It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Women's reproductive rights" or a Child's right to be born? It's all about choiceS.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

A lot of jobs would have required him to be vaccinated FlyersFan.

Again, employers have required their employees to jump through their employment hoops and requirements long before COVID-19 or mRNA vaccines were ever a thing.

And that's a fact.

Glad you did not become homeless all the same, I just dodged that bullet myself down to a housing crisis that the pandemic helped fuel the fire.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Echo007

Now that is a valid argument they have morning after pills and plan B. Why would you wait months just to decide you don't want kids. After 3 months i dont understand why you would change your mind? I can understand if the doctor tells you it could be dangerous. But even a doctor would warn you before 3 months. So if most abortions are done because not wanting kids then why are people waiting?

14 states are enforcing laws that bar abortions, including medication abortions, throughout pregnancy.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

My husband didn't want to be vaccinated, but he had to in order to keep his job.
And we need his job for an income otherwise we'd be homeless.

It's like people have forgotten how devastating the really bad decisions our leadership made during the pandemic. They also forgot how fully totalitarian it all got too. Arresting people for jogging alone on a beach, but BLM riots with no masks were OK.

Today people still want to say my body is my choice...lol

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

14 states are enforcing laws that bar abortions, including medication abortions, throughout pregnancy.

OK, they voted on it.... Some states voted on no death penalty, while others voted on assisted suicide. In the end, go to another state for an abortion, or better yet go live in one that fits your needs, I did, people do it all the time. People also travel ALL THE FREAK'EN TIME for medical procedures, so what do you want here, an abortion clinic in walking distance?

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

OK, they voted on it....

That is the issue and the problem.

It is no one's business except the people personally making the decision.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Today people still want to say my body is my choice...lol

An infectious disease is no comparison to a woman choosing not to have a child.

edit on am33America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Now that is a valid argument they have morning after pills and plan B. Why would you wait months just to decide you don't want kids. After 3 months i dont understand why you would change your mind? I can understand if the doctor tells you it could be dangerous. But even a doctor would warn you before 3 months. So if most abortions are done because not wanting kids then why are people waiting?

Plan b is over the counter sale in all 50 states.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Plan b is over the counter sale in all 50 states.

I'd say that needs further research.

I know some states have intent to ban the Morning After Pill both domestic and mail order.

Some states may have already done that.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So says you... The majority of 30 million disagree with you.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So says you... The majority of 30 million disagree with you.

Do not care.

Women's body belongs to her only.

It is not something to be voted on.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Being forced to take a vaccine that does harm to me, maybe kill me is not my body my choice. You are right there is no comparison since the forced vaccine was worse.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Do not care.

So says Annee, the Supreme of the Supreme Court. What you and I think means nothing, maybe one day you realize that. You can always move to Costa Rica... wait Abortions are illegal there, how about France?

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Being forced to take a vaccine that does harm to me, maybe kill me is not my body my choice. You are right there is no comparison since the forced vaccine was worse.

Seriously?

Comparing a woman's body being voted on to an infectious pandemic?

How easy and convenient.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Seriously?

How easy and convenient.

I'm saying both are medical procedures. What part of that do you not understand? Your pandemic wasn't even a small flu for healthy people under 40, and whether someone had COVID or not still had to get the vaccine which had some serious issues with young males and females.

All your posts end with "this is what I think, and what I think is right" need to get over that...

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Seriously?

How easy and convenient.

I'm saying both are medical procedures. What part of that do you not understand? Your pandemic wasn't even a small flu for healthy people under 40, and whether someone had COVID or not still had to get the vaccine which had some serious issues with young males and females.

All your posts end with "this is what I think, and what I think is right" need to get over that...

Voting on a woman's right to her body -- is not a medical issue.

It is a control issue.

And YES! This statement is correct. No discussion.

edit on pm33America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It is a control issue.

Yes, it is and so is murder...go shoot somebody and find out. For me, there needs to be something reasonable in the middle, and just go with it understanding a life is taken. For people to say the baby at 21 weeks is an "it", but a human at 22 has zero logic. Also, there is the incorrect idea that once it is viable out of the womb then you can't kill it since viability is based on how much can medical science go. Some suggest a baby isn't viable until it is off mom's milk.

Pick 15 weeks with precurses to include medical reasons for abortions after 15 weeks and call it a day.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It is a control issue.

Yes, it is and so is murder...go shoot somebody and find out. For me, there needs to be something reasonable in the middle, and just go with it understanding a life is taken. For people to say the baby at 21 weeks is an "it", but a human at 22 has zero logic. Also, there is the incorrect idea that once it is viable out of the womb then you can't kill it since viability is based on how much can medical science go. Some suggest a baby isn't viable until it is off mom's milk.

Pick 15 weeks with precurses to include medical reasons for abortions after 15 weeks and call it a day.

Your beliefs are yours.

How about we vote on whether they are acceptable to women who've had their rights denied.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Your beliefs are yours.

How about we vote on whether they are acceptable to women who've had their rights denied.

My belief is that you and I will be long dead and this will not be solved unless there is a middle ground. They voted in Texas and banned abortions, so be careful asking for the whole vote thing you might not like the answer.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Your beliefs are yours.

My belief is that you and I will be long dead and this will not be solved unless there is a middle ground. They voted in Texas and banned abortions, so be careful asking for the whole vote thing you might not like the answer.

Yes, yes -- let's vote on you and your belief.

You have no right to your belief unless we vote that you do.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yes, yes -- let's vote on you and your belief.

You have no right to your belief unless we vote that you do.

It's not a belief, just an observation. The reality is I don't give a crap...deal with it like the 50 million other things we need to do in life.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join