceled at liberal college campuses and shouted down?
www.theamericanconservative.com...

You all talk about free speech. Letting a speaker speak -- even if you don't like what they're saying is also free speech.

I am against booing and disruptive behavior -- denying the speaker their free speech -- if they are an invited speaker.

I'm not against organized protesting to cancel a speaker prior to their event.

I'm not against silently walking out.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is the most believable thing you have ever posted IMO>

Thanks for getting this much.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

originally posted by: Daughter2v2

At the next meeting, can someone request Trump speak too?

Then I'd definitely walk out.

But I wouldn't boo him. It's so childish.

If you keep calling it the NYFD I bet the people in this thread are going to walk out on any conversation with you here.

It's disrespectful to keep mislabeling them over and over. Like it's on purpose.

Please stop. You're not an idiot. Please don't act like one.

You prefer this? FDNY

Yes.

It is correct and doesn't cause any confusion as it is neutral. It is simply referring to something not referring and inferring.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
I am through implying you are a good thinker with morals is all I can say for you.

Almost every post you make is factually wrong. I am bored with that. A few of us are not. So, you have the bully pulpit to spill your soul out proving lies that can't be proven.

Facts don’t lie.

However, what is considered fact on ATS leaves a lot to be desired.

I am not required to think the same as you.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

As you keep pointing out, this was a FDNY function. Was she there to give the awards ? Why ? The AG and FDNY are not connected. This was a political stunt by James, like everything else she's done from day one.

And I don't care what side you are on -- not letting an invited guest do their talk -- is childish, rude, and obnoxious behavior. You don't like it -- get up and leave.

do you feel the same way about all the conservative speakers who get canceled at liberal college campuses and shouted down?

You all talk about free speech. Letting a speaker speak -- even if you don't like what they're saying is also free speech.

I am against booing and disruptive behavior -- denying the speaker their free speech -- if they are an invited speaker.

thank you for being honest and stating unequivocally that you are against the first amendment.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   

thank you for being honest and stating unequivocally that you are against the first amendment.

Protesting is also free speech.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

denying others right to free speech is against the first amendment. Yes you have the right to protest all day every day. But, you do NOT have the right to deny others right to free speech. As I said, it's refreshing to see someone speak the truth, rather than obfuscate.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   

denying others right to free speech is against the first amendment. Yes you have the right to protest all day every day. But, you do NOT have the right to deny others right to free speech. As I said, it's refreshing to see someone speak the truth, rather than obfuscate.

The firefighters were denying James her free speech.

"Speak the Truth" -- which "truths" would those be?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

"Speak the Truth" -- which "truths" would those be?

So she wasn't able to speak? Got a link?

eta:
and the "truth" I was referring to was your telling the truth as to your authoritarian views. Most folks keep that stuff to themselves.
edit on 11-3-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Incorrect.
She got to give her political speech in front of an audience forced to sit there.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Incorrect.
She got to give her political speech in front of an audience forced to sit there.

She was an invited speaker.

YOU keep insisting it was political.

If an audience member is FORCED to sit there -- that is another issue that needs to be taken up with the one(s) doing the forcing.

Her free speech was disrupted by booing and rude behavior from members of the FDNY -- of which this event was actually for.

You keep trying to twist this to fit your narrative.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Because she's a politician who runs for office and who prides herself on the fact that she took down the top republican politician. Any speech she gives is political.

Her free speech was disrupted by booing and rude behavior from members of the FDNY --

So what? She was allowed to give her speech and she gave it. She was greeted by boos and it was the right of the firemen to express their opinion of her. Her right to speak was not stopped. YOU are trying to stop the first amendment rights of the firemen to boo her.

No. That would be you.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Incorrect.

If an audience member is FORCED to sit there -- that is another issue that needs to be taken up with the one(s) doing the forcing.

Her free speech was disrupted by booing and rude behavior from members of the FDNY -- of which this event was actually for.

wait a minute now, are you stating that anyone who is booed, is having their first amendment rights taken away, but you don't think the same is happening when a group protests and has a speaker canceled and removed? You aren't just a fixture of clown world, you are the head clown.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Not asking you too. I am asking you to be "logical" and use "Common sense" verses spouting known lies.

I am through implying you are a good thinker with morals is all I can say for you.

Almost every post you make is factually wrong. I am bored with that. A few of us are not. So, you have the bully pulpit to spill your soul out proving lies that can't be proven.

Facts don’t lie.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Not asking you too. I am asking you to be "logical" and use "Common sense" verses spouting known lies.

Facts don’t lie.

I am logical and use common sense.

Since most of my posts are opinion based in regard to behavior -- calling them factually wrong is a bit off.

I am not wrong that Trump is a conman.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What does "Invited" (probably by The Commissioner) have to do with not being Political?

Invited makes it 99.9% Political. 😀

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Incorrect.

wait a minute now, are you stating that anyone who is booed, is having their first amendment rights taken away, but you don't think the same is happening when a group protests and has a speaker canceled and removed? You aren't just a fixture of clown world, you are the head clown.

That is a ridiculous attempt at debate.

Protesting (outside a planned event) is a right of free speech -- free expression. Before -- during -- after.

The planner cancelling a speaker/event has nothing to do with free speech.

IMO -- once an invited guest is "on stage" -- they should be allowed to give their talk without disruption.

I'm not making this Right or Left -- but you are.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

So they can pause for people to clap but not if people boo? They are the same thing. Now, if someone runs on stage or does something that could cause harm, i understand.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So they can pause for people to clap but not if people boo? They are the same thing. Now, if someone runs on stage or does something that could cause harm, i understand.

No they are not the same thing.

An invited guest should be allowed to speak.

You can remain silent. You don't need to clap.

Rude, obnoxious, behavior is not OK. It's uncalled for and its childish.

edit on pm33America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Incorrect.

I was wondering when someone was going to catch that.

Your rights end where mine begin. Your right to free speech does not trump my right to freedom of expression.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join