It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allergies? something hitting my sinuses hard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lotusaugen
a reply to: putnam6

Get the infrared from your mother or buy one, its also available at amazon.
The cheapest red light lamp will work pretty good.

It could help on your ankle, too. Depends what's wrong with your ankle.
Do you know why you have that bad ankle?

Yeah after you mentioned it, I found an old small handheld one in the garage, but had to order a bulb for it.

Ive heard good things about red light therapy, my Dad was into infrared light therapy for his back. Mom's looking for her redlight wrap, think it got packed away somewhere once she had knee surgery.

My ankle is where I got 3rd degree burns on my foot, ankle, and calf as a kid, had surgery on it again in my teens. While I was young and active there weren't too many problems, but even my surgeon said I'd likely have troubles with it as I got older and he was right. The scar tissue just pulled everything inward, now it is that, and the neuropathy

Pretty much chronic pain, it's why it's so nice when something makes it feel better just briefly. Black seed oil seems to have helped and DMSO has helped soften the keloid tissue. I do occasionally use TENS on it as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but when pains/inflammation come and go and move around....welll.....it sounds an awful lot like what people with various degrees of long covid experience.

Most people with "post viral syndrome" are not extremely sick. Most have little ailments that make no sense.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I hate to say this, but when pains/inflammation come and go and move around....welll.....it sounds an awful lot like what people with various degrees of long covid experience.

Most people with "post viral syndrome" are not extremely sick. Most have little ailments that make no sense.

Little late to get me vaccinated now Ms. Fauci LOL...

Probably a combination of all of the above and yes I might have long COVID. In fact stumbled across my unused COVID test kit. I might test myself if I get bored, of course, I might just shave the cat and see if that helps,cause it still feels like allergies

Think what's bothering me is I was feeling decent just right before, don't drink dairy, but I do enjoy cheese now and then, I did have Mexican with chips and queso multiple meals, and a Colts Bolt just before all of this. So who knows...

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Well, it could be a dairy issue too. Not an allergy, but an intolerance.

BTW, not a jab proponent at all, putnam

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yeah I know LOL my concentration may be off but I was just razzing you bit.

I feel mucho better and as always actually used some of the suggestions here to good effect, while trying to fast and keep minimal meds in me. I did get some of the Zicam nose spray and it helped tremendously, also I took oregano oil pills, turmeric and a couple of Dr Christopher Infection X pills those little bastards do work. While I don't think it's a sinus infection my throat is a tad sore and it's better to be safe than sorry.

All is good in the hood, What a difference 24 hours make last night I wanted to rip my nose off.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Sounds like your immune system is sensing microbes in the environment and putting out a defense system response to the microbes. They could be viruses or bacteria and fungal microbes. The first line of defense is usually to make mucous to try to keep the microbes from getting hold. That mucous can contain chemistries that kill or inactivate the microbes. It does not have to be a severe virus to trigger this response, the intent is to keep the virus from getting to be too much of a problem.

If the mucous gets too thick or too much is produced, it can cause serious problems. So moderating the mucous can be beneficial and also using cough suppressants can help from having severe coughing that can crack the rib cartilage from the backbone connection...that has happened to me a few times. Sore back for about a week or two in the rib area happens, especially when you cough.

I try not to use too many treatments that dampen the immune response, choosing ways to reduce the mucous somewhat plus using some food choices to help suppress severe coughing. Most times it is our immune system chemicals that destroy our bodies while trying to fight a disease.

I still have lots more to learn in choosing chemistries to properly moderate my immune response. I will get some over the counter meds sometimes if I have a hard time to control it, but the more I study stuff and test food chemistry interaction on myself, the more I can identify natural ways to control this. What I discover will not always help others with different genetic and epigenetic traits....so basically people have to test on themselves.

Chicken soup seems to work really well if made right to control overreaction and also if made right, it can directly disable viruses. Beef soup made from soup bones can also help with this if it has some proper spices and veggetables in it. I am making big pots of soups a lot in the winter for the kids and grandkids. I have studied a lot on the spices antiviral and anticancer properties. Most of the soups I perfected keep my epilepsy at bay...Temporal lobe epilepsy. The side effect of them is that they are also pretty much antiviral and can somewhat deter cancer from growing. They are not a panacea or anything, just have some medical properties that help.. Too much of this type of soup can have side effects too, but two or three meals a week is no problem. Think of it as a medicine, too much medicine can cause side effects and my soup is designed from studing anti-epileptic meds to find a natural way to control it. I was intolerant to four classes of antiepileptics, so I designed my diet to incorporate some of those natural chemistries in nature...same method of action...and keep them in rotation so I can keep side effects at a minimum. Like taking a small dose of each medication in rotation during the week, and adding food chemistry in to help inhibit or promote enzymes to help to detox these chemistries that negatively effect me.

It works well for me, but I cannot know how it will work for others because we are all different, and of course, sometimes I do go out and eat foods I should not eat....sometimes you need to eat some good tasting things just to stay sane.

