It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sora: prepare for next wave of AI fake UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: realityshift

The only thing that changed was the tools available.

People have been able to lie with words, text, photos, films, videos, whatever since the first time they used them, so in that respect, nothing changed.

The fact that many people still blindly believe in photos (that have been manipulated for more than 150 years) shows that nothing really changed.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So will video and audio evidence no longer be acceptable in a court of law ?

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

This tech literally just changed the game. Not only for ufo enthusiasts but for everyone. This is 2 years in. In 10 you literally won’t be able to tell. All that is required is a sentence or two.

Surprised so little response on ats.

Twitter seems to have recognized the significance. Lots of memes: me watching videos of crimes I didn’t commit waiting for police to knock at door… etc.

Literally can’t trust media now.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
This is 2 years in. In 10 you literally won’t be able to tell.

2 years? Not even close, this is the result of decades of work.

Surprised so little response on ats.

Twitter seems to have recognized the significance. Lots of memes: me watching videos of crimes I didn’t commit waiting for police to knock at door… etc.

Thankfully ATS didn't respond with stupid memes.
As for significance, I don't see much difference, as this is not something you can have on your home computer, so the creation of the videos is limited by OpenAI, like they already limit the text and static images.
Considering that this uses HUGE amounts of processing power and data, it's not something you can have on your basement, only organisations with deep pockets can create their own versions of Sora.
And it still has problems, like perspective or a cat with two left from paws.

Literally can’t trust media now.

It has always been like that.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Don't you miss the good old days when you could throw a car hubcap in the air like a frisbee then quickly snap a photo, and people would believe it was the real deal?

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

As I have been saying times again. UFO scene is very personal. The knowledge that came from observation leads to a believe. It can be aquired only through personal encounter. AI cannot replace a personal encounter.

edit on 31-3-2024 by DaydreamerX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join