Made two Big pots of Chicken soup in the last week for the kids and grandkids. Lots of work to make it properly, but it is not expensive to make anyway. A pregnant doe is waiting around the back door waiting for lunch every day lately, having a hard time keeping organic carrots, potatoes, and homemade organic bread in stock.

Hot toddies work good too for those kinds of symptoms. So does some hot asian foods, they clear up the nose from the peppers. My daughter gave me some dried Chilies, ghost peppers, some sort of hot balckish red hot pepper, and a couple of reapers to make some medicinal soups. Not sure how to use the reapers and ghosts yet, but I will have to experiment to find a good combination to clear the nose out.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Glad to hear you're feeling better. And that you are finding supplements to ease the symptoms.
Those Dr Christopher Infection X pills work...I always keep a bottle on hand.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Sounds like your immune system is sensing microbes in the environment and putting out a defense system response to the microbes. They could be viruses or bacteria and fungal microbes. The first line of defense is usually to make mucous to try to keep the microbes from getting hold. That mucous can contain chemistries that kill or inactivate the microbes. It does not have to be a severe virus to trigger this response, the intent is to keep the virus from getting to be too much of a problem.

If the mucous gets too thick or too much is produced, it can cause serious problems. So moderating the mucous can be beneficial and also using cough suppressants can help from having severe coughing that can crack the rib cartilage from the backbone connection...that has happened to me a few times. Sore back for about a week or two in the rib area happens, especially when you cough.

I try not to use too many treatments that dampen the immune response, choosing ways to reduce the mucous somewhat plus using some food choices to help suppress severe coughing. Most times it is our immune system chemicals that destroy our bodies while trying to fight a disease.

I still have lots more to learn in choosing chemistries to properly moderate my immune response. I will get some over the counter meds sometimes if I have a hard time to control it, but the more I study stuff and test food chemistry interaction on myself, the more I can identify natural ways to control this. What I discover will not always help others with different genetic and epigenetic traits....so basically people have to test on themselves.

Chicken soup seems to work really well if made right to control overreaction and also if made right, it can directly disable viruses. Beef soup made from soup bones can also help with this if it has some proper spices and veggetables in it. I am making big pots of soups a lot in the winter for the kids and grandkids. I have studied a lot on the spices antiviral and anticancer properties. Most of the soups I perfected keep my epilepsy at bay...Temporal lobe epilepsy. The side effect of them is that they are also pretty much antiviral and can somewhat deter cancer from growing. They are not a panacea or anything, just have some medical properties that help.. Too much of this type of soup can have side effects too, but two or three meals a week is no problem. Think of it as a medicine, too much medicine can cause side effects and my soup is designed from studing anti-epileptic meds to find a natural way to control it. I was intolerant to four classes of antiepileptics, so I designed my diet to incorporate some of those natural chemistries in nature...same method of action...and keep them in rotation so I can keep side effects at a minimum. Like taking a small dose of each medication in rotation during the week, and adding food chemistry in to help inhibit or promote enzymes to help to detox these chemistries that negatively effect me.

It works well for me, but I cannot know how it will work for others because we are all different, and of course, sometimes I do go out and eat foods I should not eat....sometimes you need to eat some good tasting things just to stay sane.

Made two Big pots of Chicken soup in the last week for the kids and grandkids. Lots of work to make it properly, but it is not expensive to make anyway. A pregnant doe is waiting around the back door waiting for lunch every day lately, having a hard time keeping organic carrots, potatoes, and homemade organic bread in stock.

Hot toddies work good too for those kinds of symptoms. So does some hot asian foods, they clear up the nose from the peppers. My daughter gave me some dried Chilies, ghost peppers, some sort of hot balckish red hot pepper, and a couple of reapers to make some medicinal soups. Not sure how to use the reapers and ghosts yet, but I will have to experiment to find a good combination to clear the nose out.

As always your contributions are well reasoned and thought out, so much so, that somebody needs to organize your responses by category. Much more concise while covering more pertinent issues than even the top search engine sources.

As for ghost or reaper pepper... Im a bit of a pepper head and have been making reaper popcorn, nothing but a tad of coconut oil and 1/8 teaspoon Reaper powder. That was till I ordered some spicy pepper popcorn seasoning and added it to the reaper powder, it's not hotter but it does have other spices that might be hitting my allergy response FAIK.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Glad to hear you feel better now !

You described in detail what happened to your foot, so I can imagine now why it hurts you.

My proposal: bee poison ointment, it's especially suited ,also for an old scar.

Is the neuropathy caused by the inward pulled scar? Or has the neuropathy another source?
Is your blood sugar level okay?

Hope you try the red light therapy. In my opinion everybody would like and profit from it in some way.
Really, it's worth a try.
edit on 26-2-2024 by lotusaugen because: Grammar, just a try...

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just an interesting FYI, here in South Africa too, weird constant sinus drip, I think I had mine for about 9 months, only on the left, drove me nuts. Felt perfectly fine, just the stupid sinus drip for absolutely no reason. No dietary change, we've always been careful about what we buy and where cause daughter and I have an egg allergy, son for preservatives, plus we're pescitarians, so we tend to buy only stuff that everybody will be safe to eat, hubby is the only one who eats meat, and I get his from a soecific butchery, not a supermarket. But I've noticed a lot of ppl are experiencing the sinus thing. Just about everybody I come accross and it keeps carrying on for months. Some are vaccinated, others not, so its not related to long covid and its not food related ... which leaves something new we're breathing in that wasn't there before.

Either way, I reckon the advice you got is pretty sound, try to steer clear of medicines, cause if it's like what's happening here, you don't want medication long-term. Some ppl I spoke to said they bought these, I don't know what they are called, but it's like a bowl with liquid and it mists a room? They get aroma therapy oils for sinusses to use in it. I didn't get one of those, too pricey, but they swore by it. So again, it's neutralising something in the air, which brings us back to, we're breathing in something that's irrttating the sinusses. That's my take on it, if it helps.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lotusaugen

Glad to hear you feel better now !

You described in detail what happened to your foot, so I can imagine now why it hurts you.

My proposal: bee poison ointment, it's especially suited ,also for an old scar.

Is the neuropathy caused by the inward pulled scar? Or has the neuropathy another source?
Is your blood sugar level okay?

Hope you try the red light therapy. In my opinion everybody would like and profit from it in some way.
Really, it's worth a try.

Ive been looking at the bee venom, just haven't had a chance to research it a little more, but its on my list. I have a little neuropathy in my other foot its just nothing compared to the left. Blood sugar seems okay I try and stay away from sugar usually just honey, but there have been various chocolates here in the house since Valentine's Day, no doubt I slipped up some days, hell that could be the allergies.

Thanks for the red light therapy idea even my little hand-held one did seem to help on my face and nose, really need to find the one I can wrap around my ankle, but even with the hand-held one once I rigged a way to keep the light on it you could feel a difference.

Was reading a bit about it one person mentioned soaking in an Epsom salt bath and using light therapy. Epsom salt bath by itself does offer temp relief so does DMSO for that matter, just need to make it part of the routine every 3-4 days.

Im one who will keep trying different therapies and when something seemingly works it goes into the rotation and is used when Im not too distracted to take the 30 minutes. I got the idea for tinctures here on ATS will add bee venom to that, Also probably need to get out my walking boot it's just not fun to wear in the winter cold and rain.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

In our modern lifestyle, we're increasingly disconnected from nature, impacting our immune systems. Our bodies thrive on exposure to natural elements, like bacteria and pollen, which act as a workout for our immunity. However, spending too much time indoors in artificial environments weakens our immune response. When we finally encounter natural stimuli, our immune system overreacts, leading to allergies and immunity issues. To combat this, we need to prioritize reconnecting with nature by spending time outdoors, exposing ourselves to sunlight, fresh air, and natural environments. This will help strengthen our immune systems and improve overall health.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsPixie
Just an interesting FYI, here in South Africa too, weird constant sinus drip, I think I had mine for about 9 months, only on the left, drove me nuts. Felt perfectly fine, just the stupid sinus drip for absolutely no reason. No dietary change, we've always been careful about what we buy and where cause daughter and I have an egg allergy, son for preservatives, plus we're pescitarians, so we tend to buy only stuff that everybody will be safe to eat, hubby is the only one who eats meat, and I get his from a soecific butchery, not a supermarket. But I've noticed a lot of ppl are experiencing the sinus thing. Just about everybody I come accross and it keeps carrying on for months. Some are vaccinated, others not, so its not related to long covid and its not food related ... which leaves something new we're breathing in that wasn't there before.

Either way, I reckon the advice you got is pretty sound, try to steer clear of medicines, cause if it's like what's happening here, you don't want medication long-term. Some ppl I spoke to said they bought these, I don't know what they are called, but it's like a bowl with liquid and it mists a room? They get aroma therapy oils for sinusses to use in it. I didn't get one of those, too pricey, but they swore by it. So again, it's neutralising something in the air, which brings us back to, we're breathing in something that's irrttating the sinusses. That's my take on it, if it helps.

I think you are talking about an aroma diffuser, we do have one somewhere, think Ive read where eucalyptus, thyme rosemary lemon peppermint may help. I did order a face steamer which sometimes gives a few minutes of relief. That and Vapor Rub, my sis got me some new allergy nose spray it works fine if you use it while sinuses are open partially where it can get good coverage. Astepro, but it is expensive AH 25 bucks a bottle.

LOL Ive actually wore a mask a little bit when I sleep and the allergens are up in my area. I just inevitably take it off during the night and my sinuses get locked up before I wake up. I also grabbed my steamer and use it if they are particularly heavy

<< 1   >>

join